Help for 1 day in Bermuda

CRUZERWANNABE

I have one day left to plan in Bermuda, and I have so many things I want to do, but I have to pare it down. I need a little help from those that have been and can tell me what I shouldn't miss. Here is my list....Tobacco Bay, Horseshoe Bay, walking tour of St. George, walking around Hamilton and Gibbs Lighthouse. We will be using the buses and ferries, so I will need to allot time for that, so based on my wish list, which of these things is it feasible to do? Thanks in advance.

Carol

I have one day left to plan in Bermuda, and I have so many things I want to do, but I have to pare it down. I need a little help from those that have been and can tell me what I shouldn't miss. Here is my list....Tobacco Bay, Horseshoe Bay, walking tour of St. George, walking around Hamilton and Gibbs Lighthouse. We will be using the buses and ferries, so I will need to allot time for that, so based on my wish list, which of these things is it feasible to do? Thanks in advance.

Carol

Tobacco Bay and St George's are close to each other. Gibbs L/H and Horseshoe Bay are close to each other.

Tobacco Bay and St George's are a 45 minute ferry ride away from the Dockyard. Gibbs L/H and Horseshoe Bay are about a 25-30 minute bus ride from the Dockyard.

Gibbs L/H and Horseshoe Bay are about a 1H 20M bus ride plus waiting time for the buses from Tobacco Bay and St George's. There is no direct bus route to Gibbs/Horseshoe from TB/SG, You would take a bus into Hamilton where you would transfer buses to get to Gibbs/Horseshoe.

This involves a lot of travel time. You may want to reconsider, and I didn't include walking/shopping in Hamilton.

You could do this but it would be a long day. You couldn't do it on day 3.

Select one or the other. I would do TB/SG

SBtS

Thanks for the advice, It really helps just knowing the time for travel. What I really want is a 4th day in Bermuda :D. I just now have to figure out if I do St. George, Tobacco Bay and maybe the Crystal Caves or Hamilton, Horseshoe Bay and Gibbs Lighthouse. Maybe it will just be a good excuse to go back ;p I'm not sure if I could convince my hubby though, I would do it in a heartbeat....would love to spend several days just geocaching. Feel free to chime in with your preferences.

Carol

Edited by CRUZERWANNABE

At this point, methinks you need to decide from the activities provided so far, which one(s) you are willing to do without your DH and/or which you DH will do and select.

If you have even a slight idea of what your DH would enjoy, you can perform an internet search on this for Bermuda, then you can come back to let us know what you think will be good.

For example, my spouse will NEVER do rock diving or horseback riding and I barely tolerate the sand... one of our days I get to do what I Am really interested in without argument... then meet everyone back at their chosen beach just before lunch.

Everyone gets to do what interests them the most.

Enjoy and bon voyage

My Husband is usually up for all the same things I am......except cruising in general. LOL He goes every couple of years to keep me happy. Therefore, returning to Bermuda on a cruise with my DH is not an option. If I could just find a cruising buddy, I would be all set, I have plenty of takers, just none with money. I can be happy with my DH agreeing to cruise every few years. :')

My Husband is usually up for all the same things I am......except cruising in general. LOL He goes every couple of years to keep me happy. Therefore, returning to Bermuda on a cruise with my DH is not an option. If I could just find a cruising buddy, I would be all set, I have plenty of takers, just none with money. I can be happy with my DH agreeing to cruise every few years. :')

LOL, I feel your pain...

I have to re-invent the reasons to cruise each year and running out of inventions going into the sixth year!

bon voyage

My two cents... Horseshoe Beach, Gibbs Light House and Hamilton... although will be tight on your last day in port. Horseshoe bay is a beautiful beach and the view from the top of Gibbs Light House is amazing.... I also love St George’s, and enjoyed the unfinished church and tobacco bay....I am a beach person (not a snorkeler) so horseshoe is a stop on all of my Bermuda trips!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My two cents... Horseshoe Beach, Gibbs Light House and Hamilton... although will be tight on your last day in port. Horseshoe bay is a beautiful beach and the view from the top of Gibbs Light House is amazing.... I also love St George’s, and enjoyed the unfinished church and tobacco bay....I am a beach person (not a snorkeler) so horseshoe is a stop on all of my Bermuda trips!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the input, this would not be our last day, it will be the middle day , so a full day. We are doing the Segway Tour and a snorkeling catamaran tour on the first day and a full day tour through the ship on the last day. We have decided to wait and see what the weather is and our wandering lust tells us.

• 2 weeks later...

you could do St. George, Tobacco, Caves, cab to Hamilton (splurge: saves time) and then take the ferry from Hamilton back to the ship. It would be a long day.....or if you choose the lighthouse, Horseshoe, bus to Hamilton, ferry back to Wharf. If the Segway tour is around dockyard I would reconsider it....or hit up horseshoe afterwards.