Breeze or Miracle

pmb526

Looking at two possible cruises for Thanksgiving- the Breeze out or Orlando for 7 days or the Miracle out of Tampa for 8 days.

The miracle is about $350 dollars less and gets 1 more day and 1 more port. The Breeze has all of the latest bells and whistles. We have 2 younger children (8 and 5) and they like the waterpark, slides, guys burgers, blue iguana, etc- some of the things that the Miracle seems to like. We have been on the Magic and loved it. We have never been on the Miracle or her sister ships.

The value seems much better on the Miracle but I am concerned about the age of the ship, condition and lack of upgrades.

Both ports are about the same distance for us and we have been to almost all of the ports on both itineraries.

I would like to hear everyone's thoughts as to what they would recommend and what people's experiences have been on the Miracle.

Looking at two possible cruises for Thanksgiving- the Breeze out or Orlando for 7 days or the Miracle out of Tampa for 8 days.

The miracle is about $350 dollars less and gets 1 more day and 1 more port. The Breeze has all of the latest bells and whistles. We have 2 younger children (8 and 5) and they like the waterpark, slides, guys burgers, blue iguana, etc- some of the things that the Miracle seems to like. We have been on the Magic and loved it. We have never been on the Miracle or her sister ships.

The value seems much better on the Miracle but I am concerned about the age of the ship, condition and lack of upgrades.

Both ports are about the same distance for us and we have been to almost all of the ports on both itineraries.

I would like to hear everyone's thoughts as to what they would recommend and what people's experiences have been on the Miracle.

I dont know if you are aware, but on the Carnival website, you can actually do a side by side comparison of the ships....to your point, the Breeze has much more as far as food options and the Waterworks Park for the kids. Breeze also has the Dive in Movies and Thrill Theatre where the Miracle doesnt....So you basically have on one hand "all the bells and whistles" and on the other hand you have "$350 cheaper and an additional day"....So, just my opinion, if it was just me and the wife, i would take the Miracle....if I had little ones, i would go for the bells and whistles so they would be entertained....just my 2 cents

Thank you. I had forgotten all about the side by side comparison on the Carnival web pages. That did indeed show the advantages of the Breeze in terms of "upgrades". The children perspective has me leaning towards the Breeze also. Still hard to leave a day longer cruise at a lower cost on the table- :):)but if as I expect the children may be much happier on the Breeze, it would definitely be worth the $ difference.

I would still like to hear from anyone that has taken younger children on both of these ships and their thoughts.

We don't sail with kids, so our outlook might be different, but,,,,an extra day/extra port, for $350 less,,,,we'd pick the Miracle! We'll be on the Miracle this coming week, and will review it, so maybe that will help you!:D

Thank you everyone for the answers. Kinda being stuck is what my initial thought is also as I think the kids are now "spoiled". :) I am definitely leaning towards the Breeze....

I look forward to the review of the Miracle.

Breeze is my favorite ship! I would love to sail her again, but am considering the Miracle for our next cruise. Of course, it would just be hubby and I on the Miracle as we'd leave the little one home this time. I agree with everyone else that the "bells and whistles" of the Breeze would be best for cruising with kids. It's hard to beat Waterworks, extra food options, Dive-in Theater, Thrill Theater (which we loved)...esp. if that's what they're used to!

Either way...ENJOY!

Been on both.... Liked both classes of ships. But Breeze was our favorite cruise out of 12 Carnival cruises. Kids will love the water park. Plus you have the outside promenade deck which circles the ship and has seating for food and drinks....also 2 hot tubs on each side of this deck

The Miracle is a mid-size ship that is one class above the Breeze.

This is one of the most spacious main stream ships (over 40 GT/passenger). And there is no chances for the Breeze to be upgraded to that point.

The Breeze on the contrary is one of the most congested mega ships.

I would choose the Breeze only if the itinerary is FAR better.

The only plus I see is the spa, that is superior on the Breeze.

Need to get your facts straight.....

The Spirit class began service 2001....Miracle in service 2004 88,500 Tons 2124 passengers. It is also a narrower ship.

The Dream class began service in 2009... Breeze in service 2012 130,000 tons 3690 passengers

Breeze offers much more and is newer...Additionally has a wonderful Waterpark which a family with children will love. Also people do not take into consideration the outside promenade area on the Breeze.... Wonderful area. Never crowded and several drinking and Alfresco options

Spirit class is not a better class than Dream Class....No where near

Edited by lcpagejr

We really enjoyed the Miracle, but keep in mind the waterslide doesn't really work. Both times we sailed on the Miracle, kids (and adults) needed to literally push themselves down the slide. So the Breeze wins in the watersports category, without a doubt. But having said that... an extra day of cruising would probably put me more towards the Miracle! I dunno. Tough decision. Either way in a "win", in my opinion. :cool:

Even though 8 days usually wins out over 7, newer always trumps an extra day, IMHO since I cruise for the ship these days, and it's usually the new larger ones afloat. Breeze was my favorite Carnival cruise out of the 17 I have taken and it's even better now that she got an Alchemy Bar added during her dry dock.