Wine question

cruisin1982

Going to start our trip at Disney World for 2 days pre- cruise. Don’t feel safe putting wine in our luggage on our way to Disney World question is is there any place downtown Disney we can buy wine to carry on the cruise if not do they sell bottles that we can take to our cabin I know the liquor you buy on the ship you get it on the last night. I just don’t want to take a chance the wine being broke flying down

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Going to start our trip at Disney World for 2 days pre- cruise. Don’t feel safe putting wine in our luggage on our way to Disney World question is is there any place downtown Disney we can buy wine to carry on the cruise if not do they sell bottles that we can take to our cabin I know the liquor you buy on the ship you get it on the last night. I just don’t want to take a chance the wine being broke flying down

Yes, there are a couple of liquor stores (wine included) near Disney Springs. ABC Fine Wine & Spirits, and Gooding's Liquor Store.

Also, a couple of wine shops in World Showcase (France & Italy).

Yes, there are a couple of liquor stores (wine included) near Disney Springs. ABC Fine Wine & Spirits, and Gooding's Liquor Store.

Also, a couple of wine shops in World Showcase (France & Italy).

When you say near Disney Springs is it walking distance we won’t have a car

Disney Springs is a section of what was Downtown Disney--the bus will get you there. Don't want to pay Disney prices? There is a shopping center with a grocery and wine store across the street from the "Good Neighbor" hotels.

Where would that be we are staying on Disney property

There are two ways to get to the shopping center....you can take a bus to the Marketplace area of Downtown Disney, and from there walk down the row of "good neighbor" hotels (Hilton, Doubletree, etc). Cross the highway at the light at the end of the row and you are in the shopping center. There is a traffic light; crossing is no problem. Alternatively, you can take a bus from any of the parks to one of these hotels (they are NOT the Disney buses; just ask the transportation people where the stop is). Look at a map to determine which hotel is closest to the shopping center and hop over from there. I've walked it from Marketplace and it isn't bad....but it would feel like a long walk back if you are carrying much.

To get to Disney Springs, just take one of the Disney buses that goes there. There is no charge for the Disney buses..in case this is your first trip and you don't know how the transportation system works.

Another possibility, of course, would be to cancel your DCL transfers to the port and do a one way car rental. That way you could stop at a more reasonably priced liquor store on the way to the port!

Edited by moki'smommy

There are two ways to get to the shopping center....you can take a bus to the Marketplace area of Downtown Disney' date=' and from there walk down the row of "good neighbor" hotels (Hilton, Doubletree, etc). Cross the highway at the light at the end of the row and you are in the shopping center. There is a traffic light; crossing is no problem. Alternatively, you can take a bus from any of the parks to one of these hotels (they are NOT the Disney buses; just ask the transportation people where the stop is). Look at a map to determine which hotel is closest to the shopping center and hop over from there. I've walked it from Marketplace and it isn't bad....but it would feel like a long walk back if you are carrying much.

To get to Disney Springs, just take one of the Disney buses that goes there. There is no charge for the Disney buses..in case this is your first trip and you don't know how the transportation system works.

Another possibility, of course, would be to cancel your DCL transfers to the port and do a one way car rental. That way you could stop at a more reasonably priced liquor store on the way to the port![/quote']

Stupid question can you cancel a portion of port transfer and take the Disney back from the port. Is there any car rental companies on Disney properties

You purchase port transfers per "leg," so yes, you can cancel them from WDW to port but keep them from port to MCO after the cruise. In fact, we do this often because if you are on a participating airline you can use "on board airline check in" on the way home--put your luggage outside your door on the last night and see it again at your HOME airport, get your boarding passes in your cabin on the ship. It really makes the airport easy.

There are several car rental companies on and near Disney property. One company (Avis?) is located at the Swan/Dolphin complex. That's on property. Two other companies, Budget and Hertz, are in the Good Neighbor hotels just off property--one is in the Hilton, the other in the Doubleday. They have limited hour shuttles where they would pick you up at your hotel and take you to the car place. Still other companies are just a little farther off property, like Enterprise. Please verify that these companies are still in operation where I've said they are as well as the hours of the shuttle; they were there a couple years ago, but I haven't rented a car at WDW recently. Also, I used to get the car the night before as a rental is good for 24 hours; WDW hotels now charge for overnight parking at the resort unless your are a DVC member at a DVC resort, so you might want to pick it up in the morning to avoid the parking charge.

On the positive, all major car rental companies have drop off locations near the cruise terminals with complimentary shuttles back to the port. I know nothing about your cruising group, but one hint is for the driver to KEEP HIS/HER ID to get in and out of the terminal area. Drive to the port and drop off passengers and luggage, then return the car and shuttle back to the port. You may not have room to get a family of 4 + luggage onto the shuttle, but you can always get in one person with no luggage! It might save you needing to wait for the next shuttle run. Those dropped off can get in line and start the check in process; the driver can join them after the drop off. In the past, a CM has processed the check in for the absent driver, so they could bypass the line, have an ID photo done, and be thru the check in.