Bermuda Advice

JerseyGirlatHeart

Currently working on Itinerary for upcoming Bermuda Cruise on the Summit. Has anyone gone lately (2016/2017)? Thinking about the following, just not sure if doable based on timing/ferry schedule ... any suggestions appreciated. No activity on Roll Call.

Day 1: buy a 3 day bus/ferry pass ... $44.00 each; take Orange Ferry from dock to St George’s, tour/walk St George’s (about 1.5 hours). Stop at the unfinished church, then tobacco beach (take snorkel gear with us) and rent beach chairs $35 for two. After a few hours, walk to St Catherine’s Fort and tour (opens at 10am, $14 for both, walk back to Tobacco beach.). Head back to ship for dinner. After early dinner catch Blue ferry to Hamilton and check out Harbor Nights (around 7:30). Not sure of ferry schedule.

Day 2 ... Hidden Gem tour (on own ... about $20 cheaper then through ship). ... $175 each ... 7 hour tour. Head back to ship. (It is my understanding that Bermuda shuts down early.)

Day 3 ... walk around dockyard ... any other suggestions ... early departure around 3pm. Maybe a railway hike?

Thanks for any insight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Currently working on Itinerary for upcoming Bermuda Cruise on the Summit. Has anyone gone lately (2016/2017)? Thinking about the following, just not sure if doable based on timing/ferry schedule ... any suggestions appreciated. No activity on Roll Call.

Day 1: buy a 3 day bus/ferry pass ... $44.00 each; take Orange Ferry from dock to St George’s, tour/walk St George’s (about 1.5 hours). Stop at the unfinished church, then tobacco beach (take snorkel gear with us) and rent beach chairs $35 for two. After a few hours, walk to St Catherine’s Fort and tour (opens at 10am, $14 for both, walk back to Tobacco beach.). Head back to ship for dinner. After early dinner catch Blue ferry to Hamilton and check out Harbor Nights (around 7:30). Not sure of ferry schedule.

Day 2 ... Hidden Gem tour (on own ... about $20 cheaper then through ship). ... $175 each ... 7 hour tour. Head back to ship. (It is my understanding that Bermuda shuts down early.)

Day 3 ... walk around dockyard ... any other suggestions ... early departure around 3pm. Maybe a railway hike?

Thanks for any insight.

Your itinerary is easily doable. I have done your Day 1 several times. But with your itinerary buying a transportation pass is over paying. You only need to buy tokens at $4.50 each for single rides. (also they only sell 2 day passes which are $31.50 at the Dockyard)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't waste your Sunday.

Take the Ferry to Hamilton, then the # 4 Bus to Admiralty House park for some cliff Jumping.

Like this =

P.S. A 3 zone token (@ $2.75 ) is all that's neaded for the #4 bus.

Sunday? The Summit is there Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did the Hidden Gems tour in 2015 and it was awesome! :D

I agree about day three - there isn't tons to do in the dockyard that warrants staying there all day. I think most things close at 5pm/6pm, so if you happen to be done with the Hidden Gems tour before that, you could pop into a few places.

You could do definitely do Horseshoe Beach on the third day. You could also look into another excursion - jetskiing, snorkeling, etc. I've seen some catamaran tours as well. Depends on what you like!

Don't waste your Sunday.

Take the Ferry to Hamilton, then the # 4 Bus to Admiralty House park for some cliff Jumping.

Like this =

P.S. A 3 zone token (@ $2.75 ) is all that's neaded for the #4 bus.

b - thank you for sharing this, I definitely will do it! I will have to tell my spouse at the very last minute that I plan on doing this though....:halo:

Did you do this 'excursion'?

bon voyage

b - thank you for sharing this, I definitely will do it! I will have to tell my spouse at the very last minute that I plan on doing this though....:halo:

Did you do this 'excursion'?

bon voyage

Yes.

Nice place.

There is a small beach to swim from too.:D

Based on all the great advice, revamped itinerary as follows ... let me know if it is doable (or will be too rushed) and if I am missing something amazing (I.e., must do lunch stop, tourist attraction)

A ticket booklet with 15 one way tickets will be cheaper ($37.50)

Day 1 Wednesday—Take Orange Ferry from dock to St George ($5.00pp). Walking tour of St George (about 1.5 hours). Stop at unfinished church and Fort Catherine’s (opens at 10:00am, $7.00pp). Afterwards take short walk to Tobacco Beach (take snorkel gear/towel/sunblock/water with us, rent beach chairs/umbrella $35.00 for two. Have a few drinks/ snack). Head back to Orange Ferry for return to ship/early dinner ($5.00pp). After dinner (7:30) , take Blue Ferry ($5.00pp) to Hamilton to check out Harbor Nights. Take Blue Ferry back to ship ($5.00pp ... need to figure out time of last Ferry from Hamilton to Dockyard).

Day 2 Thursday — take Blue Ferry ($5.00pp) to Hamilton, then Bus #4 ($5.00pp) to Admiralty House Park for cliff jumping (take swimsuit/towel/sunblock). Return to Hamilton via Bus #4 (ask for transfer slip) and switchover to Bus #7 to Horseshoe Beach. Rent two chairs and umbrella ($45.00 for two). Have a few drinks/snack. Catch Bus #7 (5.00pp) to dockyard around 5pm.

Day 3 Friday — Hidden Gems Ship Tour (was going to do this privately, but snagged a 20% off promotion through ship). Be back on ship before departure (:

Thanks to for helping me fine tune.

Linda

Based on all the great advice, revamped itinerary as follows ... let me know if it is doable (or will be too rushed) and if I am missing something amazing (I.e., must do lunch stop, tourist attraction)

A ticket booklet with 15 one way tickets will be cheaper ($37.50)

Day 1 Wednesday—Take Orange Ferry from dock to St George ($5.00pp). Walking tour of St George (about 1.5 hours). Stop at unfinished church and Fort Catherine’s (opens at 10:00am, $7.00pp). Afterwards take short walk to Tobacco Beach (take snorkel gear/towel/sunblock/water with us, rent beach chairs/umbrella $35.00 for two. Have a few drinks/ snack). Head back to Orange Ferry for return to ship/early dinner ($5.00pp). After dinner (7:30) , take Blue Ferry ($5.00pp) to Hamilton to check out Harbor Nights. Take Blue Ferry back to ship ($5.00pp ... need to figure out time of last Ferry from Hamilton to Dockyard).

Day 2 Thursday — take Blue Ferry ($5.00pp) to Hamilton, then Bus #4 ($5.00pp) to Admiralty House Park for cliff jumping (take swimsuit/towel/sunblock). Return to Hamilton via Bus #4 (ask for transfer slip) and switchover to Bus #7 to Horseshoe Beach. Rent two chairs and umbrella ($45.00 for two). Have a few drinks/snack. Catch Bus #7 (5.00pp) to dockyard around 5pm.

Day 3 Friday — Hidden Gems Ship Tour (was going to do this privately, but snagged a 20% off promotion through ship). Be back on ship before departure (:

Thanks to for helping me fine tune.

Linda

The itinerary doable.

They don’t sell ticket booklets at the Dockyard. Only tokens and one or two day transportation passes. The only sell booklets on your itinerary in Hamilton and St. George. Tokens for the ferry and some of your bus rides will be $4.50. Your $5 fares are only if you pay with cash and that has to be exact change in coins. The shorter bus ride from Hamilton to Admiralty Park would be $2.75 ( a 3 zone token). The two day transportation pass, $31.50 would probably work best for you with your itinerary.

Edited by Charles4515

The itinerary doable.

They don’t sell ticket booklets at the Dockyard. Only tokens and one or two day transportation passes. The only sell booklets on your itinerary in Hamilton and St. George. Tokens for the ferry and some of your bus rides will be $4.50. Your $5 fares are only if you pay with cash and that has to be exact change in coins. The shorter bus ride from Hamilton to Admiralty Park would be $2.75 ( a 3 zone token). The two day transportation pass, $31.50 would probably work best for you with your itinerary.

Thinks for the tip. Believe the 2-day pass will be best.

Based on all the great advice...... After dinner (7:30) , take Blue Ferry ($5.00pp) to Hamilton to check out Harbor Nights. Take Blue Ferry back to ship ($5.00pp ... need to figure out time of last Ferry from Hamilton to Dockyard).

Day 2 Thursday........

The last ferry from Hamilton to the Dockyard on Wednesday night was at 10:30 pm in 2017. The ferry is very crowded; either get in line early or plan on taking the ferry at 10 pm.

SBtS

We always get the transportation pass. It’s the hassle free, stress free way. No need to worry if you have tokens or exact change. Plans change and you are good to go!

There is so much to do at Dockyard, especially if you like water sports and boats. You like boats, right? You’re traveling on a ship [emoji13]

We like the Famous Homes and Hideaways Tour. It’s about 2-2.5 hours and about $50 pp depending on whether you book directly or through your ship. It’s great fun, with a great and knowledgeable crew and a fantastic way to see parts of the island you can’t see any other way.

I also love parasailing there. Another great way to view the island!

Your plan sounds workable, but I wouldn’t do both Admiralty Park and Horseshoe Bay on the same day. Just seems like you will be spending a lot of time getting from place to place. Just my opinion.

If you still plan to do that, don’t take the #7 bus. Take the $7 pp shuttle to Horseshoe Bay. It will take you right down to the beach and save you the walk down and up the steep hill to and from the road.

I haven’t taken the Hidden Gems tour, but I’ve heard from many who have and they recommend it highly. We are thinking of booking it for our trip to Bermuda in July.

Enjoy Bermuda! It’s fantastic!

We did the Hidden Gems tour the last day through the ship and I thought this was a great way to do it so we could still have a full last day without worrying about missing the ship. If you had not changed your plans already, I would have suggested it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

D

Your day #2 is our exact plan!!! Tip I learned it is a step walk down to Horseshoe Beach and back. I have read that at the parking lot near the beach you can get a $2 shuttle back up the hill. After a long day it might be worth the $2.

• 2 weeks later...
We always get the transportation pass. It’s the hassle free, stress free way. No need to worry if you have tokens or exact change. Plans change and you are good to go!

There is so much to do at Dockyard, especially if you like water sports and boats. You like boats, right? You’re traveling on a ship [emoji13]

We like the Famous Homes and Hideaways Tour. It’s about 2-2.5 hours and about $50 pp depending on whether you book directly or through your ship. It’s great fun, with a great and knowledgeable crew and a fantastic way to see parts of the island you can’t see any other way.

I also love parasailing there. Another great way to view the island!

Your plan sounds workable, but I wouldn’t do both Admiralty Park and Horseshoe Bay on the same day. Just seems like you will be spending a lot of time getting from place to place. Just my opinion.

If you still plan to do that, don’t take the #7 bus. Take the $7 pp shuttle to Horseshoe Bay. It will take you right down to the beach and save you the walk down and up the steep hill to and from the road.

I haven’t taken the Hidden Gems tour, but I’ve heard from many who have and they recommend it highly. We are thinking of booking it for our trip to Bermuda in July.

Enjoy Bermuda! It’s fantastic!

Ok....parasailing? Tell me more!!!

I thought Hidden Gems had cliff jumping, not sure if it is at Admirality Park. You may want to check on this before you do this on day 2, you might be able to choose something else instead.

Thanks, they are different sites, but with that said, I’m rethinking day 2. We will be going in mid June, so not sure if it will be warm enough for swimming.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, they are different sites, but with that said, I’m rethinking day 2. We will be going in mid June, so not sure if it will be warm enough for swimming.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mid June is warm enough for swimming. The water is at a temperature where it might feel cool at first but you get used to it right away.