Chartered?

If it’s been “Chartered” then only members of that organization can purchase that cruise.

One way to check it out is to google the Atlantis travel group (which is a gay travel group) and see if they are advertising the ship and sail date.

If they have chartered, then the cruise line or your TA should be contacting you to make alternate plans.

Cabins are still available for sale on Royal’s website for that date.

That stinks. It's advertised as an "all gay cruise" and cabins are still showing as available and people on the Roll Call don't know what is going on because RCI won't tell them one way or another.... stinks. :mad:

That stinks. It's advertised as an "all gay cruise" and cabins are still showing as available and people on the Roll Call don't know what is going on because RCI won't tell them one way or another.... stinks. :mad:

It certainly would. It’s strange because there are only a couple of categories for sale.

Agree and surprised there are still categories advertised for sale. It would not be fun at all to be a passenger on board a ship that has a large contingent of a specific charter group - regardless of its nature - that would dominate the venues on board.

Apparently the entire ship is not sold out to the group and the cruise line is trying to sell out the ship as they typically would on any cruise. But to not have some notification that this particular itinerary is accommodating a large charger group with a specific agenda is not fair to those who would unknowingly book their family as well.

Agree and surprised there are still categories advertised for sale. It would not be fun at all to be a passenger on board a ship that has a large contingent of a specific charter group - regardless of its nature - that would dominate the venues on board.

Apparently the entire ship is not sold out to the group and the cruise line is trying to sell out the ship as they typically would on any cruise. But to not have some notification that this particular itinerary is accommodating a large charger group with a specific agenda is not fair to those who would unknowingly book their family as well.

Hoping it was an oversight that they did not remove all the categories. (It has happened before)

I wonder if it could also be related to the events that happened on the last charter and they are still determining if this one will in fact take place.

It's always been my understanding that the Atlantis charters are whole ship charters. Anyone else already booked will have their booking canceled, as soon as RCI gets around to it. You won't have a choice to stay unless you rebook with the travel agency handling the charter and pay their prices.

We tried to change our sailing date, resolution dept. wants $100 pp fee (1st time I ever booked non refundable) $350 more for the cruise and $75 less obc. Any suggestions? Sheesh.

You'll have to wait until Royal officially cancels you.

Have an idea what alternate cruise dates and ship you'll accept when they notify you.

Note: If you used a TA, Royal will only contact the TA.

We tried to change our sailing date, resolution dept. wants $100 pp fee (1st time I ever booked non refundable) $350 more for the cruise and $75 less obc. Any suggestions? Sheesh.

The only thing to do is wait until RCL officially announces it as a charter. If and when that happens they will offer a few sailings around that same sail date price protected and some OBC.

Edit It could take a while for that to happen since the sailing is still for sale

Do nothing. If it is in fact chartered they will give you options including the waiving of the $100pp change fee and OBC as well.

The only thing to do is wait until RCL officially announces it as a charter. If and when that happens they will offer a few sailings around that same sail date price protected and some OBC.

Edit It could take a while for that to happen since the sailing is still for sale

I guess I should have refreshed my browser before posting.:)

I guess I should have refreshed my browser before posting.:)

There were 3 of us posting at the same time

If you wait until they contact you you should be able to keep your $75 OBC as well or whatever amount that you had on your booking

They are still claiming there's no listed charter...

Right-any large group can completely change the vib on a ship!

I called RCCL again-still no info as to the Allure being chartered out. Requested to spk to Guest relations was told there could be a group-but don't show a full charter at this time... We would not get back any deposit to change ship and sail date if our deposit is a non-refundable-which our's is. We are all better off if the whole ship is chartered because RCCL will give us options. Also the agent mentioned that they are not permitted to release any info on groups booking on a particular sail date because their rights have to be protected...F-what about my rights?

Ok, so I then called Atlantis Charters. I asked if they had chartered the Allure for 02/03/19 Oh yes, I was told that it is -they will have the entire ship on that sail date. It is chartered.

However, cabins are not yet avail to book-call back in about a month. So I guess we'll hear from RCCL sometime after that...