CPap Machine

gjkov

There has been discussion about electrical outlets and water for CPap machines....thanks everyone who contributed to that discussion, as that was very helpful!

But I’m wondering about carrying my DH’s machine onboard. We will bring as a carry on for our flights, but do those of you who use CPap recommend to also carry it by hand onboard? Or put a tag on it and let it go with the rest of our luggage onto the ship?

On this subject, are there available outlets for CPAP's or do we need to let Regent know that we need extension cords? For that matter can we just pack and extension cord? We will be on Mariner. Thanks.

It’s our first Regent cruise, so all I can say is our TA requested distilled water and asked about an extension cord. Regent rep said both water and extension cord would be there in our cabin. They said they preferred we use their extension cord.

But am wondering if there are the same kind of plugs on Mariner as Flossie posted a photo from the Explorer? If so, there is a US plug under the nightstand, which would be perfect.

It’s our first Regent cruise, so all I can say is our TA requested distilled water and asked about an extension cord. Regent rep said both water and extension cord would be there in our cabin. They said they preferred we use their extension cord.

But am wondering if there are the same kind of plugs on Mariner as Flossie posted a photo from the Explorer? If so, there is a US plug under the nightstand, which would be perfect.

Thanks gjkov. I'll let our TA know.

Thank you for reminding me about my DH’s CPAP machine & the required distilled water. I didn’t think to ask our TA about an extension cord or the distilled water on board the Mariner in May. Happy to know Regent can be so accommodating!

• 3 months later...

I know I’m 3 months late to this thread, but we had no problems on Mariner or Voyager in the past, getting Regent to supply distilled water for DH’s CPAP machine. I don’t remember the power extension, but if I recall it wasnt an issue. For our Explorer voyage next year, I’m happy to see that plugs are close to the night stands.

Good to hear, Nanook21. We are back from our fantastic May 23 cruise on the Mariner from Seward to Vancouver. The distilled water was waiting for us in our cabin, and my DH had no problem using his CPAP machine with the outlet next to the bed. The plugs were conveniently located throughout our beautiful Mariner cabin. We were very pleased with our first Regent cruise, and look forward to another some day!

On the Explorer we had plugs under the nightstands on both sides of the bed. Don’t remember having that before. And the nightstands were big enough to hold our Cpap machine. Other ships have a small side table that wasn’t big enough to hold the machine. While our distilled water wasn’t in our room on arrival, the room steward had no problem retrieving within several hours of boarding. Awesome!

This not directly related but my wonderful wife was diagnosed with sleep apnea (mild) last year .

She tried the CPAP machine approach but did not work for her. So we went with a dental appliance ( medicare approved ) that moves her lower jaw forward 3-4 mm during the night.Nothing to plug in, no water etc.! This has solved the problem for her. So not for everyone but worth looking into.

This not directly related but my wonderful wife was diagnosed with sleep apnea (mild) last year .

She tried the CPAP machine approach but did not work for her. So we went with a dental appliance ( medicare approved ) that moves her lower jaw forward 3-4 mm during the night.Nothing to plug in, no water etc.! This has solved the problem for her. So not for everyone but worth looking into.

My husband has one of these dental appliances and it works very well. He’s so happy that he doesn’t have to deal with the CPAP. It’s a lot easier for traveling.

I’m going to look into that. Traveling with that case is a big pain, my DH has to use one. I also was just advised I should be tested, so I just cannot imagine having to travel overseas with 2 of them! And I do NOT want to wear that terrible head gear that DH has to put up with, so Ive put off being tested. You’d think they could come up with a more streamlined system for this disability.

There has been discussion about electrical outlets and water for CPap machines....thanks everyone who contributed to that discussion, as that was very helpful!

But I’m wondering about carrying my DH’s machine onboard. We will bring as a carry on for our flights, but do those of you who use CPap recommend to also carry it by hand onboard? Or put a tag on it and let it go with the rest of our luggage onto the ship?

Of course you can carry it on board, just as you can add it as an extra carryon on airlines. It’s a medical device. No problems at all. I don’t recommend tagging it, keep it with you.

Edited by nanook21
Clarification