Shopping in Grand Cayman or Cozumel

djhsolara

From what I can remember of our cruise to these two ports last year there is all kinds of shopping at both places. They both depend on tourists so lots of stores. We are not shoppers so we didn't buy anything.

Allan

Grand Cayman has more “high end” shopping than Cozumel which may be more appealing for those looking for specific, more upscale brands.

While both ports do have their share of cheap souvenir stores, it seems like Cozumel has considerably more of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can find good deals on high end watches in Grand Cayman. Also a favorite from there are those yummy Tortuga rum cakes. We leave space in our luggage every time we go to bring some back home. The little ones make great souvenirs to give away. :D

Cozumel is good for leather goods, alcohol and silver jewelry. We don’t buy much there but they still have some good stuff.

Happy Shopping!

Cozumel does have a lot more shopping then it had years ago and things like pottery are quite nice. I would not purchase silver.

We used to enjoy shopping at Grand Cayman years ago for things like Waterford and even china. Now we find the prices to be high of items sold and not very appealing to us.

Keith

There is hardly an item that can be bought in Caribbean ports that can't be bought cheaper in the U.S. particularly if you do some research on the internet.

Except for the watch that I’m currently wearing [emoji6]

Seriously, I had my eyes on a specific watch and I looked it up at local stores back home as well as online before going on our cruise. I did find it in Nassau for $500 less than the cheapest price I could find back home. And yes, it was from an authorized retailer and it came with a certificate of authenticity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums