Thank you for the tip about the laundry

Jareds_mommytoo

FYI the ships dryers are steam heated' date=' very hot.[/quote']

So...this has me thinking that some items should be marked “Hand to Dry”.

This leads to my question, are the items returned to the cabin on a hanger damp or are they not returned until they are dry?

We have used the ship's laundry a number of times on repositioning cruises (we are 4* or were in Neptune suites). We had several accidents (shrinkage and colors running) with the laundry on our first use of the ships laundry. Now any clothes we pack are first tested by being laundered at home and put in the dryer This means nothing delicate or cold wash is packed, unless we want to hand wash or dry clean. Some of the older ships have self service washing machines which are nice.

While we are discussing laundry....

Do the smaller ships that have a self serve laundry (Maasdam) offer the unlimited or bag laundry service? I prefer to have the ship do my laundry as opposed to doing my own. (I'm on vacation after all :D)

Yes, all HAL ships offer the unlimited or by the bag service.

That’s the ship we are going on for Easter.

Veendam is one of my favorite ships and the laundry service Dec 23017 was the best I have ever experienced in the HAL fleet. Laundry picked up by my Room Steward at 7:30 AM was returned by 3:00 PM the same day!!

Here is a link to my photo review of the Veendam from Dec 2017 to help you get acquainted with the ship:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/photo-reviews/ms-veendam-on-board/

IIRC the service level commitment is 48 hours. You were fortunate. Not everyone will receive their laundry back in the time frame you did.

I have used the ship's laundry service for my last 24 HAL cruises and the longest I have waited for laundry was 30 hours and that was only on one occasion. My norm is returned by 10:00 AM if turned in the night before and returned by 9:00 PM the same day if turned in by 8:00 AM.

So far, I have never had a lost article, never a damaged article, never a shrunken article that I had requested to be "wash warm and dry low," and even had $3 found in a pocket returned to the Front Desk.

we called here and they added it to our room 1-800-541-1576

Thank you for posting the phone number! I called my PCC a few weeks back and she told me I could not book the laundry package until we were on the ship. I thought that was odd since we have booked it pre-cruise in the past. Anyway, just got off the phone and have it booked for our 14 day Alaskan cruise this Summer. :)

Lisa

Thank you for posting the phone number! I called my PCC a few weeks back and she told me I could not book the laundry package until we were on the ship. I thought that was odd since we have booked it pre-cruise in the past. Anyway, just got off the phone and have it booked for our 14 day Alaskan cruise this Summer. :)

Lisa

We called the normal 1-800 and the agent there told us it was $7 per person, then we called this number and she said no it’s per cabin

Veendam is one of my favorite ships and the laundry service Dec 23017 was the best I have ever experienced in the HAL fleet. Laundry picked up by my Room Steward at 7:30 AM was returned by 3:00 PM the same day!!

I had the exact same experience on the Veendam as well last month. Same day turn around if I left it ready to go when I went for breakfast. Amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums