On the Eclipse - World Class Bar

chamima

We are currently on the second leg of a B2B on the Eclipse.

I know people often complain about the World Class Bar and the attitude of the bar tenders in there.

For anyone sailing on this ship in the near future - you're in for a real treat.

The two bartenders , Nikolai and Marius, are personable, funny and full of personality. They have just started this cruise and, while the two that just got off were nice enough, these two have added a whole new level of fun and personality to that area.

We love the World Class Bar, however on our last cruise we were disappointed. Cocktails tasted different each time you ordered, items were missing (raspberries, ginger etc) and the staff weren't great. We spent very little time there on our last cruise, having spent most of our drinking time there on our previous 2 cruises.

We are hoping for a better experience this time round in August.

This is good news. On our Eclipse cruise last year, the bartender was miserable. He never smiled and criticized my husband for ruining his Bacardi 8 by adding cola.

We stopped going there, and discovered the Martini Bar, where we had the best time, with the amazing bartenders from Bali.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We love the World Bar. We are sailing transatlantic on Eclipse this April and glad to hear about Nikolai and Marius.

We had Andre and Dennis on two separate cruises on the Silly last year and they were very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looks like Toni has moved on from World Class. Top man.

Is that Marius who worked in Ensemble? Another good guy.

I asked Marius and, yes, he used to work in Ensemble.

Have they changed or updated the drink menu lately? We found the drinks there a little boring compared to what they were offering at the Molecular Bar years ago. I still miss that bar! :)

Hi!!

No, they haven't updated the menu and the drinks are not as good as what we used to get in Molecular. But we have still been able to find things we like and the atmosphere is the same as it was.

Where are you guys sailing now? Have you moved on from Celebrity?

We are currently on the second leg of a B2B on the Eclipse.

I know people often complain about the World Class Bar and the attitude of the bar tenders in there.

For anyone sailing on this ship in the near future - you're in for a real treat.

The two bartenders , Nikolai and Marius, are personable, funny and full of personality. They have just started this cruise and, while the two that just got off were nice enough, these two have added a whole new level of fun and personality to that area.

That's great to hear! We are on the next Eclipse cruise so we'll definitely check out the WCB knowing the bar tenders add more to the experience.

I know it's off topic, but just curious if they are still having hot glass shows on your sailing? I have read multiple threads about it and some say Corning is still on Eclipse doing shows through April 1, while other posts say Corning is finished and the hot glass area is shut down to get ready for when the new company starts on April 1. I was really looking forward to the hot glass shows, so I'd hate to be sailing on one of the cruises who get neither company doing shows! Any updates would be much appreciated :)

Thanks for taking the time to post and I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Hi Karen,

Sandy and I would see Marius at the Captain's Club Elite Cocktail Hour in the Sky Lounge, and then when Michael, Kurt, Sandy and I were on our way to Blu, we would stop at The Ensemble. Michael and I would order Hendricks, tonic, and cucumber, and Marius would go out of his way to find cucumber for the two troublemakers at the bar, and always with a smile. Say hello from the two cucumber men.

George

As long as staff are not rude, I'm not too bothered about the personality of the bar staff.

When we were on the Eclipse last year we loved the World Class Bar - I love a decent whisky so the bar appeals to me more than the martini bar. If you told the staff what sort of whisky you enjoy they would mix something up for you. I love Talisker whisky - that and Balvenie Doublewood are often my go to "affordable" single malts. I tend to avoid Johnny Walker as I find their blends overated and poor value. They mixed me a fantastic Talisker cocktail that lost none of the flavour of the Talisker and still had a powerful punch. One night I had two before dinner and my head was spinning :D

Hi!!

No, they haven't updated the menu and the drinks are not as good as what we used to get in Molecular. But we have still been able to find things we like and the atmosphere is the same as it was.

Where are you guys sailing now? Have you moved on from Celebrity?

We took a break from cruising after our Reflection 2016 sailing because I got a new job and we were cruised out. We did two land trips to Europe instead.

We are coming back to X in July to Alaska. I have four other cruises booked as well (3 Caribbean and 1 Europe). We still do Aqua occasionally, but with Luminae we moved up to suites. We always talk about trying other lines but we are still pretty happy on X.

I wish we had the time to do a B2B like you!

As long as staff are not rude, I'm not too bothered about the personality of the bar staff.

When we were on the Eclipse last year we loved the World Class Bar - I love a decent whisky so the bar appeals to me more than the martini bar. If you told the staff what sort of whisky you enjoy they would mix something up for you. I love Talisker whisky - that and Balvenie Doublewood are often my go to "affordable" single malts. I tend to avoid Johnny Walker as I find their blends overated and poor value. They mixed me a fantastic Talisker cocktail that lost none of the flavour of the Talisker and still had a powerful punch. One night I had two before dinner and my head was spinning :D

We were on the Equinox for B2B cruises in Oct last year for a total of 21 days. The BTs in the WCB weren’t as friendly as most and were all business. They would not deviate from what was served on the menu. We went there every night for the Zacada Old Fashion or Kentucky Calling. TIps didn’t help or change their attitude.

On other ships some BTs would substitute or make a different drink within limits so it all depends.

Drink up 🍻🍺🍹🍷🍾

That's great to hear! We are on the next Eclipse cruise so we'll definitely check out the WCB knowing the bar tenders add more to the experience.

I know it's off topic, but just curious if they are still having hot glass shows on your sailing? I have read multiple threads about it and some say Corning is still on Eclipse doing shows through April 1, while other posts say Corning is finished and the hot glass area is shut down to get ready for when the new company starts on April 1. I was really looking forward to the hot glass shows, so I'd hate to be sailing on one of the cruises who get neither company doing shows! Any updates would be much appreciated :)

Thanks for taking the time to post and I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise!

The Corning Hot Glass team are on the Eclipse until April 1st and on the Solstice until June 1st. the show on the Equinox has already ended.

We took a break from cruising after our Reflection 2016 sailing because I got a new job and we were cruised out. We did two land trips to Europe instead.

We are coming back to X in July to Alaska. I have four other cruises booked as well (3 Caribbean and 1 Europe). We still do Aqua occasionally, but with Luminae we moved up to suites. We always talk about trying other lines but we are still pretty happy on X.

I wish we had the time to do a B2B like you!

When you're as old as we are you will also have the time to do longer cruises! :D;)

Hi Karen,

Sandy and I would see Marius at the Captain's Club Elite Cocktail Hour in the Sky Lounge, and then when Michael, Kurt, Sandy and I were on our way to Blu, we would stop at The Ensemble. Michael and I would order Hendricks, tonic, and cucumber, and Marius would go out of his way to find cucumber for the two troublemakers at the bar, and always with a smile. Say hello from the two cucumber men.

George

Will do!!!!

I'll let you know his response.

(And I'm sure he'll have one - he's pretty funny!)

Great photo of two of our favorite bartenders in January! Marius, in Ensemble, made sure my glass was never empty of my specially requested champagne. Hubby was always greeted with his usual Crown and splash of ginger. Nikolai made me a bourbon peach smash in Sky and made sure I had a special drink in several of the bars including Quasar. I’m so glad to see them working together. Our reviews called them out for their great service.

Great photo of two of our favorite bartenders in January! Marius, in Ensemble, made sure my glass was never empty of my specially requested champagne. Hubby was always greeted with his usual Crown and splash of ginger. Nikolai made me a bourbon peach smash in Sky and made sure I had a special drink in several of the bars including Quasar. I’m so glad to see them working together. Our reviews called them out for their great service.

We found Marius to be the same on our cruise. After the first day he said, "You don't need to show me your card anymore, I will remember you" and he did. When we walked in and took a seat at the bar, he would bring our "usual" without asking.

We too recognized his work on our comment card.

• 2 weeks later...