Holland America Signature Experiences

roberts2005

Not sure why, but there are very very few discussions about this. Seems like a pretty good deal, two nights hotel, transfers and an event. All free if you book a suite.

Anyone out there that took advantage of the offer.

At present looking at a cruise that starts in Hong Kong.

I agree, it's a very good deal - particularly as we were booking a suite anyway! We figured out the hotel value for us (we know which hotel) is about $650, we'd save about $70 on taxis and $30 on tips, so the total value for us is about $750. We're doing a Baltic cruise, and the special event is to go see the castle where Hamlet was set, a nice excursion that we probably wouldn't have done otherwise since it's a 45-minute trip out of town. I'm noticing lots of nice changes at HAL these days. We were looking at another cruise line for a Med cruise next year with the kiddos, but may book HAL to get the signature experience. Smart marketing, HAL!

We have been offered this package in Barcelona for an October cruise. Don't really know if it is that good a deal. We would like to go to Barcelona for 4 days , rather than just the 2 days. The 2 extra days would be at our own expense. At this point HAL is unable to confirm which hotel and advises we are on a "wait list" for the extra days and will not indicate which Barcelona hotel or the availability of extra days only within 75 days of the cruise!

So, how are we to make travel arrangements...air travel, and the extra hotel nights? Do we make backup hotel reservations for the 4 nights ( somewhere with a cancellation policy), and where in Barcelona is the HAL hotel? Is it out of the city proper and therefore the need for transportation into the tourist area? What is the quality of the HAL hotel?

For all these reasons, and the uncertainty perhaps it is not such a good deal. There really isn't such a thing as a "free lunch". What is the experience of others and what advice do you have?

• 2 weeks later...
We have been offered this package in Barcelona for an October cruise. Don't really know if it is that good a deal. We would like to go to Barcelona for 4 days , rather than just the 2 days. The 2 extra days would be at our own expense. At this point HAL is unable to confirm which hotel and advises we are on a "wait list" for the extra days and will not indicate which Barcelona hotel or the availability of extra days only within 75 days of the cruise!

So, how are we to make travel arrangements...air travel, and the extra hotel nights? Do we make backup hotel reservations for the 4 nights ( somewhere with a cancellation policy), and where in Barcelona is the HAL hotel? Is it out of the city proper and therefore the need for transportation into the tourist area? What is the quality of the HAL hotel?

For all these reasons, and the uncertainty perhaps it is not such a good deal. There really isn't such a thing as a "free lunch". What is the experience of others and what advice do you have?

We are having the same problem. We want to stay 7 days in Copenhagen prior to the cruise. 2 night are included in the Signature package but we are unable to book our hotel because HAL won't let us know which hotel it will be. We don't want to change hotels so we are in limbo. Not very CUSTOMER/PASSENGER FRIENDLY, IMHO

Does anyone know if it is any suite, or just specific suites? I also read on HAL's site that you can add this to any booking. Has anyone tried adding it to a non-suite booking?

I could have added it to my non suite booking but it would have cost us around C$2600 IIRC. We declined. As far as I am aware any suite will work. For lower category staterooms, it is at a cost.

We've been offered this for 2 days pre-cruise in Buenos Aires for our upcoming trip in Jan 2019. We want to stay longer too, perhaps 3 more days earlier after our Iguazu Falls trip. But still have no idea which hotel HAL will book us in, our TA has provided a couple of names HAL has used previously but cannot confirm if the same hotels will be used until pretty close to the sailing.

This is the one we've been offered https://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Resp.action?requestPage=2018SA_SignatureExperiences&showHeader=true&showFooter=true

We have the signature experience in Venice before our cruise that leaves April 30. It came as a freebie with our booking of a Neptune suite last June. Includes two nights in hotel (4 star Papadopoli near cruise port), motor yacht on canal with stop at a doge home for drinks and heavy appetizers, transfers from airport to hotel, then hotel to port and a HA person in Venice to consult. It seems like a great deal as hotel runs about 450 per night and transfers would run around 50 or 60. We just found out the hotel as final payment is just done. We also found out our experience is our first day in country so will need to nap after the flights from USA. Weirdly it does not include breakfast at the hotel but otherwise sounds very nice.

We have the signature experience in Venice before our cruise that leaves April 30. It came as a freebie with our booking of a Neptune suite last June. Includes two nights in hotel (4 star Papadopoli near cruise port), motor yacht on canal with stop at a doge home for drinks and heavy appetizers, transfers from airport to hotel, then hotel to port and a HA person in Venice to consult. It seems like a great deal as hotel runs about 450 per night and transfers would run around 50 or 60. We just found out the hotel as final payment is just done. We also found out our experience is our first day in country so will need to nap after the flights from USA. Weirdly it does not include breakfast at the hotel but otherwise sounds very nice.

We are also doing signature experience in Venice before our cruise. What time do you arrive in Venice? We don't arrive till 6:30 pm on the 28th. not sure we will be able to do the signature experience, do you know the time for this?

We are also doing signature experience in Venice before our cruise. What time do you arrive in Venice? We don't arrive till 6:30 pm on the 28th. not sure we will be able to do the signature experience, do you know the time for this?

We arrive at 930 am from Frankfurt on Saturday morning. My HA rep sent hotel name and said experience is 28th for us. She did not know time it would leave from hotel. I was surprised it was our first night in country. You might want to check and see if possibly there are two groups, one for those arriving in time Saturday and another for those arriving later on Sunday evening?? We are from NC and flying from Dulles in Washington. Maybe we will meet up in Venice at the hotel sometime. We have been to Venice a few times and was happy hotel was in a part of the city we had not spent any time. :)

Hoping that the hotel in Rome will be the Mediterraneo. It’s a great property with excellent rooms/ location compared to the Beverly Hills Rome.

I spoke with my HAL PCC last night. We cruise in April, she confirmed our hotel is indeed the Mediterraneo. Happy to see a positive post about it...

I am surprised a prior poster said their hotel did not include breakfast. Does anyone know more on this?

A lot of hotels do not include breakfast (especially in Europe). It is a surcharge and if you want to pay, they add it.

I suspect if HAL is booking they are booking a standard room which in many cases may not include breakfast.