Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Greetings Coolers!

J...Ha Ha with the "Canada ....Dry"! :) Enjoy your day and safe travels home!

DW...that fire looks so lovely and mesmerizing! I so enjoy watching the fire dance!

In honour of the approach of autumn .........Every season in Canada has its unique beauty. Autumn is particularly spectacular. Photo by Lara.

41948603_1879387042108318_674904963255631872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&oh=ad7103db7a78ed12967e31e4442e72d4&oe=5C1811B2

And for today's funny.....I'm ready.......

42088796_1880536648660024_3416157944322981888_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&oh=cde4323a2697c5b10f211cd7b0617033&oe=5C2D942D

Have a great day all!

Good Afternoon All \.

Lovely almost Monet M and that fire is glorious Dave.

Last day is normally a total writeoff but we took a wander around Stadtpark which is just across the road from the IC in the glorious sun ...

ff07125d3fca2d8fe4f46b0ed2a4a6ee.jpg

d160f91792fb21d12616729dd81c21b1.jpg

50680f1600672adc62a899fa2e93b5d5.jpg

Then took a final tram ride around the ringstrasse ...

5d339a182199f7454af99128c964386d.jpg

3e481e21b9f1ec09ea40f94664a45a24.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like your having a great time Jeff.

Miss S, I’m sorry the Imp wasn’t up to scratch. How was the Osbourne?

Glad you had a great time though. Venue Cymru are appalling. Apart from a few (over)paid staff that are rarely there, they run the place on volunteers that are happy to work in exchange for a meal and watching a show. I’ve had issues there before now at times. Anyway i’ve Heard our Jane was on top form. I’m not jealous at all. ��

M, how was the Schnitzel?

DW....we didn’t get to the Osbourn as the weather was so bad so we opted for a late lunch at The Imp...🤨

Jane was on top form and her usual lovely self......there were quite a few return tickets but you have to be there on an in case of so a bit of a pain!

The volunteers seem to grow in number every year and need more training as they just add to the chaos!

Anyway....heads up for you, Jane is on there on June 9th next year so keep an eye open for tickets sales...usually early October.

S😊

Greetings Coolers!

No funny today! We are sheltering with our daughter about 2.5 hours from home. Two tornadoes hit our area. One hit about 4 km north of us. No power and probably not for several days. Main transformer severely damaged. Hope to be home on Monday...all digits crossed!

Sorry to hear of your close call and subsequent loss of power, Mysty. We're following along the news reports, and it looks like you're indeed fortunate to have your daughter relatively close by to provide shelter until the power is restored in your area. Partial power restored this morning, but still a lot of people affected. There are some pretty harrowing stories, and news of some people in critical condition in hospital. A miracle no one was killed. Truly makes one thankful for small mercies.

Lovely pictures on your cruise, spins. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks All for your well wishes! We are home now. We were so very, very lucky and are so very, very thankful! Daughter gave us shelter and food and access to power and her kids provided the entertainment. We have still not caught up with the news coverage and we are almost afraid to see the damage!

Safe travels to all ending their adventure tomorrow!

The cooler is in a bit of a deep freeze I think. Is everybody traveling, or recovering from traveling? Mysty, I hope all continues to be OK up in the wilds north of Ottawa.

We managed to get through last Thursday and Friday at work OK, then we rested up over the weekend. Did a ton of laundry, cleaned the aquarium, did some other stuff around the house, but didn't work ourselves too hard and managed to get a good amount of sleep. I think that I am pretty much caught up and the jet lag is behind me. I'm on call this week and weekend, so it better be!

Next weekend we are off to Quito. We are meeting up with our Canadian friends (the ones we cruise with). They have graciously arranged the day trips for us; now we're looking at places for dinner. Why Quito? Well, we went there in 2011 before the Galapagos cruise and weren't terribly impressed with the city. But we heard that there is a lot to do outside of the city that might be more to our liking. When we flew there and had an overnight at the airport last October before the Silver Explorer cruise, we saw the beautiful scenery around the city and thought it would be a fun area to explore. Plus we got a recommendation from my sister that we should give it another try.

So we decided to try it for a long weekend - we leave Albany on Saturday, arrive Saturday night, do day tours Sunday and Monday, then fly home on a red-eye Monday night. We did decide not to work on Tuesday, though, so it's not as crazy as it sounds. Plus there is minimal time difference; it's only an hour behind us, so no jet lag. We've gone to Europe for that amount of time so this should be easy.

But the real question is, will I get our cruise trip pictures labeled and posted before the Quito trip happens? Not sure. Chris is busy choosing the best pics, and I am busy labeling, but it may be a slow process. We did so much that it is hard to keep track of where we were. Funny, it didn't seem so hectic while we were doing it, and we actually stopped for lunch every day but one, so we didn't feel rushed. But when I look at the pictures I think...we really did a lot of stuff in two weeks!

Off to see what DWTS has on tap tonight. Have a good night all!

Good morning Coolers, I have been reading but not posting lately.

JP, I had that parathyroid scan 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten any results:rolleyes:. I have called the Dr's office twice...…..I guess if this was "seriously life/death situation" someone would have called already?.....I called last week and then I called again 2 days ago...….just has to make one wonder They tell me I need this scan and then I can't get any results:eek:

Mysty, so sorry about your weather and glad everyone is ok.

Today I have a Dentist Appt (cleaning).

Hope everyone has a good day.

JP.

You enjoy fine food. When we were in Quito 2010 the concierge in the J W Marriott recommended the restaurant Zazu, about 5 minutes in a taxi. At that time it was rated one of the top three restaurants in South America. Just a wee recomendation. We had a wonderful dinner and the wine list alone is worth the visit. This is of course if you decide to have any time in the city at all. Enjoy your trip. It's a spectacular region.

Rocchi

We met the family in Paris, now in a fantastic villa near Goult in Provence.

The weather has been lovely. The days are hot enough to spend part of the afternoon in the pool with the grandchildren. It is meant to be heated but even with a pool cover it gets a bit chilly. Nice once you are in!

We have been to this area before but it has been nice to revisit some of the little villages.

Yesterday we went to Les Beaux to the Carrieres Lumieres, in an old underground quarry. The show at the moment is Picasso, and it goes through his painting life projected onto the huge walls. There was music played while this was on.

There was also "Flower Power" with psychedelic art and 60s music.

I really enjoyed it.

I suggested driving the scenic way - wrong choice - very narrow winding roads, enough to put a strain on a relationship! We are Australian and this is driving on the "wrong" side of the road!

The day we arrived the wild pigs had visited and made a terrible mess of the beautiful manicured lawn. They visited again a few nights later and finished the job. It looks like someone has used a rotary hoe!!

Only another day here, then all going our seperate ways. It has been a lovely time.