Horizon Havana area- will it be crowded with added cabins?

OSUcruiser

I noticed that they are adding additional cabins to the Havana program on the Horizon. Any experienced Vista Havana travelers want to weigh in? They are adding additional aft balcony cabins to Havana. We are looking at an aft wrap.

Thanks in advance!

I think Carnival added more cabins to the Havana consist because the exclusive area was under utilized. The added aft cabins on upper decks will add some more people to the Pool area and more revenue for the company. My feeling is that this is better as slightly more people makes a venue more comfortable.

I cruised on Vista and stayed in Havana.... I heard upwards of 30 more passengers would be added on the Horizon for Havana. IMO I do not think this will make a big difference. We cruised over Thanksgiving with a full ship and never had a problem finding a chair and we utilized this area every day for the whole cruise (Like 12/hrs a day on Sea Days). Never felt crowded

DH and I are booked in a Havana aft wrap on Horizon. When we sailed on Vista in 2016 we didn't have a Havana cabin - it was Europe and we figured we wouldn't use it enough to justify the extra expense. Since we don't generally hang out by the main pool area, I think we'll probably use the Havana space. But we're not sun worshippers, so we won't be taking up loungers in the sun.:)

I think it will and, therefore, have no plans to sail Horizon. Not saying I never will, but I didn’t really like Vista with the exception of Havana so I can’t see paying the outrageous prices that they want. Yes it was easy to find a spot back there and that’s what I liked about it. By adding that many more cabins at double occupancy IMHO will detract from the experience.

There certainly will be more people, that said, having stayed on the Vista in both a HC and a regular balcony room, I am sure the Havana pool area will be busier. It could go along way at busy before it even approaches a regular pool. We have a HC suite on the Horizon for 7/3 sailing and will report back after that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree with firemanbobswife. My group of six didn't like Vista except for Havana area. With the added cabins on Horizon no plans for it or any Vista class.

LOL, your list of dislikes for Carnival ships is growing in leaps and bounds......

LOL, your list of dislikes for Carnival ships is growing in leaps and bounds......

Funny as the Vista is the only ship I didn't like, so not really a list. I've never had a bad cruise. I would rank my Costa cruise as my least favorite in regards to food, service, and entertainment. Do I have a list of Carnival cutbacks, sure that one grows every month or two.

Spirit, Valor and Harmony are tied for my second favorite ship and Breeze is my all time favorite. Yes you heard that correct, I would rank Breeze just above an Oasis class. I bet you just fell off you chair hearing that. I'm looking forward to the Glory. I doubt I'd come back and post a negative review. I'm sure it will be a great cruise. I've got my tablecloth, rabbit ears and MRE's packed.

Funny as the Vista is the only ship I didn't like, so not really a list. I've never had a bad cruise. I would rank my Costa cruise as my least favorite in regards to food, service, and entertainment. Do I have a list of Carnival cutbacks, sure that one grows every month or two.

Spirit, Valor and Harmony are tied for my second favorite ship and Breeze is my all time favorite. Yes you heard that correct, I would rank Breeze just above an Oasis class. I bet you just fell off you chair hearing that. I'm looking forward to the Glory. I doubt I'd come back and post a negative review. I'm sure it will be a great cruise. I've got my tablecloth, rabbit ears and MRE's packed.

Enjoy your cruise, let us know your thoughts when you return.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well...atleast we agree on 1 thing!! The Breeze is also my Favorite ship!! However, we thought much highly of the Vista and of course the Havana area!!

Well...atleast we agree on 1 thing!! The Breeze is also my Favorite ship!! However, we thought much highly of the Vista and of course the Havana area!!

We loved the Breeze, we have sailed 4 times and a 5th coming up as a Carnival Journey (14 day). That said our fav area is the Havana area on the Vista (sailing in a HC suite on the Horizon in July). To each their own.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it will and, therefore, have no plans to sail Horizon. Not saying I never will, but I didn’t really like Vista with the exception of Havana so I can’t see paying the outrageous prices that they want. Yes it was easy to find a spot back there and that’s what I liked about it. By adding that many more cabins at double occupancy IMHO will detract from the experience.

I agree 100% on your take of the Vista. We had a Havana Suite and it was wonderful during the day. Comfortable and welcoming, as the rest of the ship was people on top of people. The Havana section is premium in cost and to water it down with more cabins would negate the extra cost involved.

I agree 100% on your take of the Vista. We had a Havana Suite and it was wonderful during the day. Comfortable and welcoming, as the rest of the ship was people on top of people. The Havana section is premium in cost and to water it down with more cabins would negate the extra cost involved.

So what is the break even point of adding additional cabins in regards to the watering down theory?

With hammocks and larger balconies, I'm doubting the Havana pool and tubs will be even as crowded as the Serenity Deck, where you can never find a lounger at peak time on the Vista.

What hammocks? As far as balconies, the aft extended balconies are a little bigger but there’s no shade. I hardly went out there.

What hammocks? As far as balconies, the aft extended balconies are a little bigger but there’s no shade. I hardly went out there.

Sorry, I recall seeing pictures of the Havana Cabana/Lanai balconies with a small hammock. But agreed not on the ocean view balconies.

Sorry, I recall seeing pictures of the Havana Cabana/Lanai balconies with a small hammock. But agreed not on the ocean view balconies.

The Havana Cabanas were supposed to have hammocks but instead have a hanging chair. Since the new cabins are not Havana Cabanas but rather more aft balconies, they will have no such thing and the occupants will end up in the Havana area making it more crowded.

Our Vista cruise could have used many more people in the Havana area. Even though the ship was sold out there were hardly ever any people back there. At times that was nice, but having others to have fun with is nice too.

The Havana Cabanas were supposed to have hammocks but instead have a hanging chair. Since the new cabins are not Havana Cabanas but rather more aft balconies, they will have no such thing and the occupants will end up in the Havana area making it more crowded.

Thanks for the info. Still a "crowded" Havana deck will be better than a crowded main pool or even a crowded Serenity. Looking forward to this ship in under a year.:cool: