Guy's Burger Joint - Did I do it wrong?

JMCruising

I was on the Liberty on November and was excited to try Guy's Burgers, as this was the first ship I was on that had it. When we went up to them, we were handed a plain burger and left to go put our toppings on from the toppings bar. My husband has pointed out the menus he has found online about the "Straight Up" and "Pig Patty." These seem like specifics that you order and they create for you. Am I wrong? Is Guy's just where you get handed a burger and then top it yourself, or can you order these?

I was on the Liberty on November and was excited to try Guy's Burgers, as this was the first ship I was on that had it. When we went up to them, we were handed a plain burger and left to go put our toppings on from the toppings bar. My husband has pointed out the menus he has found online about the "Straight Up" and "Pig Patty." These seem like specifics that you order and they create for you. Am I wrong? Is Guy's just where you get handed a burger and then top it yourself, or can you order these?

There is a menu right there at Guy's and yes, you either order A Straight Up, Pig Patty, etc or they hand you a regular cheeseburger.

I had the same problem on the Elation in December. I wanted the one from the menu with onion ring and bbq sauce. He hands me a plain burger, I tell him which one i want, he reaches down gets a squirt bottle of sauce, squirts bbq sauce on it and ta da that was it, onion ring? nope. the buns were different, the burger is loose meat, but it was, how shall i say this- it was a burger.

pizza is better.

I had the same problem on the Elation in December. I wanted the one from the menu with onion ring and bbq sauce. He hands me a plain burger, I tell him which one i want, he reaches down gets a squirt bottle of sauce, squirts bbq sauce on it and ta da that was it, onion ring? nope. the buns were different, the burger is loose meat, but it was, how shall i say this- it was a burger.

pizza is better.

Yeah... There really is no difference other than them placing barberque sauce or a onion ring on it before handing to you. Its like a production line....Burgers are cooked the same regardless of toppings!!

Yep you did in wrong. Better go on another cruise right away and right that wrong !!!

Did you ask for anything or did you just take what they gave you? I always ask for a ringer and fries and have never had a problem. They don't really ask what you want. You just have to tell them. I have noticed people who just go through the line and don't say anything may just end up with a plain burger or something.

I have always wondered the same thing! I saw the menu but no one has ever asked what I wanted they just handed me a burger.

Therefore, I thought that you went to the topping s bar to create the things listed on the menu. Kind of like the menu was really just ideas of how to create certain things.

Thanks for asking that question! I’ll be on the Elation in 33 days. I’ll see if I can actually order one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have always wondered the same thing! I saw the menu but no one has ever asked what I wanted they just handed me a burger.

Therefore, I thought that you went to the topping s bar to create the things listed on the menu. Kind of like the menu was really just ideas of how to create certain things.

Thanks for asking that question! I’ll be on the Elation in 33 days. I’ll see if I can actually order one.

Whenever the person in front of you gets their burger. Just look at the burger boy and tell him what you want. I get the ringer which has cheese, LTOP, onion ring, bbq sauce.

Had a Guy's burger on the Magic and was not impressed. The "Dive In Burger Bar" on the HAL Eurodam was far better. So I am "one and done" for Guy's. Its OK - there is plenty of food on a cruise ship and I sure won't starve!

Hear! Hear!

Yep you did in wrong. Better go on another cruise right away and right that wrong !!!

I couldn't have said it better:D!

Hmm, when I grabbed a burger at Guy's I asked for a specific type (Pig Patty, IIRC?), as did many folks around me, and it was handed to be in the expected basic (non-topping) configuration.

I guess if you have a bunch of folks in front of you that are happy for the basic burger, the whole line is kinda not saying anything and the server thinks you want the same.

So lesson learned...ask for what you want! They'll tell ya if you can't have it!

I have always been asked which burger I want on every single Carnival ship I have been on since Guy's Burgers were added to the ships. And I was always given exactly what I ordered.

They don't normally hand you a plain burger. They usually wait for you to tell them what you want. Sorry, not really buying this.

I've always been handed a plain cheeseburger unless I request something different. They never seem to mind, but most seem to want the plain cheeseburger, so they offer those up to keep the line moving I assume. I don't like cheese on my burgers, so it's sometimes a little wait as they seem to automatically put the cheese on them. But not anything major, like 2 minutes, lol. Just noticeable, but not annoying or anything.

On our first cruise, I thought the menu was just for suggestions on how you could make it yourself at the topping bar, they did not seem like you could get anything besides a plain burger or cheeseburger. But on every cruise after, I've asked or seen others ask, with no issues at all.

I have to agree with #8 and I miss the burgers they fixed on the Lido before Guy's. Have tried them and just do not see what so many others crave, the old burgers had more flavor and were larger.

I miss the other things that were on the grill- chicken breast, tenders, thin fries.