Darn it! Bumped off the Edge!

CruiseLifeIsTheBest

Well, darn it! Just got the call. December 3rd 3 day preview sailing cancelled. So sad as it was a total surprise for my DH and aligned nicely with an Infinity booking which would have allowed 2 days in Ft Lauderdale between the two. On to planning something else I guess, probably a lot cheaper and he won't even know anything is different so there's the glass half full :D

Celebrity web site does not display it, other internet site sends the message:No cabin categories are available for the specified sailing, air transportation city and number/type of passengers selected. Please go back and select another sailing or change the air transportation city or number/type of passengers selected.

Chartered??

Celebrity web site does not display it, other internet site sends the message:No cabin categories are available for the specified sailing, air transportation city and number/type of passengers selected. Please go back and select another sailing or change the air transportation city or number/type of passengers selected.

Chartered??

Yes. It has looked that way for at least the past month or so. It came up somewhere else in conversation in another thread with people wondering if it had been chartered. But now we see there have been people booked on it. There is a roll call for this sailing but no one there has posted about a cancellation. Wonder what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Strange....we had booked this several weeks ago, but decided to cancel ( and did so) two days ago. Couldn't really justify the shlep to FLL for three nights at almost 300.00 per person per night. We'll book down the road when the kinks are ironed out. I will miss that new ship smell, however!

"No cabin categories are available for the specified sailing, air transportation city and number/type of passengers selected. "

Could it be because there is no flight availability, or not enough seats left on the flights that were chosen?

Two possibilities spring to mind.

1) They’ve added a 2 day pause between the, now 1st December sailing and the one on the 6th, to go through the teething problems and adjust processes accordingly.

Or 2) They’ve arranged a promotional cruise for the travel trade.

In our experience, following a recent 'redeployment' on Celebrity, it means they have changed their minds about the existing cruises and are rearranging them into either longer or shorter cruises.

It looks as though the Dec 1st cruise is replacing the Dec 3rd one (a longer cruise, instead of the 3 day one).

Originally, I canceled my December 16 cruise when I found out they were opening up earlier sailings, even though changing would have been better for me and my DH. I had a feeling that something was going to happen, even before it did. Now, I am only booked on the TA in April, feeling good about cruising with our cruise buddies. However, I do understand how the OP feels, especially since it would be a great surprise, but with a higher opportunity cost. At least you have plenty of time to find something else...

In our experience, following a recent 'redeployment' on Celebrity, it means they have changed their minds about the existing cruises and are rearranging them into either longer or shorter cruises.

It looks as though the Dec 1st cruise is replacing the Dec 3rd one (a longer cruise, instead of the 3 day one).

The Dec 1st cruise is also a 3 night sailing.

Thing that is kinda digging in my crawl is I feel like (can't validate just feels like) Celebrity was selling cabins on the Dec 1st cruise well before they decided to notify Dec 3rd folks. When I went to look for a Infinite balcony yesterday, only guaranteed cabin available. Found that odd. Oh well, will definitely find a less expensive option :cool: It's their business and it's just that, a business. Still have yet to find a better value that we enjoy more!