Cruise accessory ideas

rlkubi

We cruise at least once a year so she has a Kindle (and I agree - love my Kindle!) and she has the outlet splitter. Just wondered if anyone bought something new that was cool?

Thank you both for your great responses though :)

I got a Clarity Small Pouch for my carryon. TSA approved and sturdier than a plastic bag.

https://truffleco.com/products/clarity-pouch-small/natural-and-bone

They have some other accessories too.

Does it actually say TSA approved on the bag? If not, beware. I had a similar bag at one point (as a frequent traveler) and got stopped by an overzealous TSA screener who told me it had to be a standard-issue ziplock bag. No arguing. They had bags available there; I had to transfer everything from this bag to a ziplock.

Just a friendly warning -- :eek:

Does it actually say TSA approved on the bag? If not, beware. I had a similar bag at one point (as a frequent traveler) and got stopped by an overzealous TSA screener who told me it had to be a standard-issue ziplock bag. No arguing. They had bags available there; I had to transfer everything from this bag to a ziplock.

Hmm--never had an issue and have travelled domestic and international with it.

Somebody was being extremely overzealous--and misinformed.

Per the TSA website it has to be 'quart-sized' and resealable. Nowhere does it specify it must be a ziplock baggie.

But I will keep a spare quart bag with me just in case.

• 2 weeks later...
Small magnetic touch light. I don't know where it came from as it was a gift but it has a bright setting where you could carry it around as a pretty decent flash light and a dimmer setting where you could use it as a night light.
These are available at the Dollar Store.

I got a Clarity Small Pouch for my carryon. TSA approved and sturdier than a plastic bag.

https://truffleco.com/products/clarity-pouch-small/natural-and-bone

Another caution for bags that are not as flexible as zip lock quart bags: You can stuff things more easily in a bag that is thin and flexible. I discovered this at Heathrow. The TSA person found another item in my carryon that was not in the zip lock bag. It would not fit in my zip lock. She gave me one of their bags, which was a thinner plastic, and shoved everything in it. I now carry it wherever I fly.

• 1 month later...

Adding to the above - I have a bag which IS marked "TSA approved" and in Cayman they still made me take everything out of that bag and transfer into a quart-size zip baggie they gave me. Almost everything fit except for 2 items - the "TSA approved" bag has a flat bottom so holds a little bit more. I kept my empty TSA bag and still use it, but can happen! I can't remember now if it was Grand Cayman or Cayman Brac. We were in Brac for a dive trip.