Go Fundy Tour with Alexei in Saint John, NB

Amber14

We had the most perfect day in Saint John touring the Bay of Fundy with Alexei and Go Fundy Tours. Here's my review. Let me know if you have any questions.

We have taken many tours in the Caribbean and in New England/Canada but nothing compares to this one. Our tour of the Bay of Fundy with Go Fundy Tours was perfect and Alexei was by far the best tour guide we’ve ever had. He gave us an up close and personal experience using all of our senses so that we could really get a feel for the beauty of this amazing place. There were only 6 people in his van and we made so many stops. He knew exactly how to manage our time at each place so that we could see low & high tide and still get back to the ship with time to spare. To make it even better, Alexei took pictures the entire time so that we could just take everything in without having to look through a camera all day. We received all of his beautiful photos 20 minutes after the tour. I can’t begin to describe everything we did but here are some highlights of the best day of our cruise:

- Seeing the reversing falls at low tide & high tide

- Strolling to a beautiful lake to stretch our legs on the way to Bay of Fundy

- Walking a secret path to a lighthouse to experience the view of the Bay at low tide and again at high tide

- Experiencing the Caves from above on a path known only to locals with some incredible views of the beach and coves

- Eating wild blackberries along the path

- Stopping to drink from a mountain spring

- Eating blueberry and cranberry muffins on the Fundy Trail

- Walking a path to a beautiful waterfall on the Trail

- Touring the town of St. Martin, the shops, the view, the lighthouse, the covered bridges before any of the tour buses got there and seeing it again at high tide

- Walking along the road to experience the most amazing view of the Bay and taking a “top of the world” photo

- Being the only ones walking on a beach as the tide was coming in and seeing just how fast the water covers the rocks

- Eating the world famous chowder and lobster roll at the Caves

- Shopping at the Visitor Center and seeing a short film of the history of the Bay

- Plenty of maple candy and water in the van

There were many opportunities for walking for those who could but Alexei was very accommodating to a member of our group who wasn’t able to walk as much. The big tour buses are not able to go to many of the places we did. We were the only 6 people at most of the stops. It was the best day ever and I can’t wait to go back and stay longer. Alexei even offered to give us an itinerary to make the most of our stay. Thanks to Alexei’s amazing photos with us in the pictures we will always be able to remember our trip.

• Like 1

Totally agree! Our cruise was changed from Bermuda to Canada/New England because of Hurricane Florence and I was able to book this tour a week before. I have no idea how he was available, but we were so lucky he was. Amazing attention to detail and sweet little surprises made for an all around unforgettable day.

How long did his tour last?

It is advertised to be 6 1/2 hours but ours was longer - closer to 7 1/2. Alexei is great with time management and knows to get you back in time. The tour is probably longer on some days because of the low/high tide situation. Even the big tour buses try and catch the Reversing Falls at both tides. Reversing Falls is very close to the ship so that is the first and last stop.

• 2 weeks later...