Prices for May 24 celebrity in lat

jmspls72

Trying to determine what a good prices for flights leaving out of St. Louis on 23 May to Vancouver and leaving out of Anchorage on the 31st.

Be great if anyone could give me a ballpark figures on what they paid for their tickets flying out of the Midwest for this itinerary In late May

Thank you:halo:

Sorry to be the Grinch, but there is little relevance of what someone else paid for a ticket for travel this year to determine what you should pay for a 2019 ticket. Schedules are out for your time frame, so the true answer is: Start researching and keep track of what is happening for YOUR specific market and YOUR specific time frame. When you see a price that you are happy with, book it. And recognize that there is very real risk of risking prices by "waiting for a sale".

Late May is part of the travel season for both ANC and YVR. Don't expect bargains.

Sorry to be the Grinch, but there is little relevance of what someone else paid for a ticket for travel this year to determine what you should pay for a 2019 ticket. Schedules are out for your time frame, so the true answer is: Start researching and keep track of what is happening for YOUR specific market and YOUR specific time frame. When you see a price that you are happy with, book it. And recognize that there is very real risk of risking prices by "waiting for a sale".

Late May is part of the travel season for both ANC and YVR. Don't expect bargains.

Absolutely dead on target. Nicely put.

Trying to determine what a good prices for flights leaving out of St. Louis on 23 May to Vancouver and leaving out of Anchorage on the 31st.

Be great if anyone could give me a ballpark figures on what they paid for their tickets flying out of the Midwest for this itinerary In late May

Thank you:halo:

I am going to try to answer a slightly different question. How do I save money flying to Vancouver and Anchorage out of the Midwest?

Flying across the Canada/US boarder has an assortment of extra fees. (Usually going from Canada to the US is worse). There is an agriculture inspection fee, a 9/11 fee, an so on. They all get included in the far you pay.

It is sometimes (but not always) cheaper to fly into Seattle and then take the train or bus up to Vancouver. Personally I don't think you save all that much give you still have to pay for a train ticket, and extra ground transportation etc. However there are many that disagree with me on this one.

I would try to book the two tickets separately. That will make like a little easier. Alaska airlines is a good place to start your search. Look at them for both the flight to Vancouver and the one to Alaska. Delta is also a good option. American and United potentially.

For the flight to Vancouver, have a look at both Air Canada and WestJet in addition to the US airlines.

You will find Vancouver as a port very different than nearly any other in North America. The one exception would be Manhattan. The Port in Vancouver is in the downtown core and easily accessible by subway (called Skytrain from the airport). No shortage of hotels within walking distance of the terminal. There is also no shortage of things to see and do within walking distance of the terminal. If you have the time, you may want to search how the fares change adding an extra day or two.