Military benefits

coxy

just booked a cruise for later on in the year and applied for my military benefits then noticed its all changed depending on what choice of cabin you choose is the amount you get in obc just wondering when did it all change

just booked a cruise for later on in the year and applied for my military benefits then noticed its all changed depending on what choice of cabin you choose is the amount you get in obc just wondering when did it all change

If you check the FAQ the change was effective on bookings made from 1st August last year.

If it is a 'Select Fare' you get the military obc, if 'Saver Fare' you miss out. Such is life.:halo: I have received it in the past as I served in both the British Army and Australian Army, buys a few bottles of vino in the MDR.

Also if you have a Blue Light Card you can get only get one benefit now. Before you could get OBC with the Forces and 5% off with the Blue Light Card ( Blue Light Card also changed to OBC at the same time) . Which I think is fair enough.

Also if you have a Blue Light Card you can get only get one benefit now. Before you could get OBC with the Forces and 5% off with the Blue Light Card ( Blue Light Card also changed to OBC at the same time) . Which I think is fair enough.

I agree, one should not be able to double dip the obc. Like in Australia, if you get a decent private pension you don't get a Government Old Age Pension, even though you paid for it in your working life with taxes. Nor does your wife/partner.:evilsmile: All means tested.

I reckon Carnival shareholders should only get one lot of obc as well.

Carnival Inc & Plc is almost unique in that it is registered and traded both on the London and New York Stock Exchanges. At the time of P&O Plc (who also owned Princess Line) being combined with Carnival, its shareholders had a benefit. As part of the agreement the combined company was to be traded on both SE's and an UK shareholder benefit scheme was to be maintained.

I do not know if non-LSE shareholders also have a benefit scheme.

49 cruise 17 ships 3 liners

I reckon Carnival shareholders should only get one lot of obc as well.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. 'One lot of obc' for their shareholding and therefore not able to qualify for obc which, say, comes with your Select Fare booking and available to all other passengers? If so that seems somewhat unfair.

If you mean exclusively relating to military benefit (or blue light or whatever else P&O acknowledge) then if you qualify for that, then you shouldn't benefit from shareholder's benefit too?

I'm confused. I'd appreciate it if you expanded on your reasoning. Perhaps I'm missing the point.

Edited by kruzseeka

The shareholder benefit is for those who own shares in Carnival Plc&Inc. It is subject to approval at each year's AGM and varies in amount depending upon the length of each cruise booked. Details of the scheme are to be found on the Carnival website. A minimum of 100 shares must be held, the current share price is listed each day in 'quality' newspapers or on-line.

The shareholder benefit is for those who own shares in Carnival Plc&Inc. It is subject to approval at each year's AGM and varies in amount depending upon the length of each cruise booked. Details of the scheme are to be found on the Carnival website. A minimum of 100 shares must be held, the current share price is listed each day in 'quality' newspapers or on-line.

Yes and available to anyone who chooses to purchase the requisite number of shares. That's why I was bemused by the 'double dippng' reference to obc in relation to share holders. Anyone can benefit from this (subject to approval year on year as you mentioned) so why should that preclude you from benefiting from another type of obc as well?

It was the assertion that 'Carnival Shareholders should only be allowed one lot of obc' which I was querying and if that was supposed to preclude all other obc offers or just some.

Imo any obc for Select fares, future cruise booking (whilst booked on board now), military benefit/Blue Light should be combinable. They're offered as separate perks and I don't see why any of those should be forfeited if you qualify for them. (It's a different argument about how/under what circumstances P&O see fit to make these sweetener offers or whether we agree with them.)

And all or any of those should be payable with Shareholders obc imo - if you've invested in the Company surely you're entitled to the benefit and not be denied other types of obc on account of that.

An after thought - I think it is the case now that you can't get military benefit as well as obc offered as a future cruise booking made whilst on board. So in this case these two are not combinable. Correct me if I'm wrong.

We booked on board at Christmas. Got the £50 per person OBC but had to forfeit the military credit.

Tracey

An after thought - I think it is the case now that you can't get military benefit as well as obc offered as a future cruise booking made whilst on board. So in this case these two are not combinable. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are quite right. They check to see how you got your OBC and if it involves a promotional offer e.g. booking on board than you don't get the military benefit. We have been given MB for our cruise in March because it was booked prior to August 1st 17 and of course you have to have select fare

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Forums mobile app

You are quite right. They check to see how you got your OBC and if it involves a promotional offer e.g. booking on board than you don't get the military benefit. We have been given MB for our cruise in March because it was booked prior to August 1st 17 and of course you have to have select fare

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Forums mobile app

Thanks. I thought that was the case. It might be a matter of weighing up which is worth more - I would think the booking obc may work out better as they've recently reduced the military benefit and it's linked to cabin grade too.