Southwest spring flights announced

chee7

If anyone is traveling on Southwest, they have just announced their flights through the first week in June 2019!! Bought my tickets today we are all set :cool::cool:.

Thanks for the heads up. I was waiting on this to buy my tickets from MCO to Philly but most nonstop flights are already very high or sold out..:(

Bill

Thanks for the heads up. I was waiting on this to buy my tickets from MCO to Philly but most nonstop flights are already very high or sold out..:(

Bill

They're not going to be sold out on the first day. Are you sure the cheapest fares just aren't avaialble? Meaning - can you absolutely not book a seat on the nonstop flight, or are they only in the higher fare classes?

Bill

Chicago to Ft. Lauderdale were also crazy but it is weekend before Easter and Easter Sunday. I'll get away flights or cheapest flights are blocked out. We were on website within 10 minutes of them opening.

Barbara

If anyone is traveling on Southwest, they have just announced their flights through the first week in June 2019!! Bought my tickets today we are all set :cool::cool:.

My nephew tried to book his ship is sailing from mia but he likes south west so fll works. However the rates for April spring break were very high. He booked American from lga to mia with same return. Got a cheaper deal, better time schedule and Miami actually works better. Check prices before you book! Great if you have a computer and iphone so you can do both at once

He lives between mc Arthur and lga or jfk

I always give people the website to check for the next set of dates. Everyone bookmark this link, and I store as an appointment in my phone’s calendar the NEXT date flights are open to book. November 15th is when the next set of dates opens up, as seen on this link:

https://www.southwest.com/html/travel-tools/index.html

They're not going to be sold out on the first day. Are you sure the cheapest fares just aren't avaialble? Meaning - can you absolutely not book a seat on the nonstop flight, or are they only in the higher fare classes?

These are the nonstop flights for my date of 4/13/18 coming home to Phl from mco:

6:45am - $140.pp

10:40am - $244 pp

5:30 pm -website says sold out across the board

8:30pm -website says sold out across the board

Bill

Prices are high because of the initial demand, wait a few weeks and you’ll see some price drops

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.

I got r/t tix to sju when they opened bookings for those dates for $122 pp each way.

I had to fly out of BWI for those prices but it's a small price to pay to say the amount of money we did on those tix.

I'll keep checking and maybe switch my dates to the week before.

Bill

Southwest has its own sticky for people to share this information.

Maybe those who fly other airlines should start a new thread on a daily basis titled “Delta Airlines opened flight info for 330 days from today”.

Each day, just put up a new post saying "Most airlines released their schedules for XX/XX/XXXX today!". Repeat the next day for the next day. And the next day for the next day.

These are the nonstop flights for my date of 4/13/18 coming home to Phl from mco:

6:45am - $140.pp

10:40am - $244 pp

5:30 pm -website says sold out across the board

8:30pm -website says sold out across the board

Bill

What's wrong with the $140pp flight? AA's lowest that day (nonstop) is $108, but it's basic economy. They also have $133 but it leaves a bit earlier, at 6:20. Otherwise the best is $307. Makes that $140 look pretty good if you ask me.

I need it go for 1 more day June 9th.

I don't want to book our flight out and not back but maybe I should.

If you know you're making the trip, there's no harm in it. Basically, if you know that you'll need to make the return trip no matter the price, you might as well lock in an outbound flight at a price that is decent to you. Or, you can bypass Southwest and just book on another airline as many others are already booking for all of June 2019 and beyond.

Prices are high because of the initial demand, wait a few weeks and you’ll see some price drops.

How long iare flight prices high to meet the initial demand? I have heard the best time to book flights is 6 months out, but if Southwest releases flight itineraries on a 180-day schedule instead of the industry standard 330, people can't book that far in advance.

How long iare flight prices high to meet the initial demand?
For as long as there is demand at the higher price. If enough customers are prepared to pay the higher price, then the airline has no reason to reduce its price just to suit other people who are not prepared to pay that price. If the airline can sell all of its inventory at the higher price, it will do so. But if it thinks that it will not do so, then at some stage it will reduce the price to make some sales to customers who have said "no" to the higher price but would say "yes" to the lower price.

I have heard the best time to book flights is 6 months out, but if Southwest releases flight itineraries on a 180-day schedule instead of the industry standard 330, people can't book that far in advance.
Anyone who says that there is a single "best time" to book flights is talking rubbish. Some people book more than 6 months out, and some people book less than 6 months out. For some flights, 6 months out will see the flight being offered at the lowest price it is ever offered at; for other flights, 6 months out will see the flight being offered at the highest price it is ever offered at. There is no rule, no easy short cut, no lazy way to a cheap fare. And if you think about it, in a market that is primarily driven by supply and demand, there cannot be any such rule because the instant that such a rule is known about, the airlines will react by putting up prices at the point at which everyone thinks they ought to buy

In any case, your premise isn't true. Southwest does not release flights for sale on a 180-day schedule. Just look at this thread: started on 27 September 2018, when you could book a flight on 8 June 2019.