A word of thanks

UtterCaro

Just wanted to offer my heartfelt thanks to the frequent flyers who hang out in this forum, freely dispensing their expertise, advice, and reassurance to "the Kettles" (infrequent flyers, including me, who sometimes find flights/airports/security procedures confusing, if not intimidating). You're performing a true service to the CC community, and I appreciate it. Just for you:

24o64w8.jpg

http://24o64w8.jpg

And you are VERY WELCOME.

Sometimes, the advice and insights may be harsh, but I think I can speak for a few others in saying that we would rather folks face the cold realities of air travel as early as possible in your planning process. What was that old ad slogan....the best surprise is no surprise.

I don't think that I can actually claim to be a frequent flyer - I don't fly at all for work, which is probably necessary to be a true frequent flyer - but I do like to try to give back to CC something from my personal experience and knowledge in return for all of the exceptionally useful information I have got out over the years.

On the subject of air travel, CC does sometimes have a bit of an air of a place in which the blind lead the blind. There will always be many people who aren't experienced flyers, and indeed some people who may never have travelled by air before. There's nothing wrong in that, and we're always happy to help with focused questions whose answers can't easily be found. Better than letting the urban myths and urban legends fester and spread, or have new untruths injected by people who've never been to the places or done the things asked about.

So your kind words are very much appreciated.

Like Globaliser, I don't travel for work so I'm not a true road (sky?) warrior, but I do travel far more than the average person. I try to use that experience and knowledge gained to help dispel some of the urban myths Globaliser speaks of and offer answers where I can, particularly for Delta since that's my most frequent airline of choice.

I definitely travel for a living and am probably the definition of a frequent flier (which is becoming less and less enjoyable over time), but I am NOT a very frequent poster on this board. But this board does have a great group of dedicated people who really do want everyone to know as much as they can about flying, because it can be confusing, stressful, and full of misinformation. It can sometimes be a harsh pill to swallow, and the info provided isn't always what the person wants to hear, but it's the truth, and I keep coming back to see the posts here despite having almost no cruise experience because I like to think that, even in my rare posts, I can help someone along the way. But I am in no way one of the "regulars" who deserves any thanks...I just think it's a good group here.

Another grateful reader here.

I visit this board a couple times a week at least - just to learn! I don't travel much now, but my hope is to do a lot of it in retirement, so I'm learning and will be ready!!!

Another grateful reader here.

I visit this board a couple times a week at least - just to learn! I don't travel much now, but my hope is to do a lot of it in retirement, so I'm learning and will be ready!!!

Good for you! The world is a big place with many great places to visit and I hope you enjoy doing so soon. Being informed is the best way to set your expectations so that you know what to expect and can thus enjoy the experience to the fullest!

I would also like to add my big THANK YOU. I usually travel twice a year internationally, always to new places because I am working on my bucket list. Since I am a solo senior lady my concerns relate to comfort and safety. The information I have received regarding flights, airline lounges and travel tips have been invaluable.

FlyerTalker gets my special thanks, without your help I may not have had the confidence to take on world travel alone.

I would also like to add my thanks to the posters here. I got valuable advice for my once in a lifetime 5 week trip to the South Pacific area flying in suites on Cathay and Singapore through Singapore and Hong Kong with stopovers in both and probably saved my upcoming trip in two weeks where I booked a tight connection in Madrid and on advice here rebooked and now have a 2 night stopover. I am fairly knowledgeable in travel but the ins and outs of air travel are beyond me. So thanks to all the free expert advice!