Does the corporate office of Celebrity read Cruise Critic Boards?????

nanamobo

A while back, they had a person who monitored this board and prepared summary information for management.....as well as offering information and help here. That person was replaced by someone who clearly had instructions to only post things that were direct quotes from their web site...no offers to help, no additional information. Recently (many months now), Celebrity has apparently chosen not to participate in this forum at all, preferring to talk up celebrity on Facebook.

It's likely that some non manager follows this forum as part of their job, but doubtful that anything posted ever gets beyond their marketing/social media manager

We have two upcoming cruises on Celebrity and after reading how Celebrity is cutting back on many items and service do they actually have some one report back to corporate office? Or do they not care???
Yes, they have someone reading Cruise Critic. I'd bet corporate knows the items that they no longer offer, so no need for someone to report on issues some folks have. There use to be a person who would frequently answer questions, but IMHO, some of the responses back to that person got a little ugly and then all of a sudden the posts stopped.

At the end of each cruise you have a questionnaire to fill out regarding your service, food etc. I know if service, food have changed or been cut back this would be the time to let corporate know. Especially if no one from Celebrity is monitoring this site.

At the end of each cruise you have a questionnaire to fill out regarding your service, food etc. I know if service, food have changed or been cut back this would be the time to let corporate know. Especially if no one from Celebrity is monitoring this site.

Last three cruises did not get one and it has been reported that others did not receive them also.

Our last 3 cruises on Celeb have not met our expectations. Especially the last one on the Eclipse. Perhaps suites and aqua are faring better. Celeb has become very class distinctive. In a regular balcony, dining room was terrible. Ate in the buffet most nights. It was good. Entertainment has been the worst ever. Nickle and diming everywhere. Etc. If anyone wants specifics just ask. We have filled in all the questionnaires, no one seems to be reading them or this board.

We are off to Oceania and Viking Ocean. Our loyalty of elite plus is no longer valued. Besides the other lines are including what our loyalty status offers us with Celeb and the prices are are very similar. Celeb has greatly increased their prices across the board and cut everywhere they could.

Our last 3 cruises on Celeb have not met our expectations. Especially the last one on the Eclipse. Perhaps suites and aqua are faring better. Celeb has become very class distinctive. In a regular balcony, dining room was terrible. Ate in the buffet most nights. It was good. Entertainment has been the worst ever. Nickle and diming everywhere. Etc. If anyone wants specifics just ask. We have filled in all the questionnaires, no one seems to be reading them or this board.

We are off to Oceania and Viking Ocean. Our loyalty of elite plus is no longer valued. Besides the other lines are including what our loyalty status offers us with Celeb and the prices are are very similar. Celeb has greatly increased their prices across the board and cut everywhere they could.

Serious question: If you ate in the buffet most nights, how do you know the dining room was terrible? What specifically was terrible about the dining room?

New to Celebrity and I'm looking for some insight.

ate in mdr 3 nights....same menus for the last 10 years, except quality has changed...all smothered with gravy...very salty....on our 3rd night , the turkey was processed...smothered with gravy...that was the last straw...onion soup NOT edible....we have done 40 cruises with Celeb...so obviously we have some experience...

others we met stayed in dining room, they felt badly for their waiter.....but many joined us in the buffet all saying the same thing...yes spoke to maitre d.....listens but ultimately decisions are made at head office....

the buffet was packed...two nights in a row they had to call down to dining room to get reinforcements to help them....

this was our 6th time on Eclipse, same time of year....

If cruise lines want to keep up with public opinion, it would be an advantage to read postings. After many years of cruising, I am always amazed at how much info that I get from the cruisecritic boards. Many times cruisecritic members seem to be more in touch than some of the cruise line representatives. That is not specific to any one cruise line.

Having read some remarks by LLP it appears she is more interested social issues. Loyal cruisers mean nothing to corporate. New cruisers are wowed as cruisers from other lines try X. But after years with X the wow is no longer there. e.g. 3 shrimp, 3 apples, 1/2 deviled egg. Need I say more?

We sailed last November and I agree the buffet and speciality restaurants are of higher quality than the main dining room. On our cruise most of the MDR menu items were the same each night and the items that changed were not interesting. We would check the menu each night before committing to it and 7/10 nights we chose the buffet or specialty. Im very sure it's all part of their scheme so people do as we did and spend more money in the specialtiy restaurants. They just messed up and made the buffet too good. Hopefully they don't get any bad ideas if they are reading this. We were on Reflection, Ultimate Caribbean Cuise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A while back, they had a person who monitored this board and prepared summary information for management.....as well as offering information and help here. That person was replaced by someone who clearly had instructions to only post things that were direct quotes from their web site...no offers to help, no additional information. Recently (many months now), Celebrity has apparently chosen not to participate in this forum at all, preferring to talk up celebrity on Facebook.

It's likely that some non manager follows this forum as part of their job, but doubtful that anything posted ever gets beyond their marketing/social media manager

I've been informed onboard that they do have staff reading this website and others, but they are really looking for trends and not interested in specific posts and posters.

As for Facebook, I've challenged the integrity of their 'Buy One Get One Half Price offer'. I explained that I thought it was disingenuous and that other people could track pricing via a well known price monitoring website. Everything was true and accurate.

They marked my post as spam so other people couldn't read it! :rolleyes:

Other complaints go unanswered on Facebook. In short they're really not intereseted so long as they can keep filling their ships with newbies IMHO.

I know they were reading these posts a couple years ago as I was about 2 days into a cruise and posted that there were no Bulgari products in our suite after Celebrity had just put out an announcement about some updates including the return of Bulgari products. That same night after turndown we returned to our cabin to find Bulgari products added and the non-Bulgari products removed. It may have been coincidental but it didn’t seem like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have two upcoming cruises on Celebrity and after reading how Celebrity is cutting back on many items and service do they actually have some one report back to corporate office? Or do they not care???

I Am sure that someone from time to time reads the forum, but I trust that they do not do a knee jerk response for on-board services solely based on what is read here...

There is a universe of passengers, a majority in fact, who have no idea of CC and possibly do not want to know about CC for X to consider as well.

I know there are instances where complaints about services is quite warranted and there are some where they are not, my opinion solely.

As you may or many not understand, fully, one passengers nightmare of a sailing is another's dream sailing with no issues. There are a few recent posts in the forum which bear this out.

Personally, CC would not be the place I would come to vent and hope that someone from Corporate would read and act on MY issue. Some posters say things to inflame, some to incite, some down right outrageous in terms of trying to get attention from Corporate or its' Corporate. Not the way to do it, in my opine.

When one wants to vent, consideration of adding to the Thread Title OR first sentence: VENT, that garners more empathy and initial understanding than a full blown dump. Most of us understand vent, then we ask probing questions to fully understand the posters point of view, if any beyond just them.

bon voyage

FWIW annotate on your Post Cruise Survey anything that you felt was a disappointment.

Having read some remarks by LLP it appears she is more interested social issues. Loyal cruisers mean nothing to corporate. New cruisers are wowed as cruisers from other lines try X. But after years with X the wow is no longer there. e.g. 3 shrimp, 3 apples, 1/2 deviled egg. Need I say more?

Corporate plans are all in the public domain. Just google the info they produce for stock holders. Search for 'double, double' and you'll see how much interest they have for loyal cruisers. Think about it, newbies spend on trips, specialty dining etc. Seasoned and savvy cruisers know how to score the better deals and are not entitled to the perks that the higher tiers of Captains Club membership provide.

A number of Senior Officers have told me that they read it to find out when their vacation starts and what ship they will be going to next.I know a few Hotel Directors who read reviews of their ships and find them helpful (at least some of the time). A number of crew are posters.

For me, personally, a lot has changed. When I first started sailing X there was no 'real' provision for vegan diets, now there is and I have found many chefs catering specifically for us. Is that not a change, sorry if that does not include your or others chosen dietary preferences so that does not matter, correct?

I, too, Am interested in social issues, very much so and do enjoy spending my money where corporations have similar support, not that they need to be exact match, but similar otherwise there are other lines on which I can sail, for sure.

When I believe that the WOW is gone, I Am gone and no need for me to keep discussing that lost factor but talk about the new one found and enjoying. Lets face it 'the good old days of Modern Luxury' are not coming back as some have remembered it, neither are the dinosaurs as much as I would like to interact with a few.

As for the food example, if one knows that will be a challenge, then order double the quantity up front and not hope for more and be pleasantly surprized if it turns out to be more in the end. Not worth staying on with X if these are real issues to be concerned about, with so many other lines to sail on, I would be looking, were I feeling that way.

bon voyage