Crown Princess ABC's thoughts......

Qstrom

Just off the Crown this past Sunday for an eight night ABC itinerary. Any concerns of her condition of either the ship or her crew should be relieved. We totally enjoyed our cruise from beginning to end, save some rough seas the first two days. As far as the new beds, they are still replacing them as of our debarkation day, our cabin had a new bed and linens which added to our wonderful experience. The entertainment was top notch as was the food and service in the anytime dining. One can only expect a better product after her dry dock. We saw the Regal and Royal when we came in, there were eight ships in port that day including the Allure of the Seas. Total passengers would have been easily over 75,000 guests being moved during that day....impressive. I'll try to answer specific questions if I can, my review id pending.

We were on the same sailing, first time on the KP, and overall agree with Qstrom! We were on Caribe deck, our bed was fine. There was a guy replacing the wall coverings in the hallway in the midship section. We did notice that some of the chairs in the Explorers Lounge are looking rather worn, we call that a "first world problem."

We were able to do the Ultimate Ship Tour (well worth every penny!) and were told that the drydock is mainly for structural (hull) inspection and maintenence this time, don't know how much of the interior/furnishings will be replaced.

Same here, just off Sunday as well. The ship is amazing. We took the UST and the Chef Engineer told us that the dry dock is for 10 days and only for mechanical. Something about some sort of ports that pull in and discharge sea water and they needed their inspection.

Just off the Crown this past Sunday for an eight night ABC itinerary. Any concerns of her condition of either the ship or her crew should be relieved. We totally enjoyed our cruise from beginning to end, save some rough seas the first two days. As far as the new beds, they are still replacing them as of our debarkation day, our cabin had a new bed and linens which added to our wonderful experience. The entertainment was top notch as was the food and service in the anytime dining. One can only expect a better product after her dry dock. We saw the Regal and Royal when we came in, there were eight ships in port that day including the Allure of the Seas. Total passengers would have been easily over 75,000 guests being moved during that day....impressive. I'll try to answer specific questions if I can, my review id pending.

We board the Crown this Friday, so thank you for your positive review.:D

Do any of you know about the beds on Baja Deck? Hoping for a new bed when we sell on Friday! :D

We had the new mattresses in B304 (Feb 2-10th) but that was an HC accessible cabin, so can't say how many others on Baja were replaced. Our steward told us that 6 of his 18 cabins had the new mattresses (and only a few of those were HC cabins) so you may be in luck!

We had the new mattresses in B304 (Feb 2-10th) but that was an HC accessible cabin, so can't say how many others on Baja were replaced. Our steward told us that 6 of his 18 cabins had the new mattresses (and only a few of those were HC cabins) so you may be in luck!
Thank you! I'm more optimistic now! We are in B430

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Qstorm - thanks for the review. We will be boarding on 3/16 and I am wondering if you could report on the entertainment on board right now. Especially interested in the bands that play in the lounges and single performers. I understand that there is one production show plus a magician/comedian? Our friends who are traveling with us are really into ballroom dancing and hoping for opportunities to do that, and I am a professional musician with particular interests in jazz and what the single performers play. We've heard some GREAT groups on past cruises and also a few terrific jazz guitarists. thanks!

We thought the entertainment was fantastic all around the ship. The production shows are quite good. Our sailing had an accopella (sp) group called The Alley Cats that were very good. There was a ballroom dancing band in Wheelhouse we did not see but was there all week. They change out entertainment so not sure who will be there when you sail. Comedy was good and they had a magician too.

Qstorm - thanks for the review. We will be boarding on 3/16 and I am wondering if you could report on the entertainment on board right now. Especially interested in the bands that play in the lounges and single performers. I understand that there is one production show plus a magician/comedian? Our friends who are traveling with us are really into ballroom dancing and hoping for opportunities to do that, and I am a professional musician with particular interests in jazz and what the single performers play. We've heard some GREAT groups on past cruises and also a few terrific jazz guitarists. thanks!

We enjoyed the piano guy (A.J. Clarke) -- couldn't ever get seats in Crooners to listen to him but he did two shows in the Explorer's Lounge (one with Princess Orchestra backing). He sang well and was entertaining without being "over the top." The party band - Static - was awesome! Great energy AND singing, we just watch people dance. There was a trio from the orchestra (bass, drums, piano) who did a wonderful jazz set in the Wheelhouse one evening, but I think the bass player was leaving after our cruise... There was the Flame Duo that played for ballroom dancing. Just check your Patters for what's offered on your cruise!

I was on the Crown in early Feb. We saw the magician/comedian and he was pretty good. There were several opportunities for ballroom dancing lessons with Corey the CD

• 2 weeks later...
We were on the same sailing, first time on the KP, and overall agree with Qstrom! We were on Caribe deck, our bed was fine. There was a guy replacing the wall coverings in the hallway in the midship section. We did notice that some of the chairs in the Explorers Lounge are looking rather worn, we call that a "first world problem."

We were able to do the Ultimate Ship Tour (well worth every penny!) and were told that the drydock is mainly for structural (hull) inspection and maintenence this time, don't know how much of the interior/furnishings will be replaced.

I did the Ultimate Ship tour also. Love the robes we got. Carole

Sent from my iPad using Forums