Capri pants

RonPaula

I'm wondering what is the status of capris/cropped pants. I see some offered in the stores, but not to the extent of a few years ago. And what I do see are the legging type, not the jeans type that I used to wear.

Thank you,

Paula

They cycle in & out. Right now I’m seeing the gamut between palazzo pants & leggings. Leggings are too warm for me on a Caribbean cruise

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pants legs are definitely narrower than a few years ago, whether you're looking at pants or at capri pants. The slim leg balances out the tunics and long A-line tops that are also in style right now.

Edited to add: I'd also say that ankle pants, rather than capris, seem to be popular in the last couple of years with no sign of that changing.

The sooner capris disappear the better, IMO. They are not flattering on anyone.

While that may have been truer a few years ago when capris and crops had straight or wider legs, I don't think it's so much the case now with the newer style that fits closer to the body.

At any rate, they are more flattering, on my body anyway, than shorts or short skirts.

• 2 months later...

I have two capris I'm thinking of taking. I have a pair of ankle pants that are rather nice, bought at Dress Barn that I think I will lend to my daughter for our dinners. Perhaps a pair of navy, black, and khaki slacks for me and her. I have several blouses to pair with them. I have several shoes too. She does not wear heels and I gave away all of my flats. I think some dressy sandals, perhaps, for her.

For the most part, I have some comfortable cargo and flat shorts/skirt, and of course my bathing suit cover ups.

I really rather not do the formal night as I think the added stress of getting gussied up for a family of five would diminish our wish for a simple and easy evening. If we are still casual we could probably go to an alternate site to eat instead of the MDR, I suppose.