aqua class,,BLU restaurant

edgekid

We enjoy dinner conversation at a table for 2..Have previously dined in MDR or specialty restaurant..considering Aqua class, love the concept of BLU, but looking at photos tables appear really close to each other which would definately restrict our conversation.. any thoughts would be appreciated.

We have almost always had a conversation with our tablemates, but that was because it was mutual. Occasionally there is someone who you can tell doesn't want to chat and that's fine. It's up to you to set the tone, most people do converse during dinner. A one-word answer to any overture and then quietly concentrating just on your partner will send the message.

Never been concerned about the closeness, we were able to converse just the two of us, or if there was interest, with those on either side.

In one case, we had a conversation going with four tables (this was at breakafast on a sea day).

If I were persuaded ever to use Celebrity again, I would book Concierge, save the money and use speciality restaurants. Much better food and BLU is useless for breakfast and the best meals we had in BLU were from MDR menu.

This opinion is in the minority. I accept that the poster has a dislike for Blu, but 99.9% of everyone else has a favorable review.

If I were persuaded ever to use Celebrity again, I would book Concierge, save the money and use speciality restaurants. Much better food and BLU is useless for breakfast and the best meals we had in BLU were from MDR menu.

"Blu is useless for breakfast"??? What planet are you on? The breakfasts in Blu are great. And specialty restaurants don't serve breakfast.

Breakfast in BLU is my favorite part!

We just love the atmosphere, food, décor of Blu.

I have no idea what horrible, terrible thing must have happened to Anonymously to make him say the same things on every post about Blu.

I DO agree the breakfast gets redundant, but so it does at the buffet, too (what is different every day?), or any other breakfast venue. Sometimes we would go to the buffet to have a little something, because it opened earlier, then still go to Blu to hang out with something more and our favorite servers. Just a more intimate atmosphere.

And we loved our Blu dinners - not once, ever, did we feel the need to order from the MDR menu (wait, not true, one night, towards the end, we do order shrimp cocktail, French onion soup, escargot...just to do it for old times' sake). But we would still order the entrees from the Blu menu.

Keep in mind that if you choose to book a room that will put you in the Main Dining Room and you choose Anytime dining, those tables are probably closer than those in Blu.

On Summit, tables for two near the windows were just as close together as the ones in the MDR. However, there were fewer tables for two nearly abutting one another than we found in the MDR, so more sense of space around smaller groupings of tables. In our very limited experience, people at adjacent tables were more likely to want to converse at dinner, but more focused on their own conversations at breakfast. Since we’re definitely less social BC (before coffee) this worked well for us;)

"Blu is useless for breakfast"??? What planet are you on? The breakfasts in Blu are great. And specialty restaurants don't serve breakfast.

Most dreadful breakfast I have ever been served even in a UK greasy spoon. It was appalling in content and appallingly slow, I preferred eating from the buffet than the rubbish they put before me in BLU on Constellation this last September. And as I said of the evening meals which were about par in BLU the best ones were from the MDR menu.

Book concierge, save money, eat in the speciality restaurants which far surpass BLU and the buffet was much better for my money, just wasted money on BLU that was all.

What planet are you on, one that prints money for you to waste in poor quality dressed up restaurants like BLU?

Linda, poster had been putting this out consistently, thankfully others post that this is a very very minority opinion His opinion, not shared by most other posts.

The tables can be quite close together but as someone who prefers to chat with only my chosen meal companions I've never found it an issue. Most couples are there to interact with each other or they at least understand that other couples prefer this. I've never had anyone start up an unwanted conversation, even when the tables were just 6 inches apart. Or perhaps that's just because I look surly :D

As for Blu breakfast it's much nicer than the buffet zoo upstairs. The smoothies are great.

We enjoy dinner conversation at a table for 2..Have previously dined in MDR or specialty restaurant..considering Aqua class, love the concept of BLU, but looking at photos tables appear really close to each other which would definately restrict our conversation.. any thoughts would be appreciated.

On the other hand, a number of photos I'd seen of Blu showed so many tables for two that my husband and I were wondering if we'd made a mistake by booking Aqua for the first time on our upcoming cruise. One of the things we enjoy when cruising is getting a chance to meet other people, and we're hoping NOT to get stuck at a table with just the two of us. We love each other's company, and though we certainly wouldn't want to share a cabin with others, sharing a table for dining has proven to be a lot of fun for us on previous cruises. Also, keep in mind that you never can tell what's REALLY going on with something like distance between tables if it's staged photo for advertising... they may move tables and chairs around to create whatever "atmosphere" they're trying to portray. For Blu, a staged photo may be trying to show the room as small, intimate, and "exclusive."

It's all in the vibe you throw out - we have had conversations with our neighbors no exaggeration 90% of the time. The other 10 the people just did not seem that they wanted to, and we have respected that.

The tables are close enough for conversation but far apart enough for the waiters to get through and serve you.

The tables in Blu are close enough to have conversations with your neighbors if you desire and far enough to concentrate on just your tablemate if that is your wish. We've done both without problem. As far as the negative review from a previous poster about Blu breakfasts, I wouldn't worry about it. It's a distinctively minority opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own. I have blocked that poster from showing up on my computer because of the overly negative opinions I used to see on virtually every topic. No one is always positive, that would be unreasonable to expect, however I think it equally unreasonable to always post negatively about every subject regarding Celebrity.

Most dreadful breakfast I have ever been served even in a UK greasy spoon. It was appalling in content and appallingly slow, I preferred eating from the buffet than the rubbish they put before me in BLU on Constellation this last September. And as I said of the evening meals which were about par in BLU the best ones were from the MDR menu.

Book concierge, save money, eat in the speciality restaurants which far surpass BLU and the buffet was much better for my money, just wasted money on BLU that was all.

What planet are you on, one that prints money for you to waste in poor quality dressed up restaurants like BLU?

What do they serve in the MDR that is not available in BLU? What did you eat in BLU that was so terrible?

Also, what do you like about concierge class? If I was going to save money I would book a Verandah., not concierge. The cabins are the same size and you eat in the same MDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Blu doen't suit everyone, we love the breakfasts. I am not a great fan of the dinner menu's but always find something to eat and the food is very tasty. I am hoping there has been a few changes to the menus since we last used Blu.

I would say that was our experience recently off Silhouette and in AQ/BLU was somewhat similar. We liked very much the breakfasts. For me, I was disappointed in the dinner selections overall. Did love the lobster the 2nd to last night of cruise. We also ate 4 times in Speciality restaurants and think I would like to try a lesser cabin and more Speciality restaurants. Would even like to try the buffet at night as I have been reading a lot of good results.

The tables for 2 are close together and we found that if we were not the couple starting a conversation, it was the couple on either side. We had some nice conversations, but that was us.

I would recommend trying AQ cabin class for yourself and then you have your personal/own perspective.

Have a great cruise.

ps. we tried the Persian Gardens, a AQ perk, and it was nice. We had to make deliberate decisions on the 4 times to use it. Only once was anyone else there. We liked our shower head in bath and not sure the cabins had anything else due to AQ status.

Finally, the service in BLU was great!

On our last cruise we were asked if we wanted a quiet night or not, if we did we were positioned away from the window in a quieter area. Sometimes its just nice to have some together time without feeling like you should chat to others!

The tables in Blu on the Reflection were very close together when we sailed on it. There was just enough space for the servers to get their fingers between them to change the table cloth. I think it was because there was an extra table in the rows along the windows. This made for some very awkward serving as the servers would reach across the table instead of walking around when serving the person on the other side.

Don’t know what is worse. Them reaching across or standing between the tables with their butts in your face when serving the adjacent table 😱

We did a side by side cruise on that and another Celebrity ship and also have the pictures showing the difference. Don’t know if things have changed since then as they have eliminated the AQ suites (yes there were suites and not just the name) on the Reflection and also added Luminae.

There are a few tables for two that are isolated or further apart but many don’t like them because they are not by the windows or served by the server that they like or want. Those tables can also make you feel as if you are the only couple on the dance floor.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅