Internet Package for 1 Device Question

Justprettynpink

Is the unlimited internet package on the Regal for 1 device for one login at a time or once you login in using a device you have the use the same device?

In other words...

Can I choose to use my cell phone or laptop with my login but can only be logged in on one device at a time?

Or if I login into the internet on the laptop first then I have to use the laptop to get the internet for the whole cruise?

Thanks for answering my silly question :)

Here’s what their webpage states:

Stay connected to family, friends and social media with today’s most advanced cruise ship Wi-Fi. Now it’s easy to share all your vacation fun and photos from anywhere on board. During your preview cruise, enjoy MedallionNet for:

• $9.99 per device (for a 24-hour period)
  • $29.99 for up to four devices on the same folio (for a 24-hour period)
  • FREE for our Platinum & Elite guests (one device per guest)

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/*****-preview-modules/medallion-net.html

When we were on the Regal in December 2017, we could only be logged in with one device (e.g. cell phone or iPad or laptop) at one time. If we tried to log onto the internet with a second device while still connected with another device we received a message that we were already connected with the one device and to disconnect that device in order to log on with the current device. This was not a major issue with us and was not difficult to deal with.

Here's my experience, just off the Diamond Princess.

- Onboard, each cabin occupant can create a login profile for the ship intranet network. (Note: This is NOT the internet) The ship-wide intranet network works very well, and has multiple features, including seeing your onboard portfolio charges, and creating a personalized activity calendar each day from the scheduled ship activities. (an online Patter) One cool thing is, you can send free text messages to each other and other cruisers through this intranet. Very useful for a family of 4, as long as each person is carrying a wi-fi device and is logged into their profile.

- Each cruiser can be logged in to their own profile, at the same time, and even with multiple devices. Several times on the cruise, I was logged into my profile simultaneously on my iPad and two iPhones.

- However, if you've purchased internet service, it is only available for THAT person that purchased it. And then that person can only use it on one device at a time. We were told that buying an internet package, anybody in the cabin could use it. That's technically true--for the others in my cabin to use the internet, they had to log out of their profile, log in with my profile, and then connect to the internet, which prohibited me and anyone else using my profile from using the internet. Of course, this also blocks the whole purpose of having a separate profile for each person, so you can text each other, and each person can have their own personal daily calendar. It would be better if an internet package purchase was automatically shared with each cabin occupant.

Heck, they way they make you share internet with the rest of your cabin, you could just as easily share it with anyone else on the cruise, just have them log in with your profile.