RC Complimentary Water in Cabin

CarolRoy

I just got an email for our upcoming cruise. We are both Emerald. Email states that there will be complimentary bottle of water in the stateroom when we arrive. Would it be two bottles for us as we are both Emerald. How large of a bottle and what brand would it be?

Carnival does this now. But the water was their filtered water from the ship. It was NOT good.

I just got an email for our upcoming cruise. We are both Emerald. Email states that there will be complimentary bottle of water in the stateroom when we arrive. Would it be two bottles for us as we are both Emerald. How large of a bottle and what brand would it be?

Carnival does this now. But the water was their filtered water from the ship. It was NOT good.

There will normally be at least two bottles, each 500ml. The brand is not predictable.

Plenty of water from your sink...same stuff that's in the bottles! Refill as needed!

You always reply with this same answer. Why? Our room steward told us NOT to drink the tap water, especially on the older ships. The pipes it flows thru are nasty. He said he buys bottled water when working on the ship as do his buddies. We always get water from Diamond Lounge or buy it if necessary after consuming the 4 bottles that are provided.

We drink filtered or bottled water at home so why would we drink tap water on a ship?

You always reply with this same answer. Why? Our room steward told us NOT to drink the tap water, especially on the older ships. The pipes it flows thru are nasty. He said he buys bottled water when working on the ship as do his buddies. We always get water from Diamond Lounge or buy it if necessary after consuming the 4 bottles that are provided.

We drink filtered or bottled water at home so why would we drink tap water on a ship?

Tap water on a ship is perfectly fine to consume but hey it’s your money if you want to pay for bottled water for no reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I saw A LOT of crew bringing on cases of water during our med cruise. If they don't drink it, I wont. Same reason people ask servers if they would eat at the restaurant they work at.

I drink the free tap water on ships. Never tasted any different to me. In fact, I can hardly stand bottled water that's "enhanced with minerals" that sounds very carcinogenic
Fresh water naturally has minerals. Water with the minerals removed, such as distilled water or water from reverse osmosis desalination systems, is drinkable but will taste "off" to most people. This purified water can also demineralize metal piping, so minerals are usually added. So the tap water on the ship is most likely "mineral enhanced". [emoji6]

Fresh water naturally has minerals. Water with the minerals removed, such as distilled water or water from reverse osmosis desalination systems, is drinkable but will taste "off" to most people. This purified water can also demineralize metal piping, so minerals are usually added. So the tap water on the ship is most likely "mineral enhanced". [emoji6]

plus the fact drinking distilled water can actually cause someone to be very sick or even cause death.

Where do you think all the water for your soda, coffee, ice, windjammer "juices" and slushy drinks is coming from. The same pipes as your bathroom.

I think the ship water is just as healthy as any municipal water, its gotta be tested and regulated obviously. I just didn't care for the taste, soda or in a drink to me is fine because the taste is masked by the syrups

I love the comments about the pipes, nasty water, etc.

Anyone think ship pipes are worse than the 50-100 + year old pipes in many places across America. How old are the pipes in NYC? Ever been to Rome?

The water on modem ships is not a health issue.

The complementary water provided by RCI isn't much. Leaves you with 2 suggestions. Buy a package where they leave a pack of Evian bottles in you room. Can't remember cost but you can check it on cruise planner. The other is to bring your own bottled water. We used to buy bottles of water at port stops and bring it on board.

plus the fact drinking distilled water can actually cause someone to be very sick or even cause death.

Ding ding, dumbest statement of the day.

Here's a list of pros and cons. (This means drinking it regularly, so doesnt really apply to a 1 week cruise)

Only real concern I see is if your fasting, can't see many people doing that on a cruise.

http://all-about-water-filters.com/benefits-and-dangers-of-drinking-distilled-water-regularly/

RCI: Really Consistently Inconsistent.

Sometimes I have just 2-3 bottles of complimentary water waiting for me in my cabin...sometimes I have 8 of them. :o

I would guess that is a case of the room steward having a clear understanding of the relationship between his level of service, and the amount of the tip at the end of the week. Capitalism at its truest form .... ;)

I would guess that is a case of the room steward having a clear understanding of the relationship between his level of service, and the amount of the tip at the end of the week. Capitalism at its truest form .... ;)

Actually it's not the cabin attendant that supplies those, but a different department in housekeeping that brings those goodies. You have probably seen the carts they bring around.

Sometimes they forget my wine, and sometimes they bring the wrong kind..etc. Cabin attendant then has to call that department when I ask him about it.

It's worth noting that there will be two different kinds of water in the cabin. One will be the complimentary water, and the other will be at a charge. There should be a tag around the one that you'll be charged for. On my last cruise, my roomie accidentally drank that one and it was about $7.00.

You always reply with this same answer. Why?Our room steward told us NOT to drink the tap water, especially on the older ships. The pipes it flows thru are nasty. He said he buys bottled water when working on the ship as do his buddies. We always get water from Diamond Lounge or buy it if necessary after consuming the 4 bottles that are provided.

I'm not buying that! Your room steward must have had family members bottling and selling water to the cruise line. So you never brushed your teeth with tap water, had a drink with ice in it, or ate any food cooked with water,took a shower or washed your hands. :rolleyes::confused:

Edited by davekathy

It's worth noting that there will be two different kinds of water in the cabin. One will be the complimentary water, and the other will be at a charge. There should be a tag around the one that you'll be charged for. On my last cruise, my roomie accidentally drank that one and it was about $7.00.

They no longer put the Evian water that you can purchase in the cabins anymore.