Best way to get from San Juan Cruise terminal to airport

cwisleman

Taxi also for us.

Please note that in 2016 (another cruise line) on our return from the cruise, we took a taxi to the airport (fast no problem). However, at the airport, San Juan was very slow because your bags must go through the agricultural inspection scan machines before you proceed to either the check in counter or the security checkpoints. You will find these stations just inside the terminal entrances opposite the airline check in counters. Don't know if this is still the case today.

http://aeropuertosju.com/en/passengers/enusda/

We just disembarked on Saturday at the San Juan terminal. We took a taxi directly to the airport. There were many waiting in line. This was at 8:30 am. It took about 15 minutes to get to the airport. The cost was $24 plus tip. There was a per person supplement charge and a per bag luggage charge. These were included in the $24. (There were two of us in the taxi.) There is a taxi manager at the port who will give you a piece of paper with the amount you will have to pay to the driver when you get out at the airport. We found it to be a very easy process.

Also did the same last Saturday coming off ship except our flight was not until late in the afternoon so we took cab to Intercontinental hotel located right next to airport and took advantage of a day pass which inludes a 50 minute massage and use of all their facilities (shower, locker beach chairs umbrella, pool). Great service, well worth it and a great way to end the trip.

• 6 months later...
Also did the same last Saturday coming off ship except our flight was not until late in the afternoon so we took cab to Intercontinental hotel located right next to airport and took advantage of a day pass which inludes a 50 minute massage and use of all their facilities (shower, locker beach chairs umbrella, pool). Great service, well worth it and a great way to end the trip.

Can you provide any any info on the Day Pass? How much and where you were able to get the info? thanks in advance!

Can you provide any any info on the Day Pass? How much and where you were able to get the info? thanks in advance!

Kitty madam,

The cost was US$90 plus tax or approx US$100. Read about it on trip advisor and called them up directly to book massage time and pay for package. I believe the Marriott Stellaris also has a day pass option with an F&B credit included. We thought the massage was a better value. Very nice spa near the pool. Hotel is a 5 minute drive from airport

I read that Uber is not allowed to pick up from the cruise terminal:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147320-i72-k10258087-o10-Uber_in_PR-San_Juan_Puerto_Rico.html

Did you have to walk outside the terminal to meet your driver?

Sorry, I had not seen this. We walked east about 1/2 block along the waterfront, grabbed a bench, and hailed an Uber. Our driver pulled up within 3-4 minutes. I'm confident Ubers aren't allowed in the cab line but getting 5 minutes from the end of the terminal is super easy.

• Like 1