Martini Bar

mdcelebrity

Recently on the Eclipse and whenever the Martini Bar bartenders did one of their tricks they would blow a loud whistle. This was quite shrill, annoying and disrupted the music below, big time. I forgot to mention this on my review: I hope if others noted this new practice and found it as displeasing as I did, they would please include "Note to the Martini Bar: lose the whistle!" in their reviews.

Sorry, but I think the whistle is a good idea. It was several nights on board before I happened to be in the right place at the right time to watch the Martini Bar staff showing their skills. Not to be missed in my opinion. Do they keep blowing the whistle for a long time? If so I expect that could become annoying, but an odd blast surely cannot be too disruptive.

The martini bar,after 2 or 3,gets quite noisey,but the biggest distraction is when the "disk jockey" sets up and starts his bom bom machine,that's when I have to leave,or put in ear plugs !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The martini bar,after 2 or 3,gets quite noisey,but the biggest distraction is when the "disk jockey" sets up and starts his bom bom machine,that's when I have to leave,or put in ear plugs !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some of us like a Bom Bom machine. But then I’m one of those annoying DJs [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like the Martini Bar also. In fact, I hope that on Edge and after the S-Class refurb. that bar can be extended to fill the entire room, so one can actually get a seat!

Certainly do not want to be a buzz kill in the most popular venue on the boat, but the whistle itself occurred at a frequency that several persons found unpleasant. Also, blowing the whistle constantly during the Guest Chorus Concert (one deck below) was more than a tad inconsiderate, eh? Jus' Sayin'.

I love the martini bar atmosphere, we spend most of our evenings at this bar for the lively entertainment, and fun relaxed atmosphere. We enjoy a lot of what Celebrity offers in the way of food, well appointed decor, and staff. We do wish there was a more "lively" entertainment throughout the evening. We are "young" for Celebrity being in our mid 30's but we enjoy the line, and for the most part our fellow passengers. I understand "boom boom" music does not appeal to the masses (heck sometimes it doesn't appeal to me!), but it would be nice to provide something upbeat so those that do enjoy it have a place to go.

We sailed on the Equinox last October over Halloween, and I was very disappointed in the band that would come on in the afternoons by the pool. The disappointment wasn't due to lack of talent, Adele has great music but in my opinion is not meant to be played pool side. The pool area often cleared out when they played, only leaving those napping in their chairs. It didn't have to be loud dance party music, but something more lively and upbeat would have been my preference, and I feel I may not have been the only one.

You will never please everyone, but I think they should try to offer a variety of entertainment in an attempt to appeal to all it's passengers.

We also have long loved the Martini Bar on the S-Class ships. The amount of fun at the venue does depend somewhat on the particular group of assigned bar tenders...and I think a whistle is a great idea :). It always seemed that the Eclipse had a great bunch of bartenders who wanted to have fun as much as most cruisers. Our recent 3 weeks on the Reflection left us a bit disappointed because the Martini Bar staff seemed to have little time for fun. A few fellow passengers talked about the issue and thought the bar seemed somewhat understaffed during the busiest evening hours. Anyone who has been at one of the Martini bars when a bartender pours more then a dozen Martinis at once (its quite a trick) usually has a picture of some good memories.

Hank

We enjoyed Martini Bar most days of our recent 12 cruise. Actually met a couple of other couples and starting doing things with them including meeting at Martini bar most days. Nice area on S class ships. Was there noise there... Yes, but it was typically with the 'flights' of martini's.

Compare that to the World Class Bar which we also tried a few times where it was basically DEAD space on our cruise. There never was more than one other group/person there while we sat at bar on each of our 3 - 4 visits/ drinks there. It is a nice quiet area that would not be bothered by noice in atrium area.

It is one of our most favorite spots on X ships. Great for pre-dinner martinis but loads of fun later in the night when its gets rocking.

Especially when the bartenders build the 15 martini glass pyramid and pour all 15 from a single shaker while standing on the bar (while the whistle blows).

It is one of our most favorite spots on X ships. Great for pre-dinner martinis but loads of fun later in the night when its gets rocking.

Especially when the bartenders build the 15 martini glass pyramid and pour all 15 from a single shaker while standing on the bar (while the whistle blows).

Sent from my iPad using Forums993324120_FullSizeRender5.thumb.jpg.3491b2c99f1e197a8ca65a019d044f04.jpg

Edited by emairs