Missed GSC Again

geegee1

Sorry to hear about that, this is an extended 9 days of the usual 7 day milky run, at least you got a full day in Miami yesterday ... used to be a regular stop then w Nassau being 1/2 day.

Seeing that ship has docked at Nassau, those clouds are pretty dark approaching sunset.

via Nexus 5X Oreo 8.0 w Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Wish NCL would construct a pier like Royal is doing to their private island Coco cay next door .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agreed!

Perhaps, competitive pressure will persuade NCL to do likewise, eventually....

Could be, that due to the geography, NCL would have a tougher time dredging a channel and constructing a suitable dock...not sure though....

Breakaway missed GSC today due to high winds. Kind of figured we would. Stinks though as it's my families fave port of this trip. But we got a full day and overnight in Nassau.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

What time did you get to Nassau? Normally they get in at 6 pm but there was a report a few weeks ago they got in mid-day.

Sorry to hear about that, this is an extended 9 days of the usual 7 day milky run, at least you got a full day in Miami yesterday ... used to be a regular stop then w Nassau being 1/2 day.

Seeing that ship has docked at Nassau, those clouds are pretty dark approaching sunset.

via Nexus 5X Oreo 8.0 w Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Was an absolutely gorgeous night and today seems to be another winner

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

The only thing worse than a port visit to Nassau is an overnight port visit to Nassau.

Ever since the lagoon area has been closed, I'd take Nassau any day. At least there are things to do, and a beach close by. GSC is just crowded mass of humanity, where you need to stand on line for 30 minutes to get food. I know....the flamers won't like that, but that's my opinion.

Wish NCL would construct a pier like Royal is doing to their private island Coco cay next door .

Agreed!

Perhaps, competitive pressure will persuade NCL to do likewise, eventually....

Could be, that due to the geography, NCL would have a tougher time dredging a channel and constructing a suitable dock...not sure though....

Not so simple, nor environmentally sound, to build a dock.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2343250

The only thing worse than a port visit to Nassau is an overnight port visit to Nassau.

There may be nothing worse for 364 days out of the year.

The exception is if the extra day in Nassau takes place on Boxing Day.

Then you can see the Junkanoo parade in the middle of the night.

This was my plight turned into a bonus.

Even in Norwegian did build a pier, Disney has one at their island Castaway Cay, and while docking is more likely with it, there are still several cases where the weather is too rough and they’re unable to dock, or too rough for the local vendors to make it over for the excursions on the island etc. It solves some problems, but not all. It might just cost too much compared to the problems it would solve.

We were able to go to GSC last Friday while on the Epic and couldn't have asked for a better day. However, so many who worked the island (lifeguards, servers etc.) told us how we lucked out big time. They said it was the first day in over 2 weeks with good weather. They told us they were having such issues with the wind.

We have another cruise booked that stops at GSC and HOPE we have another gorgeous day. That's the main reason we picked that itinerary! Fingers crossed!

We were able to go to GSC last Friday while on the Epic and couldn't have asked for a better day. However, so many who worked the island (lifeguards, servers etc.) told us how we lucked out big time. They said it was the first day in over 2 weeks with good weather. They told us they were having such issues with the wind.

We have another cruise booked that stops at GSC and HOPE we have another gorgeous day. That's the main reason we picked that itinerary! Fingers crossed!

Yikes! Will be there next Friday on the Epic so hopefully she is a good luck charm and we make it!!

Ever since the lagoon area has been closed, I'd take Nassau any day. At least there are things to do, and a beach close by. GSC is just crowded mass of humanity, where you need to stand on line for 30 minutes to get food. I know....the flamers won't like that, but that's my opinion.

To be fair that depends on the ship. OP is on BA so that might be the case - our trip on BA we missed GSC too.

We have made it there with the smaller ships twice and didn't have any waits for food. Compared to our first time there years ago they've added eating areas (well, they added pretty much everything as back in the day there wasn't much there other than an eating venue off to the right once the tenders would storm the beach and you'd walk off right onto the beach).

Yikes! Will be there next Friday on the Epic so hopefully she is a good luck charm and we make it!!

Us too and have never been as missed the Carnival Private Island so want to have this experience once. Let's hope for no wind next Friday!