Cruise booked, Oman Visa and when/ where to get one!

We are booked on Authentic Arabia 1 in November this year. Does anyone know if the necessary Visa is obtained at the port in Oman and charged to your onboard account? If I contact Tui they pass me to the Visa Company for confirmation who in turn passes me back to Tui! Very frustrating not being able to get a straight answer!!

We cruised in the Middle East on Celebration Jan 2017 visiting Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Muscat Oman and Khasabi and no visas were required to be obtained by cruisers any needed were provided by Thomson but can't remember where I do remember having to take passports with us in most ports though

We are booked on Authentic Arabia 1 in November this year. Does anyone know if the necessary Visa is obtained at the port in Oman and charged to your onboard account? If I contact Tui they pass me to the Visa Company for confirmation who in turn passes me back to Tui! Very frustrating not being able to get a straight answer!!

We're on this cruise too :) - As Vitalsign says, TUI do all the visa's required - We take copies of our passport main page, don't wamt to risk losing passport, but have never needed them at any time - maybe the time we don't...............

In the past cruises (not TUI) charges are made to the onboard account which I believe was a group visa arranged by the ship. The cost was about £15pp but things change frequently and not all ships actually charge for it. TUI in our information haven't said they would be charging, then again they haven't said they would either :confused:

We cruised in the Middle East on Celebration Jan 2017 visiting Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Muscat Oman and Khasabi and no visas were required to be obtained by cruisers any needed were provided by Thomson but can't remember where I do remember having to take passports with us in most ports though

Thank you!

We're on this cruise too :) - As Vitalsign says, TUI do all the visa's required - We take copies of our passport main page, don't wamt to risk losing passport, but have never needed them at any time - maybe the time we don't...............

In the past cruises (not TUI) charges are made to the onboard account which I believe was a group visa arranged by the ship. The cost was about £15pp but things change frequently and not all ships actually charge for it. TUI in our information haven't said they would be charging, then again they haven't said they would either :confused:

It looks like an interesting itinerary, thank you, you wouldn't think it was so hard to get an answer from tui or visa company!

Apparently, if you visit Dubai first the stamp they give you covers Oman and if only there 1 day no visa is required. We go to Oman before Oman and over 3 days so visa is necessary. I can look forward to the cruise now and stop fretting over not getting on it due to lack of documentation!!

Apparently, if you visit Dubai first the stamp they give you covers Oman and if only there 1 day no visa is required. We go to Oman before Oman and over 3 days so visa is necessary. I can look forward to the cruise now and stop fretting over not getting on it due to lack of documentation!!

before Dubai even!!!

It looks like an interesting itinerary, thank you, you wouldn't think it was so hard to get an answer from tui or visa company!

Yes - a very interesting itinerary. We never tire of the Middle East and Asia but this one we visit 3 stops we have never been to before.

Fortunately our TA was on the ball and found out about visa's for us as they did for the majority of our cruises. We've found most cruise line information on them is like pulling teeth and desperately avoid taking responsibility by telling you anything yet they arrange for alot of the countries we visited. Considering they arrange for the staff anyway, you would expect them to be experts at it.

It will be our first time in the Middle East, looking forward to seeing and learning about the culture and history there.

We end up visiting the area on most cruises we have done with additional land holidays there - any excuse to get back there. Culture, food, people - right up our street - fascinating. Too many "must do's" that cruising barely scratches the surface. Now is a good time to visit - its starting to get expensive there now - payback for the massive investment they have made in recent years - hopefully the culture won't suffer too badly because of it.

The latest info is that a 10 day visa costing 5 rials will be issued on arrival in port - Muskat. I should think that will be charged to on board accounts (about £10). That info came from fb from someone who contacted the Omani embassy.

We were not charged for any visas whilst on our cruise on Celebration Jan 2017

I get the impression they have changed things twice in the past 12 months.

Earlier this year it was 20 rials (£40) and then they introduced a 10 day visa in May, 5 rials, possibly a backlash from the tourist boards, which is where it is currently.

India have just made changes, allowing more flexibility with their evisas, but have raised the cost from $75 US to $100US and its still a nightmare process.