Cheesed off

Retired nanny

Have travelled with P and O several times and found them ok . They're usually the cheapest so you expect a lot of children. Last trip was on "refurbed" Pacific Explorer. Sewerage smell was bit much first few days but then rectified. Spoke to many passengers who had travelled on ship when it was Dawn Princess..photos showed very little difference. Also don't understand why, in a 2 person balcony suite there is only 1 tub chair to sit on and not enough room to bring a chair in from balcony. carnival and royal both have lounges All in all we had good trip and I vowed next time I would book mini suite. CUE NEXT TIME.. couple of weeks ago booked NZ cruise as they had $1 deposits and double OBC for past cruisers. Couldn't get mini suite so went for balcony. Did this because my hubby is having treatment for terminal cancer and I figured if we had to cancel I wouldn't lose anything. The other day I was randomly on p and o site and there were minis availavble for $3288 so I rang up to change booking. The end result was that if I didn't book a drinks package the price was over $4000 and I lost my OBC which as previous cruiser was $600. When I said we don't drink the "customer service" person in some other country told me "that's the way it is". Thanks heaps. Cancelled and have booked with Royal Caribbean .Shonky:mad: