Pier One Sydney Harbour

TracyCCRN

Checking out hotels for our one night post cruise. The pics online look great but would like some input from someone that has actually stayed there. We already have our pre cruise hotel booked, and we just want to stay someplace different.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Checking out hotels for our one night post cruise. The pics online look great but would like some input from someone that has actually stayed there. We already have our pre cruise hotel booked, and we just want to stay someplace different.

You have chosen well with Pier One with its unique historic waterfront location on Sydney Harbour.

The hotel is close to State theatres and restaurants, as well as a walk along the waterfront under the Harbour Bridge to Circular Quay, the Rocks and the Opera House.

Thank you for your input! That’s what we were hoping. The views in the pictures look amazing! We found it for $239US which is cheaper than what we are paying pre cruise at the Shangri-La. we aren’t worried about the views from the room. We don’t plan on spending much time there. But to be able to walk around outside and take some photos is what we are looking for.

Thank you for your input! That’s what we were hoping. The views in the pictures look amazing! We found it for $239US which is cheaper than what we are paying pre cruise at the Shangri-La. we aren’t worried about the views from the room. We don’t plan on spending much time there. But to be able to walk around outside and take some photos is what we are looking for.

If I could snag it for $239 I’d be all over it. Also look at Park Hyatt, seems some Americans get great deal there too.

If I could snag it for $239 I’d be all over it. Also look at Park Hyatt, seems some Americans get great deal there too.

That is $322.40Aus.

I love that hotel for its unique history and location on one of the wharves saved from destruction. With cookie cutter hotels all over the world, Pier One on the Harbour can only be in Sydney.

That is $322.40Aus.

I love that hotel for its unique history and location on one of the wharves saved from destruction. With cookie cutter hotels all over the world, Pier One on the Harbour can only be in Sydney.

Maybe my timing has always been wrong but never been able to find it anywhere near that low price.

Maybe my timing has always been wrong but never been able to find it anywhere near that low price.

Agree. It is a good price. Recently I couldn't find any accommodation near Circular Quay under $300 on a Saturday night.

These type of hotels are only affordable to Aussies, when they are on special. From memory, specials used to be offered in January, when all the business people were away on holidays.

Now there are other factors involved, such as whether big ships are in port.

Can't be sure here, but just like cruises, most US hotel pricing excludes "taxes" at a minimum, and sometimes other fees are also added on.

I'd say there's a good chance that the all in price is greater than US239.