Printing while on board

ClevelandKid

Hi all,

Does Viking (Star in my case) offer a business office or even just a printer on board? I may want to print out some vouchers for my post cruise tour of Rome. Otherwise I will buy and print them out at my home - which may be a better idea, although it does run the risk of them getting lost.

I've not been on the Star but just disembarked the Viking Sky; the computer area on deck 2 has four computers and two printers. Please note the default setting at least on the Sky for boarding passes was two sided printing which I could not change (although I did not ask for help); the airlines have no issue with one sheet of paper with boarding passes on each side. Hope this info is helpful relating to your voucher question.

I've not been on the Star but just disembarked the Viking Sky; the computer area on deck 2 has four computers and two printers. Please note the default setting at least on the Sky for boarding passes was two sided printing which I could not change (although I did not ask for help); the airlines have no issue with one sheet of paper with boarding passes on each side. Hope this info is helpful relating to your voucher question.

Yes, very helpful. The airlines can take the scan code off your smartphone, but a lot of buses and tour groups can't. Those are the ones I am trying to make sure I can print out.

I would print the vouchers at home for at least two reasons:

1 - Printer onboard might not be working - they do have one

2 - You may have trouble getting to the site or email where the vouchers are

and #3 - Mr Murphy.

As to printing boarding passes - you do not need a boarding pass. When you get to the airport to check your bags, get it then.

I had no trouble printing out two boarding passes on two separate sheets of paper on the Viking Sky last month. As you might expect, during the 24 hours prior to disembarkation, access to the computers is more difficult than at most other times. Everyone is doing the same thing.

There is no business office. The only computer access is on deck 1 (not deck 2) - 4 computers and two printers.

I had no trouble printing out two boarding passes on two separate sheets of paper on the Viking Sky last month. As you might expect, during the 24 hours prior to disembarkation, access to the computers is more difficult than at most other times. Everyone is doing the same thing.

There is no business office. The only computer access is on deck 1 (not deck 2) - 4 computers and two printers.

Yes, you are correct, it is on Deck 1, in a narrow hallway near the reception desks.