Voyager Class Ships

cruisent

Is Mariner of the Seas the exact same as Voyager of the Seas? Specifically in regard to cabins & balconies?

I ask because I booked aft balcony cabin 9692 on Mariner and while there's no videos of that specific cabin on Mariner that I can find online, there is a You Tube video showing cabin 9692 on Voyager and the balcony looks so deep and wide.

So is it safe to assume that what I see in the 9692 Voyager video will be the exact same on Mariner too?

I read a recent thread here on CC criticizing the lack of Mariner pictures/videos due to it being based in Asia for so long. Hopefully that will change after being in Florida for while.

No, Voyager is a first generation Voyager class ship and Mariner is a second generation Voyager class ship.

The first gen ships have balconies that are part of the hull. The second gen ships have balconies hung on the outside of the hull and they also have more more glass on the outside wall of the balcony and translucent panels on the sides of the balcony. These differences apply to side-facing balconies, not aft facing balconies.

No, Voyager is a first generation Voyager class ship and Mariner is a second generation Voyager class ship.

The first gen ships have balconies that are part of the hull. The second gen ships have balconies hung on the outside of the hull and they also have more more glass on the outside wall of the balcony and translucent panels on the sides of the balcony. These differences apply to side-facing balconies, not aft facing balconies.

What about length and width? Here is a still of that You Tube video of Voyager 9692. It has glass panels on both sides. This is an aft facing balcony, not one of the side afts:

hqdefault.jpg

What about length and width? Here is a still of that You Tube video of Voyager 9692. It has glass panels on both sides. This is an aft facing balcony, not one of the side afts:

Same hull length and width between the generations. The balconies on the second gen make the total width a few feet more because they are hung on the outside of the hull.

Same hull length and width between the generations. The balconies on the second gen make the total width a few feet more because they are hung on the outside of the hull.

Thank you. I'm breathing a sigh of relief now. I love how that balcony looks and a few feet wider makes it even better! :)

Thank you. I'm breathing a sigh of relief now. I love how that balcony looks and a few feet wider makes it even better! :)

Maybe I didn't say that correctly. The balconies on the outside of the ship increase the ship's width a few feet, but the balcony size is not much different between the generations. I believe the stateroom size is a bit larger in the second gen.

Maybe I didn't say that correctly. The balconies on the outside of the ship increase the ship's width a few feet, but the balcony size is not much different between the generations. I believe the stateroom size is a bit larger in the second gen.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Even if the balcony is more or less a carbon copy of the picture above, i'm completely satisfied because I booked solely for that balcony.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Even if the balcony is more or less a carbon copy of the picture above, i'm completely satisfied because I booked solely for that balcony.

The photo is an aft balcony, and those are not much different between the generations. Enjoy!

Here is a website that may be useful. I don't know how up to date it is in regards to the latest renovations. :)

https://voyager-class.com/

I saw thumbnails of 9692 on that website link, but it wouldn't let me full size it to view, but then I did some digging online and found the full sized pictures on a site called cruizer.com and what I saw made me very happy. Here they are to save others from digging for them like I had to.

Hopefully after she comes to Florida there will be much more cabin/balcony pics to find online without having to hunt for them.

U-Royal-Caribbean-Mariner-of-the-Seas-9692-4ef24539e7bd9.jpg.1fd4f9e7def0d71561de77dcfa0d7323.jpg

U-Royal-Caribbean-Mariner-of-the-Seas-9692-4ef24587c2183.thumb.jpg.c09517755f879515dcfdd087b24ac2d1.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Just a "heads up" (no pun intended).... this is what the balconies on deck 10 directly above see when looking down onto your balcony. Cabin 9692 is just on the other side of the glass partition from the patio table. So if privacy is a major concern for you, you may want to reconsider. If privacy not an issue, then no worries. Also note the "view" through the steel super structure of the ship... some have no issue with it at all. Personally I didn't enjoy it. The balcony itself is GINORMOUS!!! So if balcony size is super important for you becuase you spend a lot of time there reading/napping/etc then this is the best best choice for you. All depends on your preferences. Have a great cruise :D

P8202698_zpsc3haqt1i.jpg

Just a "heads up" (no pun intended).... this is what the balconies on deck 10 directly above see when looking down onto your balcony. Cabin 9692 is just on the other side of the glass partition from the patio table. So if privacy is a major concern for you, you may want to reconsider. If privacy not an issue, then no worries. Also note the "view" through the steel super structure of the ship... some have no issue with it at all. Personally I didn't enjoy it. The balcony itself is GINORMOUS!!! So if balcony size is super important for you becuase you spend a lot of time there reading/napping/etc then this is the best best choice for you. All depends on your preferences. Have a great cruise :D

P8202698_zpsc3haqt1i.jpg

Thanks so much for that perspective from the upper balcony. Yikes at the lack of privacy! I was under the assumption that deck 10 balcony was directly overhead providing shade and shelter from the rain.

It's not a make or break issue for me. If I have nosy neighbors above, i'll just give them a little wave. :p

Is Mariner of the Seas the exact same as Voyager of the Seas? Specifically in regard to cabins & balconies?

I ask because I booked aft balcony cabin 9692 on Mariner and while there's no videos of that specific cabin on Mariner that I can find online, there is a You Tube video showing cabin 9692 on Voyager and the balcony looks so deep and wide.

So is it safe to assume that what I see in the 9692 Voyager video will be the exact same on Mariner too?

I read a recent thread here on CC criticizing the lack of Mariner pictures/videos due to it being based in Asia for so long. Hopefully that will change after being in Florida for while.

The aft sections of Voyager and Mariner are identical. Except for decor, if we put you in 9692 on the Mariner and 9692 on the Voyager, you wouldn't know which was which. This is even more true for the balconies.

Forget the privacy issue. That photo was taken hanging over the railing. Most people don't do that. They sit on their balcony and mind their own business.

TAKE THAT CABIN! :D

The aft sections of Voyager and Mariner are identical. Except for decor, if we put you in 9692 on the Mariner and 9692 on the Voyager, you wouldn't know which was which. This is even more true for the balconies.

Forget the privacy issue. That photo was taken hanging over the railing. Most people don't do that. They sit on their balcony and mind their own business.

Carols' right... stick to the cabin if you want the space. During sail in or sailaway you will see others above and below you enjoying the view as the ship pulls away for example. Other times not so much.

By the way, only about half the cabin is not private... the other half is under cover so you're ok if raining.

Just mentioned privacy in case you're one who likes to go out on your balcony with little on for example :eek:

Thanks for the additional info. No way i'm letting that cabin go lol. I love everything about that balcony too much and will be spending lots of time out on it relaxing and enjoying the sea. :)

Carols' right... stick to the cabin if you want the space. During sail in or sailaway you will see others above and below you enjoying the view as the ship pulls away for example. Other times not so much.

By the way, only about half the cabin is not private... the other half is under cover so you're ok if raining.

Just mentioned privacy in case you're one who likes to go out on your balcony with little on for example :eek:

This is good to know and what I originally assumed. I like that if there's bad weather, I can still be able to go out there and enjoy it. When I booked this, I didn't even give a thought or care what the room looked like...it was all just for the balcony.

I almost booked 9390 next door in the corner, but the You Tube video showed a small triangle shaped balcony that looked cramped and uncomfortable....but when I saw what was right next door in that Voyager video, I leaped to book it! What a difference.

Which generation is the Navigator?

It's been 15 mins since this was posted..... is Bob in bed?!?! ;p;p

Navigator is 2nd generation... the balconies are on the "outside" of the hull of the ship.

Here's a couple of comparisons so you can see.

2nd generation (Navigator + Mariner)

DSC06945_zpsxnbjldlx.jpg

1st generation (Voyager, Explorer & Adventure.... note the balconies are "within" the steel hull structure of the ship)

DSC09348_zpskmopuqsx.jpg