Silver Wind makeover

rosepark

We haven't even taken our first Silversea cruise yet, but for the past few weeks we have constantly been bombarded by advertisements from Silversea showing penguins. Having just come back from a Regent Alaska cruise, I have no desire to take another cold weather cruise. Our first Silversea cruise will be the Amazon in November so their marketing people aren't looking at what their future customers are looking for. I was hoping Silversea would be a good small ship upscale cruise line, and then Royal Carribean took control. It will probably be our first and last cruise.

Dear RP,

Cleary you have misunderstood my post.

In the advanced email I received on Friday September 14, the Wind cruise from Ushuaia in Feb 2021, was listed as you say.

However by the time the printed copy was received the following morning, the "phantom" cruise had disappeared. When queried with a senior member at SS, they said they knew nothing about this cruise.

To throw in another "perhaps", I wonder if this in fact was a Freudian slip. In other words, is this what will happen, but for various reasons, they do not want to say anything now?!

Kindest regards

Master Echo

As I am - at least I think many of us are, aficionados of the Wind, all posters are getting more and more gloomy and despondent about the future, with suggestions that we may well get RCI's cast offs.

I would like to add a more positive note and remind everyone that Celebrity and Azamara both operate as autonomous brands, despite being owned by RCI. Likewise Carnival allows their brands to operate as separate entities. Why should we think that Silversea will be any different?

Let's all think on the bright side, it was obvious that Manfredi could not continue with his planned expansion of new ships on his own, and that RCI's input may allow the chance to upgrade the existing fleet to become 6* and match the increasing amount of competition.

Here's to a more positive future!!:D(yn)

Kindest regards

Master Echo

15 Feb 21 21 USHUAIA > Day at sea > New Island > West Point Island > Port Stanley > Day at sea > South Georgia > 3 Days at sea > Gough

Island > Tristan Da Cunha > Nightingale Island > 4 Days at sea > Cape Town > CAPE Town.

This cruise does not require an expedition ship. All these destinations are well north of the Antarctic and seems like a nice cruise across the south Atlantic. As far as I am concerned the Wind is only going in for good old tidy up.

The 2020 Whisper world cruise is scheduled to visit the Antarctic peninsula during the Buenos Aires to Valparaiso section. I know that the Whisper is not an expedition ship and think she is not scheduled to become one but will still go to the Antarctic.

Unless of course I have completely missed the point.

And for the next installment in the ongoing series "Unsubstantiated Rumours I have heard" -

I had dinner last night here on the Spirit with the Guest Relations Manager, he said that RCL has given permission for six new ships.

He doesn't know for sure but believes that there will be four more 'Muses' after the Moon and the Dawn, and that the Wind will be Cloudified because it is uneconomic as it is.

So, more grist for the rumour mill ...