Baked Alaska

beshears

It has been several years since I have had the baked Alaska for desert, which was very good. I thought I saw someone posting that they had started it up again??? Are they still marching around with the cakes, or just serving them?

Wonderful to read this. The reason I ask, on several of the cruises before, they had marched with the lighted candles in the cakes, but had not done it for quite some time. I had heard the reason they quit it was because the ship rocks, and if they fall caring the candles in the cakes, it might start a big fire. That is why I wondered if they were candles or lights?

Oh, I hope they do it on the Magic when we cruise the end of March. I have found on my many cruises, if there is something I like, and they take it away, I really miss it, and the baked Alaska was one of those things.:)

Sarah Palin has filed for an injunction to stop this practice, claiming it is demeaning to the residents of her state.

BS, Sarah Palin did not do this. Why would she spend money to stop serving Baked Alaska. Would she have to file injunctions to stop all of the Restaurants that serve Baked Alaska. You comment is absurd.

I was on the Conquest last Month and they did serve Baked Alaska- a lot of takers

BS, Sarah Palin did not do this. Why would she spend money to stop serving Baked Alaska. Would she have to file injunctions to stop all of the Restaurants that serve Baked Alaska. You comment is absurd.

I was on the Conquest last Month and they did serve Baked Alaska- a lot of takers

sarcasm doesn’t always come across on the internet!

Ah, I remember (on a different line) when the waiters would dance through the aisles with flaming desserts on their heads.

I too had it on a sister line. It was fun and sister's was much better. We did your tine dining in January on the Splendor. They just brought the cake too me. Disappointing. Glad I still had my melting cake stand-by.

• 5 months later...
Ah, I remember (on a different line) when the waiters would dance through the aisles with flaming desserts on their heads.

I remember that too! Our waiter that night got down and did push-ups while balancing it on his head. Talk about a dinner show!