Flight Ease

liketraveling

I just booked a cruise to Hawaii the other day in September. The Cruise starts in Seattle and Ends in Vancouver

When I signed on to my Account, I have options to book Airfare through HAL.

I was surprised that the prices are comparable to what I can do on my own with the exception of Southwest. (If I booked Southwest, I would buy the transfer from Vancouver to Seatac).

If you use the HAL Airfare, do you still get miles?

On Delta if I pay with my Skymiles CC, I get one free bag. When you pay for the airfare through HAL does you still get the free bag.

I am also going to ask the question on the Cruise Air Board.

Thanks

I have used it when I have to fly in the day of the cruise due to work obligations (I usually go 2 or 3 days early) that gives me the assurance that if the flight is delayed, HAL will get me to the next port. The prices have been the same as I could have booked myself

I used flight ease for my upcoming med cruise, in to venice, out of rome and it was about 500 dollars per person less with HAL. I like the assurance of their assistance if anything happens with flight in addition to the lesser fare. you have to weigh your options and if you want the HAL security if any issues arise...

When we booked our last two cruise we booked our flights thru flight-ease and we believe we got the fares at a fair lower rates than if we had done them ourselves. When we looked at several agencies for flights we could not find anything better. The flights we were doing needed to be where we flew to Sydney or this next time will be Rome and then fly home from a US city and they quite costly trying to book them ourselves.

I generally price out both ways to see which is the better bargain. For an upcoming cruise, since we have a considerable flight credit perk, FlightEase is going to beat anything I can do on my own by a large margin.

Sometimes FlightEase is cheaper, other times its not. All it costs to check both is a little bit of time. One thing I do like about FlightEase is that I can book the flights and not have to pay until final payment. That lets me continue to shop far longer than I would normally would for overseas flights.

If you book your flight with HAL, you don't have to pay in full until "Final Payment" day. If you book on your own, you pay the day you book and cross your fingers that you don't need to cancel.

I agree, the deferred payment until final cruise payment date is a huge advantage if you have to cancel. There is no lost money from cancelling a non-refundable ticket that you would purchase on your own. And no change fee if you decide to alter your flights.

The biggest advantage is the one-way and open-jaw international flights. I needed a one-way from Florida to Venice, but no return ticket was needed because the cruise was Trans-Atlantic and ended in FLL. The cheapest one-way I could get was $1800. My TA got a HAL Flight Ease fare of $388. She booked the flight 6 months out and I immediately received the British Airways record locator number, I could go onto BA's website and select my seats and register my American Airlines FF number for credit.

Do I have to call to use flight ease or is there some way to look at the flights myself? Spent half an hour trying to figure out how to do this after I log in. Is there a trick? Feel very silly asking this

1. Login. 2. My Account. 3. My Reservations. 4. Purchase. 5. Travel Planning. 6. Pre- and Post-Cruise Travel

Do I have to call to use flight ease or is there some way to look at the flights myself? Spent half an hour trying to figure out how to do this after I log in. Is there a trick? Feel very silly asking this

Were you able to get to the flightease page?

My Reservations —> View My Itinerary — > Travel Planning —> Pre and post Cruise Travel —> Flights

Sent from my iPad using Forums