New York to become a major port for DCL

moki'smommy

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2018/09/disney-cruise-line-extends-new-york-berthing-agreement-through-2022/

Just roughing out these numbers 200,000 guests per year, using 2500 as Magic/Wonder capacity would be 80 embarkations/disembarkations per year. My guess is that they get credit for a passenger who embarks from the port as well as for the same passenger when they disembark, meaning that they are promising about 40 cruises per year! That's almost once a week year round!

Better than another port in Florida, IMHO.

I’m hoping they will expand their Canadian/New England cruises to something other than Halifax and back. I know they have a longer one to Quebec. I’d like to see more of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't have any information. Right now there are at least 6 cruises involving NYC in *GT status, including one to from Quebec City. If these cruises were selling well, they shouldn't be hitting *GT status!

I don't have any information. Right now there are at least 6 cruises involving NYC in *GT status' date=' including one to from Quebec City. If these cruises were selling well, they shouldn't be hitting *GT status![/quote']

That’s what i have always thought bc I’m always seeing the Canadian cruises on sale under the special offers page. It’s odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Clarification on guaranteed passenger counts – While I have not been able to review the contract, ports typically count passengers when they board and debark. They use the term passengers when they mean passenger movements. The only time passengers are counted once if if the ship is visiting for the day (port of call) or in the case of a repositioning cruise where the cruise only ends at the port. In this case, 200k is more like 100k if it is indeed passenger movements.

Also, the reference to the berthing agreement has been removed from the Cruise Industry News article I used as a source. However, you can click here to see an archive of the original article.

Clarification on guaranteed passenger counts – While I have not been able to review the contract, ports typically count passengers when they board and debark. They use the term passengers when they mean passenger movements. The only time passengers are counted once if if the ship is visiting for the day (port of call) or in the case of a repositioning cruise where the cruise only ends at the port. In this case, 200k is more like 100k if it is indeed passenger movements.

Also, the reference to the berthing agreement has been removed from the Cruise Industry News article I used as a source. However, you can click here to see an archive of the original article.

The original source I used for this article was incorrect and the website redacted the information. I posted a correction to the article with more details and what the 200k number actually represents after reading the proposed usage agreement which has NOT been approved at this time.