Celebrity's crap website!

Legaldawg

Is anyone else having trouble with the Celebrity website (I know there is always an issue with it)? I got an email that my documents are ready and wanted to order luggage tags. When I go on it says that I am missing data in my check in file. I enter the information (which I did over a month ago) and try to save. It then says "unable to save data, please enter again." After that it locks me out for 20 minutes. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have tried to call the Celebrity number but they are experiencing high call volumes and directs me to log into their website for assistance. This website has been an issue for at least five years. For the life of me, I do not understand why they cannot get it fixed!

I went on line today and went through the check in process and got our express passes. Tried to make the reservations for the anytime dining and hit a wall.

I then called a very nice lady named Amber at the Captain's Club and she took care of the reservations for me with an email confirmation. Got the exact times we wanted on each night.

Also tried to sign up for the Cruise Connections Meet and Mingle party and again hit a wall with the web site. Amber was able to take care of the for me as we

Celebrity's web site is a DISASTER!!

Captain's Club phone customer service is excellent, can't say the same about the web site.

I had the same problem you did and had to call as once I went onto the website to print my luggage tags, it stated I had missing info.

Well, I got through to Celebrity and she checked to make sure that everything was complete (before going in to order my tags, the site said it was complete) and she said everything looked fine. She also ordered my luggage tags for me. Even if you don't have time to get to you before you leave for your sailing, you can get some right at the pier. I looked online under my account and it still said it was not complete ... but yes, that is just the site. When I got to the pier, absolutely zero issues with my check in so she was right ... it was showing as complete on their side. But, it is frustrating, to say the least. Sometimes, I just don't care to call in and wait on hold until someone can help me.

I ordered luggage tags from the website. Two weeks later they still haven't arrived so I called Celebrity. The CSR said, "That link is down but I can order them for you". Glad I'm not still waiting! Hopefully my reordered tags will arrive in time for our 2 March cruise.

We have our first cruise with Celebrity booked for 2020. I was rather surprised to see that a "more sophisticated" cruise line like "X" has one of the most awkward and hard to use websites that I can remember using in recent memory.

One thing I absolutely hate is that you don't see any of the perks that you picked as part of a promotion. I had to call and confirm that they were still attached to our booking, but this really needs to be displayed. Not only that but, in the case of the drink package, you should be allowed to upgrade it if you so choose from a link within your reservation.

With all the tech geniuses and web gurus these days, you mean nobody can straighten this mess out?

Agreed that Celebrity IS the worst cruise website there is! We have cruised with RCI, Princess, Holland America and Crystal and used their websites easily. I would say you have to be an IT person to use it properly, but I'm married to a seasoned IT guy and he fights with it all the time and is amazed it isn't easier to use. To just find simple things takes a half hour of our time. We are going on Celebrity for the first time with 3 other couples and they have the same problem. It gives you at bad attitude about them before you ever get on the ship!! Fix it Celebrity!

Two very strange and impossible to believe, they have Gremlins in the computers

1)If I login and manage your reservation the cruise planner is empty, but if i login directly to the CP with the booking data all purchases are displayed.

2)During the check in Celebrity says that My name does not match in Captain Club and the bookings

Hope not to find Gremlins on board the Eclipse

WOW! Pitiful. You wouldn’t think that Celebrity would let this kind of bad customer relations happen. I never had issues with their parent owner, Carnival. Such a shame for a semi-luxury cruise line. Glad I read this!

Royal Caribbean International is Celebrity's parent owner. Perhaps you are thinking of Costa or Cunard?:confused:

Royal Caribbean International is Celebrity's parent owner. Perhaps you are thinking of Costa or Cunard?:confused:

Not quite.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (RCCL) is Celebrity's parent company, as it is for Royal Caribbean International. Others under the RCCL umbrella include TUI Cruises, Pullmantur, Azamara Club Cruises and SkySea.

Tried on line check in. Went to print my pass and it came out with many lines printed over other lines and 1/2 of the bar code.

Had to call Celebrity and naturally wait a long time. Was sent PDF to printout. It has been this way for the last 4 cruises. Asked about luggage tags and was told it was too early.

Tried to order luggage tags today and I couldn’t enter my info. There was a link that said have us call you. OK. 1 minute later my phone rang and I was put on hold. Waited and waited and was disconnected.

I call Celebrity put on hold again. Agent answered and told him my problem. Naturally it was my fault and he told me that he couldn’t order them for me because I need to request them from my TA. I argued with him and he said that he would need to transfer me because he couldn’t help.

Waited another 20 minutes on hold. Told what I want and problem that I was having. Supposedly they are in the mail.

Since on line check in was started it was always very frustrating, agrievating, and stressful because of all the problems.

Good luck searching for a cruise and getting rid of one that you just wanted to look at.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

WOW! Pitiful. You wouldn’t think that Celebrity would let this kind of bad customer relations happen. I never had issues with their parent owner, Carnival. Such a shame for a semi-luxury cruise line. Glad I read this!

Celebrity's parent company is Royal Caribbean. Carnival owns Princess (and others).

Tried on line check in. Went to print my pass and it came out with many lines printed over other lines and 1/2 of the bar code.

Had to call Celebrity and naturally wait a long time. Was sent PDF to printout. It has been this way for the last 4 cruises. Asked about luggage tags and was told it was too early.

Tried to order luggage tags today and I couldn’t enter my info. There was a link that said have us call you. OK. 1 minute later my phone rang and I was put on hold. Waited and waited and was disconnected.

I call Celebrity put on hold again. Agent answered and told him my problem. Naturally it was my fault and he told me that he couldn’t order them for me because I need to request them from my TA. I argued with him and he said that he would need to transfer me because he couldn’t help.

Waited another 20 minutes on hold. Told what I want and problem that I was having. Supposedly they are in the mail.

Since on line check in was started it was always very frustrating, agrievating, and stressful because of all the problems.

Good luck searching for a cruise and getting rid of one that you just wanted to look at.

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji560]

Good grief! So it’s not just the website, but now it’s the phone reps as well!! They certainly can put in an order for your luggage tags whether or not you booked with a travel agent!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Admittedly the online tag ordering is useless, but I had immediate success in calling. Not on hold for more than a minute.

Agreed that Celebrity IS the worst cruise website there is! We have cruised with RCI, Princess, Holland America and Crystal and used their websites easily. I would say you have to be an IT person to use it properly, but I'm married to a seasoned IT guy and he fights with it all the time and is amazed it isn't easier to use. To just find simple things takes a half hour of our time. We are going on Celebrity for the first time with 3 other couples and they have the same problem. It gives you at bad attitude about them before you ever get on the ship!! Fix it Celebrity!

DH and I are both IT professionals and we’re constantly battling Celebrity’s ridiculous web site. As many others will tell you, the onboard experience is much, much better then the web site! If it wasn’t, there wouldn’t be any repeat Celebrity passengers:) I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

DH and I are both IT professionals and we’re constantly battling Celebrity’s ridiculous web site. As many others will tell you, the onboard experience is much, much better then the web site! If it wasn’t, there wouldn’t be any repeat Celebrity passengers:)

39 years in IT and looking forward to getting out in a couple of years. This is easily the worst professional website I've ever seen. Developed, I believe, by Jr HS kids with no experience in the industry. Not at all intuitive which, IMHO, is the most important feature of a website. If you have to think too hard to decide what to do then the site is a failure.

I do kind of get a kick out of having multiple selections on the same page that you expect to do the same thing - but one works while the other doesn't! Manage your Vacation is a great example.

I thought it was improving for a while but then decided I'd just become wise to their insidious tricks. ;)

39 years in IT and looking forward to getting out in a couple of years. This is easily the worst professional website I've ever seen. Developed, I believe, by Jr HS kids with no experience in the industry. Not at all intuitive which, IMHO, is the most important feature of a website. If you have to think too hard to decide what to do then the site is a failure.

Spot on! Someone needs to remind them of the K.I.S.S. methodology when designing.

RCCL is inviting folks to do website testing at Corporate March 12 - 16. I would hope they would be testing both sites since it's likely they share the same development team. Having open testing like that is at least an admission that their own IT people aren't up to the task.

RCCL is inviting folks to do website testing at Corporate March 12 - 16. I would hope they would be testing both sites since it's likely they share the same development team. Having open testing like that is at least an admission that their own IT people aren't up to the task.

Is that in-house testing? If so, it will catch some stuff but will fail miserably at catching the bulk of issues that will occur in the wild. Four days doesn't seem that long a period to test. Especially if updates will be necessary during the period.

Is that in-house testing? If so, it will catch some stuff but will fail miserably at catching the bulk of issues that will occur in the wild. Four days doesn't seem that long a period to test. Especially if updates will be necessary during the period.

I'd be interested in seeing their test plan. There's unit testing, system testing and my personal favorite do-your-best-to-break-it testing. If they just sit folks down with a script that walks them through booking a cruise and managing it in the prescribed many they won't learn much.

The way it reads they are looking for volunteers from outside the company.