Embassy Suites , Elizabeth, NJ Safe area?

merinski

Is this area safe around the Embassy Suites?

Embassy Suites and the several other hotels located on International Blvd. In Elizabeth NJ is a safe area..no reason to think it's not..many pre-cruiser's stay at hotels there.

Thank you, It's just for one night and we will want to go for dinner somewhere near by.

There's a Ruby Tuesday & IHOP quick easy less than a 5 min walk...or you could cross the street and go into the mall....It was raining when we were there so opted for Ruby's.

Stayed there in Sept for a solo cruise, and I had a wonderful stay. Hotel was clean and staff were great. I walked over to the outlet mall and spent the afternoon. Hotel offered a shuttle to Anthem, and I made my rez for it when I checked in. Totally safe and will stay here for any future sailings.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Just back. We stayed at this hotel one night before going on our cruise. It was very nice. Room was large and comfortable. Breakfast was good. Close to an outlet mall and a few restaurants.

Ruby Tuesdays, I Hop , and Johnny Rockets.

Took the shuttle to the port for $20 each. Worked out great!

There were some noisy people with kids for the first little while, and some kids pulled the fire alarm, but it settled down after that. lol

We will be arriving 2 days before our cruise departs. Does anyone know if this hotel or any other in the area allows early luggage drop off? We have a flight that arrives at 8:35 AM and we would like to start exploring the area without dragging our baggage with us.

We will be arriving 2 days before our cruise departs. Does anyone know if this hotel or any other in the area allows early luggage drop off? We have a flight that arrives at 8:35 AM and we would like to start exploring the area without dragging our baggage with us.

I’ve never stayed at a hotel, anywhere, that didn’t allow you to check in and leave your luggage until your room was ready.

Thay have a luggage store room next to reception. They were a bit sneaky with us. We arrived by hire car about 1pm (I think check in is 3pm). Plan was to drop the luggage in our room and then take the car to EWR to de hire, then use the Airtrain and hotel shuttle to get back. That part of the plan worked fine, but when we checked in they made no mention of a $50 early check in fee...until we checked out 2 days later! Woman on the desk said she mentioned it...I said you didn't...after a bit of an argument I thought I really could not be bothered arguing about $50 on a 4 week holiday and paid it under duress!!

Simon

Thay have a luggage store room next to reception. They were a bit sneaky with us. We arrived by hire car about 1pm (I think check in is 3pm). Plan was to drop the luggage in our room and then take the car to EWR to de hire, then use the Airtrain and hotel shuttle to get back. That part of the plan worked fine, but when we checked in they made no mention of a $50 early check in fee...until we checked out 2 days later! Woman on the desk said she mentioned it...I said you didn't...after a bit of an argument I thought I really could not be bothered arguing about $50 on a 4 week holiday and paid it under duress!!

Simon

Yikes. Thanks for the info. :D:D

• 1 month later...
We stayed st this Embassy Suites a week ago for one night pre-cruise. It was an excellent choice. Very comfortable room, friendly staff, and an easy drive to Cape Liberty the next morning. We would stay there again.

Does this Embassy Suites have the nightly evening mangers reception?

Does this Embassy Suites have the nightly evening mangers reception?

Yes, but folks have posted there is only one free drink because of NJ state liquor law that limits "happy hours".

Subsequent drinks are $2 each... when I got my wife and myself a drink, I just gave the bartender $5 a time...never had to wait in line!!

Simon

Yes, but folks have posted there is only one free drink because of NJ state liquor law that limits "happy hours".

Subsequent drinks are $2 each... when I got my wife and myself a drink, I just gave the bartender $5 a time...never had to wait in line!!

Simon

Thank you and good to know.