Quantum of the Seas - Solo traveller

Floridaholic

Hi All

I am on QOTS as a solo traveller and just wondered if anyone knows if they actually have a programme for solos such as meet ups etc. I have cruised on other lines who have great programmes for solos but can't find anything relating to Royal Caribbean ships.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Regards

Floridaholic

• 2 weeks later...

RCCL usually do a lunch time get together for solos too, on most sea days. Look for it in the compass. In my experience it's normally around noon. They usually send a entertainment staff member to be at the meeting point and walk the group down to the main dining room to ensure that the host can arrange a suitable table, but the staff member will then leave. However, I've had very mixed results with the turnout to these events, sometimes it can be a good sized group, sometimes no one. I've developed the habit of going to hang around the area (usually a lounge - it was the entrance to 270 on the Ovation) and watch to see if it looks like anyone else is lurking waiting for other solos to arrive!

As well, in the Compass they will often list a solo get together around cocktail time (7:00 - 7:30 pm) in one of the bars, but in my experience this is often not "hosted" in any form by the cruise staff (maybe on the first day, but not after that), so it can be difficult to identify who is attempting to attend the meetup and who is just hanging out at the bar!

Bottom line check the Compass and if in doubt ask one of the entertainment cruise staff.