Club Class Mini Suite

Turk1

Just got off the Coral after a GREAT trip through the Panama Canal! While on board we booked an Australia/New Zealand cruise on the Majestic for next Feb 2019. While we were looking for a Mini Suite all that was available on those were on the Upper Deck Forward. So, we booked a Club Class Mini on the Rivera Deck (last one available). This is the first time for a Club Class and looking to Pros/Cons from those that have been in one. Thanks.

Just got off the Coral after a GREAT trip through the Panama Canal! While on board we booked an Australia/New Zealand cruise on the Majestic for next Feb 2019. While we were looking for a Mini Suite all that was available on those were on the Upper Deck Forward. So, we booked a Club Class Mini on the Rivera Deck (last one available). This is the first time for a Club Class and looking to Pros/Cons from those that have been in one. Thanks.

We are booked on the Majestic Sydney to New Zealand Jan 2019 Club Class Mini Suite, well worth the extra $$.

Our last 3 cruises on Princess have been in Club Class having a private, anytime, dinning area is great.

So, we booked a Club Class Mini on the Rivera Deck (last one available). This is the first time for a Club Class and looking to Pros/Cons from those that have been in one. Thanks.

Here's how I would judge the value of a CC. Is it more then $25 per person per day? Because for $25 per person you could eat at the specialty restaurant every day where the service is great and the food quality is superior to the MDR. Breakfasts and lunches usually have no wait time in the MDR if you are willing to share a table.

In CC dining I loved the extra options for main courses which were all excellent and things that are not offered in the specialty restaurants. My problem with the specialty restaurants is the lack of options and usually only eat there once or twice a cruise and we usually take 14 -21 day cruises

In CC dining I loved the extra options for main courses which were all excellent and things that are not offered in the specialty restaurants. My problem with the specialty restaurants is the lack of options and usually only eat there once or twice a cruise and we usually take 14 -21 day cruises
Just off a 12 night Panama Canal

There was not an extra options for a main dish every night. One night it was a special Caesar salad, another night was cherries jubilee, and one night was an ice cream dish. The menu was the same as the main dining room and other then formal nights were cheap, low cost dishes like meatloaf and turkey. The alternative every night menu had a hamburger as the beef dish, gone is steak or beef medallions. Food is subjective of course but I believe Princess has down graded food choices considerably.

I have a Mini Suite booked on the Regal in December. Could you please tell me what the difference is between a Club Class Mini and a regular Mini. I'm sorry, kinda new to cruising, Thank you.

Hi Jersey-

The difference between a club class mini and regular mini are placement on the ship - club class are mid ship closest to the elevators and having a special area in the dining room that is not supposed to have a wait time. There is an additional cost for the club class minis.

Here is a blurb from the Princess website:

A premium stateroom category featuring our best Mini-Suite staterooms, as well as the great amenities found in all Mini-Suites — plus premier dining benefits and luxurious perks. Each night, enjoy Club Class Dining, an exclusive dining area featuring expedited seating with no wait, expanded menu options, dedicated wait staff and tableside preparations. Other amenities include priority embarkation and disembarkation, a complimentary one-time wine set-up and so much more!^

Hi Jersey-

The difference between a club class mini and regular mini are placement on the ship - club class are mid ship closest to the elevators and having a special area in the dining room that is not supposed to have a wait time. There is an additional cost for the club class minis.

A premium stateroom category featuring our best Mini-Suite staterooms, as well as the great amenities found in all Mini-Suites — plus premier dining benefits and luxurious perks. Each night, enjoy Club Class Dining, an exclusive dining area featuring expedited seating with no wait, expanded menu options, dedicated wait staff and tableside preparations. Other amenities include priority embarkation and disembarkation, a complimentary one-time wine set-up and so much more!^s

Thank you,our suite is considered mid-ship so who knows, I will just wait and see. Again thanks for your come back.

I'm writing this from a Club Class mini on the Ruby, on our last night - we leave tomorrow AM in LA.

The dining was nice, but each night all that was additional was a pasta dish made by the head waiter (or manager) of the section. The couple we tried were good. Two nights there was an additional menu entree - the first night, there was the same prime rib but with different sides, and I think a scallop dish another night. No special salads or desserts. Last year, we had a steak Diane sauce on the last night, not this time.

Another benefit is supposed to be priority specialty dining. That said, yesterday we tried to get the Crown Grill for tonight, but they were full and would not budge on that.

For contrast, my sister and I had concierge on Celebrity last year, and tried to get into one of their restaurants last minute. i"m not sure if it was because we had concierge (which also offers specialty dining priority), but once they had our room number they had a table.

Also, my husband and I had a mini suite on Celebrity that also had the suite restaurant - if that's what Princess is going for, they aren't even close yet. One pasta dish isn't the same.

The service, I will say was excellent. We usually do late fixed, and it was as good if not better than that (which in general I think is better than anytime simply because you build the relationship).

Club Class dining is very nice. IMHO it's one of the best ways to eat on a mass market line. We will return to Club Class on the Royal Princess in April and are looking forward to the dining room, menu, and service.

We are Elite with Princess and always sail mid-ship mini-suites or the mini-suite directly adjacent to to the mid-ship area if mid-ship is all Club Class. To us, Club Class was not at all worth the extra money. Yes, the dining service is great and you sit in a special area of the main dining room but in actuality, all you receive for the extra money are two small bottles of wine. The one time we took Club Class we ate alone most nights because people trickled in at diner and sat by themselves as well. The most people for dinner at one time were usually less than 25 each night. Everything else is exactly the same as a mini-suite.

We are sailing the Royal in April for 28 days and are right next to the Club Class for a whole lot less money. We are sailing the Coral in September for 60 nights and the Club Class mini-suite right next to us costs thousands of dollars more for those two half bottles of wine. Same thing on the Coral next year for 19 nights and the Sapphire for 27 nights. We get the welcoming champagne and all the other benefits that Club Class gets except the wine and small dining area.

We are seasoned Princess cruisers and everyone enjoys different things. We feel Club Class is not worth the extra money.

Steve and Judy

As a Window Suite Occupant on the Golden Princess in October this year, I shall have the chance to try Club Class Dining for myself. I will report back.-I tried the Buffet which was a challenge for me with a Rollator even though a staff member quickly offered assistance in getting my meal, for which I was very grateful It's just my problems managing in relatively confined spaces that caused the difficulty, the food was delicious. I also tried the Main Dining Room which was easier to access for me, and also delicious food. I reacted to the Cocktail Sauce with a coughing fit, reached for and drained my water glass, and a waiter appeared beside my table like magic with a full pitcher of water and the polite enquiry, "Ma'am would you like a refill?" I did, gratefully thanked him, and made a point on telling the Head Waiter about his staff member's quick response with more water when I needed it. I had Anytime Dining which suited me, so I shall find out about Club Class Dining for myself.

Of course I will report back on Cruise Critic.

As a Window Suite Occupant on the Golden Princess in October this year, I shall have the chance to try Club Class Dining for myself. I will report back.-I tried the Buffet which was a challenge for me with a Rollator even though a staff member quickly offered assistance in getting my meal, for which I was very grateful It's just my problems managing in relatively confined spaces that caused the difficulty, the food was delicious. I also tried the Main Dining Room which was easier to access for me, and also delicious food. I reacted to the Cocktail Sauce with a coughing fit, reached for and drained my water glass, and a waiter appeared beside my table like magic with a full pitcher of water and the polite enquiry, "Ma'am would you like a refill?" I did, gratefully thanked him, and made a point on telling the Head Waiter about his staff member's quick response with more water when I needed it. I had Anytime Dining which suited me, so I shall find out about Club Class Dining for myself.

Of course I will report back on Cruise Critic.

I believe you will find Club Class very convenient. DW also has some walking difficulties, and the location is great - Deck 6 midships starboard not very far from the window suites. I expect they will make sure to find you a table convenient for you to get to.

You will also have the suite breakfast in a specialty restaurant every morning (except the last one) and complimentary specialty dining the first night. However, because of your walking difficulties, you may prefer Club Class breakfast to the suite breakfast. The Club Class location is easier for you to get to. I've found the service in Club Class to be as good as in the suite breakfast. The food in the suite breakfast is better, however, because it is made to order in a small kitchen. Even though Club Class service is outstanding, the food comes from the same kitchen (and possibly warming trays) as the rest of the MDR.

Hi Jersey-

A premium stateroom category featuring our best Mini-Suite staterooms, as well as the great amenities found in all Mini-Suites — plus premier dining benefits and luxurious perks. Each night, enjoy Club Class Dining, an exclusive dining area featuring expedited seating with no wait, expanded menu options, dedicated wait staff and tableside preparations. Other amenities include priority embarkation and disembarkation, a complimentary one-time wine set-up and so much more!^

Our suite number is M231 on deck 15, so not sure if club class or not. again we will see..

Our suite number is M231 on deck 15, so not sure if club class or not. again we will see..

Jersey,

When you sign in on the Princess website, you will see your cabin listed, if it is club class, it will say. For instance, here is ours:

If you're in a suite you get club class dining. If you're in a mini suite it depends on the cabin you chose. Lido deck M231 is a regular mini suite Not a club class.

We experienced Club Class last year on Ruby Princess and have it booked again on Crown Princess this May. We loved it as in our experience it was the best of both worlds, dine whenever you want with the same table and waiters. It really is nice on a port intensive cruise as you don’t find yourself trying to time an excursion or time onshore to either a set dining time, or a dining time here you won’t end up with a 30 minute wait.

We are Elite with Princess and always sail mid-ship mini-suites or the mini-suite directly adjacent to to the mid-ship area if mid-ship is all Club Class. To us, Club Class was not at all worth the extra money. Yes, the dining service is great and you sit in a special area of the main dining room but in actuality, all you receive for the extra money are two small bottles of wine. The one time we took Club Class we ate alone most nights because people trickled in at diner and sat by themselves as well. The most people for dinner at one time were usually less than 25 each night. Everything else is exactly the same as a mini-suite.

We are sailing the Royal in April for 28 days and are right next to the Club Class for a whole lot less money. We are sailing the Coral in September for 60 nights and the Club Class mini-suite right next to us costs thousands of dollars more for those two half bottles of wine. Same thing on the Coral next year for 19 nights and the Sapphire for 27 nights. We get the welcoming champagne and all the other benefits that Club Class gets except the wine and small dining area.

We are seasoned Princess cruisers and everyone enjoys different things. We feel Club Class is not worth the extra money.

Steve and Judy

I agree we have been Elite since 2009 and these days we often book Mini Suites as we have done on our upcoming 3 cruises, Sapphire x 2 and Royal x 1. I have checked what Club Class has to offer and it is not much for the money you pay. Staying with the regular Mini as we like to do traditional MDR dining on a table of 8.

Happy cruising to you.