Opal Card

You can purchase an Opal Card at a local news agency, they’re readily available. The maximum fare charged daily is $15.40, so you can travel any amount that you like without being charged more than that. Travel less, and you’ll only be charged for the trips you take. Theoretically then, you don’t need more than $30.80 for two days. That would be quite a lot of travel.

If you have an idea of where you’re going, use this website to plan your journeys and check the pricing of each trip. http://www.transportnsw.info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cash or card and yes the airport has a levy on the train services there which is $15pp.

For a one off journey, just buy a paper ticket rather than the card.

Thanks for the responses.

Do you know if traveling from the US does one need a voltage converter? I’m aware that I need an power adapter for the plug.

Thanks again.

Tom😀

Do you know if traveling from the US does one need a voltage converter? I’m aware that I need an power adapter for the plug.

Most modern electronic devices have inbuilt capability to work with different voltages. So phones, laptops, tablets, cameras etc etc are all good to go. I travel and in recent years have had no issues with using electronics, as long as I have the correct adaptor plug, of could borrow one :) Many hotels now have multi-use plugs on the desk, that take different plugs.

So you do not need a convertor, just a US to Aus adaptor.

Most modern electronic devices have inbuilt capability to work with different voltages. So phones, laptops, tablets, cameras etc etc are all good to go.

Just check the devices you are taking - should be clearly marked. Hair dryers might be one exception.

Most modern electronic devices have inbuilt capability to work with different voltages. So phones, laptops, tablets, cameras etc etc are all good to go. I travel and in recent years have had no issues with using electronics, as long as I have the correct adaptor plug, of could borrow one :) Many hotels now have multi-use plugs on the desk, that take different plugs.

So you do not need a convertor, just a US to Aus adaptor.

But they may take longer to charge or in the case of hair irons, not get as hot.