What to do in Roatan

CaFireCaptain

Is there a good, quiet beach within a cab ride from the ship to go to ( CCL Liberty). We did a snorkel trip last time, which was cool but don’t want to pay that much just to go swimming again. And does CCL dock in the same place as RCCL, if anyone knows. Thanks for any info.

We won an excursion to an island with a beach resort and snorkeling and small zoo with monkeys and birds and some other animals. Beach was beautiful and the bar had plenty and the food was good. But I can't remember what the name of it was. We had to take a ferry to the island.

We had planned to do a tour of the island with Victor Bodden tours but when we won the excursion we decided free was better than even Victor's reasonable fee. We plan to go back and do that tour with him though (check out the Roatan board here - he gets great reviews) because my wife really wants to see the cameo factory. Victor Bodden tour basically gets you a private driver that knows the island and takes you anywhere you want to go but they can arrange all kinds of experiences depending what you want to do. Eating, shopping, sight-seeing, drinking - they know all the cool spots.

We won an excursion to an island with a beach resort and snorkeling and small zoo with monkeys and birds and some other animals. Beach was beautiful and the bar had plenty and the food was good. But I can't remember what the name of it was. We had to take a ferry to the island.

We had planned to do a tour of the island with Victor Bodden tours but when we won the excursion we decided free was better than even Victor's reasonable fee. We plan to go back and do that tour with him though (check out the Roatan board here - he gets great reviews) because my wife really wants to see the cameo factory. Victor Bodden tour basically gets you a private driver that knows the island and takes you anywhere you want to go but they can arrange all kinds of experiences depending what you want to do. Eating, shopping, sight-seeing, drinking - they know all the cool spots.

How did you win it? Sounds like Little French Key.

How did you win it? Sounds like Little French Key.

it was on the first sea-day - we went to that newbie cruiser show in the big auditorium and they had a lot of drawings for things. We were shocked as we generally never win anything lol.

I just looked - it was Maya Key - the buffet lunch was included and we got to go in the cage with the monkeys and get pictures with them and we mostly just laid in beach chairs in the shade and watched the ocean lol.

20160727_090423.jpg

20160727_090423.jpg

That was back in 2014. Crime can happen anywhere in the world. We've been to Roatan multiple times and always venture outside the gates. Never had any problems and find the locals quite friendly.

Victor Bodden tours is a good start for something to do and he is reasonably priced.

it was on the first sea-day - we went to that newbie cruiser show in the big auditorium and they had a lot of drawings for things. We were shocked as we generally never win anything lol.

I just looked - it was Maya Key - the buffet lunch was included and we got to go in the cage with the monkeys and get pictures with them and we mostly just laid in beach chairs in the shade and watched the ocean lol.

20160727_090423.jpg

20160727_090423.jpg

Oh, nice!

I stopped going there once this happened. You may not want to venture outside the fenced in cruise port area.....

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2014/04/articles/crime/ncl-crew-member-shot-killed-in-roatan-honduras/

Scare tactics. You are missing out on one of the best places in the Western Caribbean. All the other places you have ever been to has never had crime including the US?

looked like they had some cool excursions but it was a pretty nice port. the beach was great. snorkeling was pretty nice too. we didn't do much for the shopping or food there but it's a pretty nice port anyway. We liked the little walk up through the woods on the hill instead of back around.

we did an excursion through Carnival that included ATV jungle tour and beach break at Sol y Mar. The place had a bar and restaurant area that offered local beer and food with great service. I wasn't impress with the actual beach though..... lots of seashells that made it uncomfortable to walk if you didn't have water shoes. Other wise nice beach to relax.