Silver Muse breakfast and lunch if raining?

worldtraveller99

We are planning an Alaska trip on the Silver Muse. I understand that all restaurants are open in the evening.

But if it is cold and wet, then the Grill and Spaccanapoli will be too open air?

So for breakfast and lunch is only La Terrazza open? - Apart from room service - how prompt is that? Do you have to order the night before?

Also does Silver Note's dinner & entertainment only start late, or at what time please?

Thank you if you can help, these timings don't seem to be on the Silversea website?

Atlantide is open for breakfast and lunch - I really enjoy lunch there, almost more than dinner.

The pool grill is more usable in a wide range of weathers now that there are heaters and screens along the side area; there are heaters above Spaccanapoli but it is more exposed - it is undercover so it is usable unless the weather is truly awful. The Arts Cafe serves light food, coffee and drinks 6.30am - 11pm, and if you're into asian food, Seishin serves sushi type stuff noon - 2.30pm.

I hope someone else can help with the rest, I never use room service or go to Silver Note.

According to today's Chronicles:

Atlantide breakfast 8am - last seating 9.30am, lunch noon - last seating 1.30pm

Spaccanapoli 11.30am - 11pm

La Terrazza breakfast 7.30am - last seating 10am, lunch noon - last seating 2pm

The Grill lunch noon - last seating 3.30pm

Silver note starts at 8pm with last seating at 11pm

(I'm on the Spirit just now but it's the same on the Muse)

And BTW, isn't this what is great about Cruise Critic? Even if all this info were to be on the website, I prefer to get it from cruisers who've actually been there!

Edited by jollyjones

We are planning an Alaska trip on the Silver Muse. I understand that all restaurants are open in the evening. But if it is cold and wet, then the Grill and Spaccanapoli will be too open air?

Great question, comments and helpful follow-ups. We also are preparing for late July 2019 to do an Alaska adventure from Vancouver to Steward on the Silver Muse. Yes, it will be cooler during parts of this sailing. But, we will only be doing a seven-day sailing with a fairly busy schedule of ports, sights, etc. It should all work out well. Looking forward to riding on this new SS ship. Keep sharing these interesting details, tips, ideas, background, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Did June 2017 sailing from Portugal to France along the scenic Atlantic Coast, plus great pre- and post-cruise experiences. Now at 25,189 views. Many interesting pictures and details on history, food, culture, etc., from my live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

May I also ask - is there afternoon tea, where and when (on sea days)?

I am assuming we would stay ashore at lunchtime on port days? Do the excursions extend over lunchtime?

Tea, on the Muse, is provided in the Arts Cafe at the request of the passenger. It is no longer a daily afternoon occurrence as it was on the classic ships of the past.

As far as excursions, some do extend over lunch time, but many are held in the morning or afternoon only in order to allow passengers time to enjoy lunch.

• 2 weeks later...

Room service is very prompt as your butler brings it right on time. They do a full set up in the room, similar to room service at Four Seasons. They had great breakfast offerings. We loved having room service and then having our coffee on the veranda.

Silver note dinners are available at the usual early (7pm) Regular (8pm) Late (9pm) but you have to book it right away online to get your choice. Once onboard talk with your butler or the Maitre D to get a table. It is a very small venue. We decided to go again once onboard and we got a reservation for 6:30?!? The menu in Silver Note was very good. I liked it better than La Dame.

Many people also just come in and sit at the bar to enjoy the music and ambiance.

Hope this helps.