Mayreau sailing excursion?

Doh15

I see WS offers some sort of sailing/snorkeling excursion from Mayreau but they don't provide very much information about it.

Has anyone tried it, or can share any information about what it's like? Is it really a sailboat-- any idea how big or catamaran vs monohull? How is the snorkeling? Would you recommend it overall?

thanks

We did not do this sail but remember guests saying it was good and that they had fun. It is a large catamaran and I would say they probably limit the number of guests and there will be only Windstar guests onboard. You will stop at Mopion which is a sand bar in the middle of ocean and sail by Palm Island. Not sure about the snorkeling.

I see WS offers some sort of sailing/snorkeling excursion from Mayreau but they don't provide very much information about it.

Has anyone tried it, or can share any information about what it's like? Is it really a sailboat-- any idea how big or catamaran vs monohull? How is the snorkeling? Would you recommend it overall?

thanks

There were 2 catamaran excursions when we sailed in January. We did the snorkeling and lobster cruise. It was okay but catamaran they used did not have particularly good seating and the loud music coming back was ear splitting. People who did that excursion that we know also did the Mayreau cat cruise and said no comparison. They loved it. We were at beach and saw them come in to the beach party. It was a much nicer large cat. We tried to book it a couple of days out but they were full so I suggest you get it well in advance. It leaves early in the morning and comes back right to beach party and you'll enjoy the day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk