Six senior ladies will be visiting Cuba on RC in early December. I really do not like cruise line tours. Has anyone done a private tour? If so any recommendations and did you feel safe? I was not afraid in Turkey ect so I can't believe I would be nervous in Cuba.

• 1 month later...

We just got back from Cuba and did a private tour. We went with FerTours. Fernando is great and replies quickly via email. You have several options for the tour. We did the premium tour. We had an English speaking guide from 10am until midnight. We did a walking tour, a driving tour, lunch, canon firing, and show at the Parisien.

There will be lots of old convertibles driving around picking people up for tours. Beware most of the drivers do not speak English. Also in the square where you meet private guides there are several people trying to sell things that can be a little aggressive.

Buy water when you are getting off the boat. Do not drink the water in Cuba. There will be limited cell service and no internet. Very few places have air conditioning. Public restrooms will not have toilet paper and we even had one with no toilet seats so be prepared!

Hope this helps!

Six senior ladies will be visiting Cuba on RC in early December. I really do not like cruise line tours. Has anyone done a private tour? If so any recommendations and did you feel safe? I was not afraid in Turkey ect so I can't believe I would be nervous in Cuba.

I don't know if you have already sailed ... but OldCarTours.com was AMAZING. I sailed to Cuba May 2017. I was a solo female cruiser & passenger on their tours. I opted for the driver AND the english speaking guide. My first day/tour I arrived and there were 3 men in the front seat of the car (supposed to be 2 men) ... but they treated me like a princess. The 3rd guy was being trained as a guide. My 2nd day in Havana, again, a tour with OldCarTours.com and Yaser was my guide. He and I still keep in touch via email.