Liberty of the Seas interior/promenade state rooms

heathernm

Looking to have cost effective trip this time around and considering a “Interior/Promenade”. We usually do an Ocean View and I’m thinking the basic “Inside Interior” might be a little to closed in for me. Anyone stay in the Promenade rooms and could shed some light on the best local? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m an interior guy but I had a promenade view like 3 times n we loved. The reason we picked promenade was because the room r bigger n the extra light if you keep the curtains opens is a plus. Pick deck 8 so only people across you can really look inside your cabin never deck 6-7. Also deck 8 windows are bigger to look down. My parents sometimes get a balcony but not worth the money for me since I’m rarely in the stateroom but it’s nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Although it depends on the specific ship and date, I rarely see prices of promenade cabins that are enticing. They are usually quite a bump-up from interior, so you may as well get an oceanview.

Once you qualify for a balcony discount (it kicks in at Platinum), balconies become more attractive, too.

We were in a Promenade room on Allure and loved it. The room has an extra built in seat by the window and it was nice to sit there and people watch. The extra light was nice and we didn't feel enclosed. For us (but this was in 2016) the room was more on par with interior than ocean view and we would not hesitate to book one again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Looking to have cost effective trip this time around and considering a “Interior/Promenade”. We usually do an Ocean View and I’m thinking the basic “Inside Interior” might be a little to closed in for me. Anyone stay in the Promenade rooms and could shed some light on the best local? Thanks!

Most say that deck 7 is a good compromise between being too far from the events on the Promenade and being too low to see very far either way.

I’m an interior guy but I had a promenade view like 3 times n we loved. The reason we picked promenade was because the room r bigger n the extra light if you keep the curtains opens is a plus. Pick deck 8 so only people across you can really look inside your cabin never deck 6-7. Also deck 8 windows are bigger to look down. My parents sometimes get a balcony but not worth the money for me since I’m rarely in the stateroom but it’s nice.

That’s exactly my Husband’s stand point which is we are never in the room. Do you or anyone else find the Promenade rooms to be noisy? Is it possible to find a balance? Promenade/interior less noise location?

We had a PR cabin on LOS in Dec. We loved it. Deck 6 and yes we remembered to close the curtains. No noise at all but we were out and about on the ship when the noisy parades and events were going on.

The extra couch in front of the window was a plus and the cabin is a few feet larger than a standard interior cabin.

This is the 3rd time in a PR cabin, first on LOS and I would not hesitate to book it again.

while I have never stayed in them, I have toured them several times and I think they are great. very well laid out and the picture window/seat is awesome. bonus points if you can snag the Ben and Jerry Sweet.

while I have never stayed in them, I have toured them several times and I think they are great. very well laid out and the picture window/seat is awesome. bonus points if you can snag the Ben and Jerry Sweet.

We were really happy with our promenade room on the Liberty 2 years ago. We actually get connecting rooms for 2 adults and 2 kids. We rebooked onboard 2 years ago for a cruise next month and snagged the Ben and Jerry Sweet. Can't wait.

I honestly would not take an oceanview over promenade if they were the same price. We aren't in our room much at all. The oceanview would be nice in the morning to be able to look outside. That is probably the only time we are in our room during day light hours other than to change. I like to be able to look down at what is going on in the promenade.

Although it depends on the specific ship and date, I rarely see prices of promenade cabins that are enticing. They are usually quite a bump-up from interior, so you may as well get an oceanview.

Once you qualify for a balcony discount (it kicks in at Platinum), balconies become more attractive, too.

Thank you for putting that bug in my ear! [emoji16] Just got off the phone with CruCon and booked a Balcony after all! They offered prepaid gratuities and after everything was all said and done the price point would have been a $300 difference from a Promenade room which I cannot justify passing up! It’s a win win. Only negative is the “guaranteed” status which means anything can happen, but I’m going to roll the dice on this one. Coffee in the AM on the balcony here I come!!!!!!

Most say that deck 7 is a good compromise between being too far from the events on the Promenade and being too low to see very far either way.

I agree, we always stay on deck seven. You can see down to the promenade without having to look straight down.

We had a PR cabin on LOS in Dec. We loved it. Deck 6 and yes we remembered to close the curtains. No noise at all but we were out and about on the ship when the noisy parades and events were going on.

The extra couch in front of the window was a plus and the cabin is a few feet larger than a standard interior cabin.

This is the 3rd time in a PR cabin, first on LOS and I would not hesitate to book it again.

I personally havent stayed in a Promenade room, but close family has. The noisy is slight when the parades go on, those were I believe around 11pm. The glass on the window is thick and insulated so not much noise other that noise during events. I'd personally still pack earplugs or use a white noise app on my phone just in case.

Just off Liberty Ben and Jerry's interior promenade(deck 6) and was awesome. Converted my wife to an interior from balcony to allow us to add an extra cruise. No noise after 10 or 11 depending on events.

Also saw some of the 'new' interior cabins that were added on deck 3. Way nicer furniture than ours because it was newer more similar to what you would see on the Quantum class and newer Oasis classes but also could see the difference in size (and of course price)

Just off Liberty Ben and Jerry's interior promenade(deck 6) and was awesome. Converted my wife to an interior from balcony to allow us to add an extra cruise. No noise after 10 or 11 depending on events.

Also saw some of the 'new' interior cabins that were added on deck 3. Way nicer furniture than ours because it was newer more similar to what you would see on the Quantum class and newer Oasis classes but also could see the difference in size (and of course price)

Oh wow had the Ben n jerry room in the freedom and never again

The perks are nice and noise rarely bother me until I was on that stateroom. I even filmed a video, dorms slamming after 10pm-3am. I’m stopping. I find out below is on Ben n Jerry there is an access door for the employee- it was the cause of the noise late at night

Oh wow had the Ben n jerry room in the freedom and never again

The perks are nice and noise rarely bother me until I was on that stateroom. I even filmed a video, dorms slamming after 10pm-3am. I’m stopping. I find out below is on Ben n Jerry there is an access door for the employee- it was the cause of the noise late at night

Actually had the door squeak and slam for first 2 nights and finally said something to guest services after we were standing in B&J and heard/saw the door slam. Maintenance came and fixed the door-no noise no slam. Hydraulic was gone on the door. Our room steward was on us for not complaining earlier and the rest of the nights were super blissful and as I noted it opened my wife's eyes that we can cruise on a budget(and cruise more) by doing a room like this instead of a balcony or JS

We stayed in a Promenade room deck 6 on LOS in October 2017 and enjoyed it but not anxious to do it again. The DW is claustrophobic and I’ve never been able to get her into anything lesser than a balcony room but this came up as a deal too cheap to pass up. It would be impossible to get her in an interior with no windows.

She actually did fine with the window letting in plenty of light and it made the room look bigger.

I found it to be pretty cramped as two people could not pass one another between the bed and vanity without one having to step out of the way.

The window seat was nice to watch the goings on below, but it would have been nice if it was actually furniture instead of an upholstered board. About 10 minutes sitting on that board was enough.

Our cabin was over the General Store and noise was never a problem.

The constant light peeking in through the curtains messed me up the first night. I woke up in the middle of the night, saw the light and got up thinking it was morning. Then looked at the clock and it was 2:45 AM.