One Black card member in cabin. Do benefits apply to the spouse/significant other?

FireEMT978

Hey there,

I've tried to do searches for my answers. But, can't find them.

Here is our scenario:

I was "Status matched" to "Black level"

My significant other, and myself are on the October 13th sailing on the Seaside.

I'm wondering if she is "Excluded" from any of the perks that my "Black card" will provide for me?

Priority boarding at embarkation, disembarkation, Courtesy towelling bathrobe and slippers available during the cruise, MSC Voyagers Club exclusive Black Card Party, etc...

Greatly appreciate any insight. I would be very upset, if these did not include her also.:confused:

Hey there,

I've tried to do searches for my answers. But, can't find them.

Here is our scenario:

I was "Status matched" to "Black level"

My significant other, and myself are on the October 13th sailing on the Seaside.

I'm wondering if she is "Excluded" from any of the perks that my "Black card" will provide for me?

Priority boarding at embarkation, disembarkation, Courtesy towelling bathrobe and slippers available during the cruise, MSC Voyagers Club exclusive Black Card Party, etc...

Greatly appreciate any insight. I would be very upset, if these did not include her also.:confused:

Your significant other will not be 'excluded' - in fact, for most benefits there only needs to be one Black Card member in the cabin for both to enjoy.

The 'benefits' that only the Black Card holder will get that the non-holder won't are the one hour access to the thermal suite, the 'gift' (usually a tote bag or a cap) and a chocolate ship.

You will receive one complimentary meal for 2 in a Speciality Restaurant (which would be the case even if both were at Black), a bottle of bubbly with choc-dipped strawberries, there will be 2 towelling robes & slippers provided in the cabin (if there aren't, just speak to your cabin steward - they don't just provide only one, ever), you will both get priority embarkation as you're travelling together (there is no priority disembarkation for Black Card holders. However, you can avail of late check-out from your cabin of 2 hours from docking time - just inform Guest Services/cabin steward if you want to avail of this. Priority disembarkation is allocated to those who need it - early flights, for example). Your OH will also be allowed attend the Black Card event.

Have I left anything out? :confused:

Dave ... I read that in one of the latest reviews. Apparently there were 2 priority lines - one for Black and one for Aurea (I've never experienced that - I've only ever seen the one lane for both; maybe it's the way things are done in Miami?). It seems that, because they were all in Aurea, they were directed to that particular line. From my experience, the crew don't always know the exact situation with these things; if I were in that position (and the Black Card queue was shorter) I probably would have insisted on using the lane for Black (though not if I were with a group). I travelled with DH and my parents when I was the only one with a Black Card and we were allowed to use the priority boarding lane as we were travelling together on the same booking.

My parents are black card, we booked two cabins. We were able to board early with them and also attend the black card event just not to take a chocolate ship, which honestly one was more than enough for all four of us... And we had two. We couldn't use their specialty dining benefits, at that time they both received dinner for two.

Your significant other will not be 'excluded' - in fact, for most benefits there only needs to be one Black Card member in the cabin for both to enjoy.

The 'benefits' that only the Black Card holder will get that the non-holder won't are the one hour access to the thermal suite, the 'gift' (usually a tote bag or a cap) and a chocolate ship.

You will receive one complimentary meal for 2 in a Speciality Restaurant (which would be the case even if both were at Black), a bottle of bubbly with choc-dipped strawberries, there will be 2 towelling robes & slippers provided in the cabin (if there aren't, just speak to your cabin steward - they don't just provide only one, ever), you will both get priority embarkation as you're travelling together (there is no priority disembarkation for Black Card holders. However, you can avail of late check-out from your cabin of 2 hours from docking time - just inform Guest Services/cabin steward if you want to avail of this. Priority disembarkation is allocated to those who need it - early flights, for example). Your OH will also be allowed attend the Black Card event.

Have I left anything out? :confused:

Dave ... I read that in one of the latest reviews. Apparently there were 2 priority lines - one for Black and one for Aurea (I've never experienced that - I've only ever seen the one lane for both; maybe it's the way things are done in Miami?). It seems that, because they were all in Aurea, they were directed to that particular line. From my experience, the crew don't always know the exact situation with these things; if I were in that position (and the Black Card queue was shorter) I probably would have insisted on using the lane for Black (though not if I were with a group). I travelled with DH and my parents when I was the only one with a Black Card and we were allowed to use the priority boarding lane as we were travelling together on the same booking.

Bea,

Thank you very much.

You answered my questions, thoroughly,

It is greatly appreciated. I had read of an instance, where someones SO was supposedly not allowed to join him. So, I was concerned.

Have a great day.

Bea,

Thank you very much.

You answered my questions, thoroughly,

It is greatly appreciated. I had read of an instance, where someones SO was supposedly not allowed to join him. So, I was concerned.

Have a great day.

Glad to have been of help! :) Hope you have a fantastic cruise.

GB ... here's exactly what was said:

The only odd part during Embarkation was that my husband who has a Black card would have been the only one checked through expressly since the kids and I were only Silver level. It felt weird that they would separate us that way, but perhaps it was to help with traffic flow. He chose to stay with us and check in through the Aurea line.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=56793795#post56793795

I reckon it may have just been an assumption on their part? :confused: