Bingo question

cruisin1982

I saw if your under 18 must be with a parent. So question is do you play for cash prizes or for fun. If it’s for cash what can you win and what does it cost to play

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The prizes are cash. A minor may not gamble (that's what playing for cash is), so, while a minor may play a card, an adult must claim the prize.

It does cost to play. Sorry, don't have the exact number.

On our last Disney Cruise (2015) they did a package option on the Bingo cards - you get so many cards that you mark off with a marker, and an electronic Bingo machine that automatically marks your squares on the pre-loaded cards. I can't remember exactly how many cards you receive, and I don't believe you can buy individual cards without buying the package deal first then adding on additional cards...so there's no way you can just buy a card for $10.

I do know that the prices go up as the Cruise progresses....The least expensive Bingo option on the first day they offered Bingo was $60 per pack (though a family can share the package - just split the cards and machine between all players). For the final day (Jackpot Bingo) the least expensive package was $80 per pack but they do actually give away a large cash prize on the final game - Blackout Bingo. The first one that covers their entire card wins the pot. On our cruise it was $2850....and it's really cash, not an OBC and not cash towards a future cruise.

Get there early - On our cruise, the venue did completely fill for each Bingo game and they turned away many that wanted to play. Definitely budget for this as it's a lot of fun.....more so if you win!

We usually spend $50 to $75 each session. We get one electronic bingo machine and a full paper set with 6 cards for each of the 4 games paid.

If you only play the final session, it could cost $75+. It sure is fun. One time the final session was held in the theater. DH won a regular bingo and he won $350. He is not a bingo player and he was sooo excited. Turns out when he went to guest services our bill was a little over the $350 winner so he did't get any cash to put in his pocket.

yes, it's very expensive..

when i took my mom and sister on a cruise on the dream, we played the last session...

they had really wanted to play, but the timing had never worked out, so we only made it that one time..

i remember paying for a machine and cards....whatever it was, it was expensive, but we had a lot of fun playing.

we didn't win a thing, but we enjoyed it...so it was definitely worth it..

$40 for 24 cards on the machine

$50 for 48 cards on the machine

$80 for the family pack - two machines and some paper cards (forgot how many)

If you're platinum, you get an extra sheet for the last (blackout) game.

I believe that for the final jackpot, the prices go up a little. Yesterday, a family in a meet group won just shy of $10k.

I was just on the Dream and the red bingo machines were not working, so they have to refund everyone’s money. What a bummer. That session was only played on paper cards and only raffles prizes were given out. No money. It was supposed to be the 10k jackpot game session. What difference does it make if you pay with cards or machines for the 10k? Is it fixed when you play with the machines? There would seem to be less of a chance to win 10k on just paper cards, so why didn’t they continue with the jackpot?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums